Dub Specialist being Coxsone Dodd, or at least at a guess one of his engineers/producers. I have a moody 18 track rip but the link is to the official Bandcamp download with two extra tracks. Fine stuff.
An oldie from emusic, now on bandcamp, have not revisited this in a long time, still sounds pretty great. In the same ballpark as, say, From the Mouth of the Sun, maybe some of A Winged Victory for the Sullen.
I was reading a Substack post on the unjustly neglected pianist Walter Bishop Jr and this album was one of the ones mentioned. Lots of other great players as you might guess, it being an Art Blakey joint. It's also a "fix-up" album made of tracks from two 10" album releases something I find fascinating in a nerdy fashion.
Comments
https://studioone.bandcamp.com/album/version-dread
Dub Specialist being Coxsone Dodd, or at least at a guess one of his engineers/producers. I have a moody 18 track rip but the link is to the official Bandcamp download with two extra tracks. Fine stuff.
RETURN OF LIGHT OF NO RETURN
by hwy51
https://hwy51.bandcamp.com/album/return-of-light-of-no-return
I was reading a Substack post on the unjustly neglected pianist Walter Bishop Jr and this album was one of the ones mentioned. Lots of other great players as you might guess, it being an Art Blakey joint. It's also a "fix-up" album made of tracks from two 10" album releases something I find fascinating in a nerdy fashion.