Flash Bandcamp Sale

Comments

• @ez6 thanks for the tip. Steven Wilson is by far my favourite modern Prog Rock exponent, solo and as part of Porcupine Tree
  • I've made all Floating Limb releases pay-what-you-like for the next couple of weeks at least - anything I make in that time I'll donate to Medical Aid for Palestinians - floatinglimb.bandcamp.com

• edited October 2023
    Everything is name-your-price!
    blacktapeforabluegirl.bandcamp.com

A few months ago I changed all digital albums on the black tape for a blue girl Bandcamp page to Name-Your-Price. I'm sure I told everyone about this (????) but now I cannot find an email or community post about it. Maybe I was dreaming? If so here's a reminder. Grab everything you want, leave a little something if you can...

(When you donate even a dollar, the album is added to your personal Bandcamp collection, available for streaming and download. When you choose zero, you can download, but the album will not be added to your Bandcamp collection.)

I'm sending TERRACE OF MEMORIES CD/MDs out to the Kickstarter backers. LPs expected in December; after those ship to supporters, all formats will be on sale for everyone.

Have a great rest of your weekend,
    Sam

• ✨️Serein is currently 100% Pay What You Want on digital ✨️

The future is uncertain and I do not support Bandcamp's current trajectory. Make sure you have all your purchases downloaded in lossless format. Disk space is cheap.

• ✨️Serein is currently 100% Pay What You Want on digital ✨️

The future is uncertain and I do not support Bandcamp's current trajectory. Make sure you have all your purchases downloaded in lossless format. Disk space is cheap.

I don't like the prospect of possibly needing to download everything i have ever purchased on BC ....
  • I've always assumed that people downloaded their purchases.
    Why purchase them if you don't actually keep them.
    Are they just listened to online? ...and how is that different
    from just listening in general?
  • Always download and back up to hard drive every month, all my Bandcamp purchases go straight as well onto my Sonos app
  • I always download as I buy. As a result of the recent BC Daily feature I just bought Jim Kirkwood's entire catalogue at 55 releases. Took me a while and today I'll unzip them and move them to two different back-up drives. One in the "office" the other attached to the Hi-Fi in the living room.  I was very surprised when I first heard of folk (not on this list) being honest enough to make purchases on BC but then use it as a streaming service.
  • djh said:
    I always download as I buy. As a result of the recent BC Daily feature I just bought Jim Kirkwood's entire catalogue at 55 releases. Took me a while and today I'll unzip them and move them to two different back-up drives. One in the "office" the other attached to the Hi-Fi in the living room.  I was very surprised when I first heard of folk (not on this list) being honest enough to make purchases on BC but then use it as a streaming service.
    I do back-up nearly everything, but I have purchased a few full catalogs of music (at steep discount) that are not always in my usual listening zone.
  • stewrat said:
    djh said:
    I always download as I buy. As a result of the recent BC Daily feature I just bought Jim Kirkwood's entire catalogue at 55 releases. Took me a while and today I'll unzip them and move them to two different back-up drives. One in the "office" the other attached to the Hi-Fi in the living room.  I was very surprised when I first heard of folk (not on this list) being honest enough to make purchases on BC but then use it as a streaming service.
    I do back-up nearly everything, but I have purchased a few full catalogs of music (at steep discount) that are not always in my usual listening zone.

A bargain can be a dangerous thing! I think I've only ever done complete catalogues 3 or 4 times for exactly the reason you mention.
  • Complete catalogues are even more fun when you have your own strict tagging system and insist on retagging all the tracks. 
  • Complete catalogues are even more fun when you have your own strict tagging system and insist on retagging all the tracks. 

Have you spoken to a professional about this? :D Seriously though when would you have time to do anything else? I'm afraid I'd just make do - get the music playing and get a good book on the go.
  • I do a few at a time, and can often batch edit. The most annoying ones are the various artists ones where “various artists” or the label name has been put in the artist field.
  • Hey all, today is Bandcamp Friday and ALL of my self-releases are available for the price of your choosing, from $0.00 on up:

pioulard.bandcamp.com/music

• $1 albums / $11 Discography

Every individual album is $1.00
    Entire discography is $11.79

Today only!

zakedrone.bandcamp.com

• Big sale today as we get ready for a very busy 2024.
    35% off with the code bigone.
    As always thanks for your support

• MoonJune is offering 35% OFF on everything listed on
    moonjunerecords.bandcamp.com
    from today FRIDAY NOV 3 until SUNDAY NOV 5, Midnight UTC.

At the checkout please apply this discount code:
    moonjunenovember2023
    And the final discounted amount will be applied automatically.
  • This Friday, November 3rd, is Bandcamp Friday and the Sahel Sounds back catalog is available for free download from Midnight to Midnight PST!

Check it out at sahelsounds.bandcamp.com

• Pi Recordings putting some CDs on sale.  Not sure if this is the whole list:

Happy BandCamp Friday Eve….

As we get close to the end of the year we’re doing a little house cleaning and have found a couple of cases of CDs we’d like to move. Tomorrow, Friday the 3rd, to celebrate November’s BandCamp Friday we’ve discounted the following CDs to $7.50 a title. This is less than a digital download of these titles and you still get the download and the CD. Check ‘em out and happy shopping.

Henry Threadgill:
    - Dirt… And More Dirt
    - Old Locks and Irregular Verbs
    - Double Up, Plays Double Up Plus

Steve Lehman:
    - The People I Love
    - Dialect Fluorescent
    - Sélébéyone

Amir ElSaffar:
    - Two Rivers
    - Radif Suite
    - Alchemy
    - Inana
    - Crisis

• ez6ez6
    edited November 2023
    For Bandcamp Friday, Sleater-Kinney's albums are pay-what-you-want.
    https://sleaterkinney.bandcamp.com/
  • It’s Bandcamp Friday! Problematic recent developments aside, 4 now, BC remains 1 of the best/easiest ways to directly support the artists you love.
    All the Belly recorded material we own outright is available on BC as ‘pay what you want’...

https://bellyofficial.bandcamp.com/
  • I used the "Batchcamp" app that I posted a few weeks ago
    for the first time (I've been away in New Mexico) and it works
    quite nicely. I was wondering how it would handle a large number
    of items, but it seems to have done just fine with the 30,546 tunes
    I've picked up from Bandcamp so far. FYI!
  • rostasi said:
    I used the "Batchcamp" app that I posted a few weeks ago
    for the first time (I've been away in New Mexico) and it works
    quite nicely. I was wondering how it would handle a large number
    of items, but it seems to have done just fine with the 30,546 tunes
    I've picked up from Bandcamp so far. FYI!

Now of course you have me wondering how may individual tracks my 1616 albums would equate to. Not 30K plus I'll bet. Glad the app worked for you.

• Greenleaf's Pre-Thanksgiving Sale

$5 download/$& CD for Greenleaf artist's picks from their catalog

• @Bad Thoughts Thanks - I'm going to grab the Rudy Royston album I think.
  • n5MD's Bandcamp and n5Mailorder.

Using coupon code "blackfriday2023" at our Bandcamp or n5Mailorder sites gets you 25% off until Friday, Nov 24th, 11:59 PST. 

• iDEAL Recordings just made their full digital discography (57 releases) available on Bandcamp for €207 EUR (a 50% discount).
    Check it out here.
  • PROJEKT CYBER 23 SALE

Fine Print:
    • 50% off downloads, use " birdy " during checkout.
    • 25% off CDs use " bird " during checkout.
    • 25% off doesn't apply to $7.99 and $9.99 warehouse sale CDs. Please don't add those to your cart or your order will be refunded.
    • LPs & other merchandise items are not on sale. Please don't add those to your cart or your order will be refunded.
    • Last we heard, coupon codes don’t work on mobile, only on the website.
    • Through 11:59pm EST on Monday December 4, 2023.

projektrecords.bandcamp.com
  • edited November 2023
    Matador supposedly have a sale w/ 25% off (nearly) everything, ie. except pre-orders, with code BRAINWASH (until November 26).

https://shop.matadorrecords.com

I say "supposedly" since it doesn't seem to apply to downloads and their support didn't reply when I asked for details :/