New & Notable releases

1505152535456»

Comments

• Speaking of new releases, has anyone else noticed recently that most new releases on 7Digital are M4A only (no longer a MP3 option - of course they still have FLAC at a higher price, too)?   I wonder if it is just a glitch in their uploader, or whether they lost the rights to MP3 content and can only do the M4A (which may still be watermarked)?

• @soulcoal it's the same here in Australia with our local equivalent, ZDigital.
  • Just had a gleb at the UK site and the few new albums I checked the lower price option was both MP3 & M4A - not sure how that works! I can't figure out who buys their headline downloads anyway when "that sort of music" can be streamed for next to nothing. I mean they aren't really aiming for the old fashioned must own music "serious" music fans. A strange business model.
  • I'm a huge fan of Thesis Project.  I think they're making the best ambient music on the scene.  They just did a pre-order on their latest.  Only the one track is streamable, but that was all it took for me to fall in love.
    THESIS 20:  "Isolarii" by Corey Fuller, Richard Skelton

• I recently noted a few Smoke Session releases (6 Harold Mabern and 3 Peter Bernstein) on BandCamp. I think these are a relatively recent addition and I hope - but don't know of course - that these are a harbinger of more to come.
  • I recently noted a few Smoke Session releases (6 Harold Mabern and 3 Peter Bernstein) on BandCamp

That's good - their demise on eMusic was a major factor when I gave up there
  • yarjazz said:
    I recently noted a few Smoke Session releases (6 Harold Mabern and 3 Peter Bernstein) on BandCamp. I think these are a relatively recent addition and I hope - but don't know of course - that these are a harbinger of more to come.
    And now there are many, many Smoke Session releases at BandCamp so it looks as if the whole catalog will be there soon. And one cannot fault the price at $7 USD (flac and mp3 are the same, of course).
  • Great news that Smoke Sessions is finally on Bandcamp, and love the prices. https://smokesessionsrecords.bandcamp.com/ Looks like all of their 2021 releases are there

• Doofy said:
    Great news that Smoke Sessions is finally on Bandcamp, and love the prices. https://smokesessionsrecords.bandcamp.com/ Looks like all of their 2021 releases are there

Long ago (my god has it been a year?) I teased a new BC addition.  It was Smoke Sessions.
  • I noticed today (Friday 24 March) that several Mack Avenue releases have appeared on BandCamp, including Veronica Swift's widely praised album This Bitter Earth and Danilo Pérez' just released and well reviewed Crisálida. Not a lot of the whole rich Mack Avenue catalogue has (yet?) appeared but we can hope.

• edited March 2022
    yarjazz said:
    I noticed today (Friday 24 March) that several Mack Avenue releases have appeared on BandCamp, including Veronica Swift's widely praised album This Bitter Earth and Danilo Pérez' just released and well reviewed Crisálida. Not a lot of the whole rich Mack Avenue catalogue has (yet?) appeared but we can hope.

Interesting.  I actually recently received a promo for the new Joey Alexander and I only barely looked through it, but there was something there that made me question if it was going to show up on BC... just never followed through to see if it landed.  But there it is.  It's nothing that interests me, but there are other Mack Avenue recordings that have caught my ear from time to time.