Ubuweb Goodies

1234568»

Comments

• My introduction to "Random Radio 090: electrophonomural 8"
    Back in May, I began reading Kenneth Goldsmith's book "Duchamp Is My Lawyer."
    Near the back of the book it mentions "101 things on Ubuweb that you don't know about but should." This is a mix (and sort of an hommage) that features 22 chance-derived suggestions from that list. Not all were audio suggestions, so I created personal realizations of those selections that weren't (sonification of the calligraphy of Hossein Zenderoudi for instance).

After I did this, Goldsmith himself contacted me and thought it was a good idea to post the mix on UbuWeb, while showing interest in the other mixes as well. I thanked him, but wondered how much of a problem it would be for him to get clearances on all of the music in my mixes. I didn't hear back from him. He's been know to have a very laissez-faire attitude about his website, but he wants to be cautious as well. The book is very enlightening reading.

• rostasi said:
    My introduction to "Random Radio 090: electrophonomural 8"
    Back in May, I began reading Kenneth Goldsmith's book "Duchamp Is My Lawyer."
    Near the back of the book it mentions "101 things on Ubuweb that you don't know about but should." This is a mix (and sort of an hommage) that features 22 chance-derived suggestions from that list. Not all were audio suggestions, so I created personal realizations of those selections that weren't (sonification of the calligraphy of Hossein Zenderoudi for instance).

After I did this, Goldsmith himself contacted me and thought it was a good idea to post the mix on UbuWeb, while showing interest in the other mixes as well. I thanked him, but wondered how much of a problem it would be for him to get clearances on all of the music in my mixes. I didn't hear back from him. He's been know to have a very laissez-faire attitude about his website, but he wants to be cautious as well. The book is very enlightening reading.

Seconded that Duchamp Is My Layer is an interesting and provocative read.