This is causing more tension than a fat man making a sandwich

Implement the conversion already will ya

I'm tired of waiting to see how this ends

Comments

• My DLs refreshed today and I frantically cleared them out for fear of a botched conversion. Now I can sit back for a couple of weeks and see how this plays out.
  • for fear of a botched conversion.
    If I still subscribed, I'd buy a booster because things will be botched, but I think they will be botched in the customer's favor. But it would be awful to not be able to get to them because of a work schedule.
  • For real, I'm almost afraid to look. On the Sony drop, I had a BB card in reserve, which I happily cashed in for mispriced box sets. I cleaned up that day!

I have a tricky little feeling that album prices are not going to be favorable. We shall see, day after tomorrow!
  • We shall see, day after tomorrow!

Is that the official line or have you been reading chicken entrails again
  • We southern gals call 'em chicken guts.

My refresh occurred during the night -- so with my 24 and the remaining 11 from the booster pack sale, I plan on hitting the library tomorrow and using them all. The change is to come on Tuesday. If there's anything I just can't live without, there's always another booster pack.

I am surprised at how much my interest has decreased over the last year and a half. It used to be that I could hardly wait for that 90 credits to refresh. The 90 ended a year ago. Yes, I have things on my SFL, but that drive is gone. There hasn't been anything that I was/am eager to get. I think it through, use the credits, sometimes listen, sometimes don't, then I do it all over again the next month. I do plan to see how things shake out, but I'm thinking I won't be a subscriber much longer.
  • I had bought a booster so I would have credits for any "mistakes" that come through on the big day, then I refreshed Sunday. The only problem is that I am traveling tomorrow and will miss the big drop! Ah well. I'll burn through some SFL today and life will be good on my drive.

All dressed up and no place to go....
  • Think it might have started now!
    I was looking at Monday's new releases earlier, but when I came back to the site around 3pm (UK time) it was completely borked - couldn't log in either.

Definitely seemed different from the usual site mess ups I get over there.
  • False alarm!
    Site working again now.

See you all here tomorrow when it really does break :-)
  • I don't really understand why my account doesn't cancel until 30 days after I canceled it, but I will enjoy still having full access tomorrow. Should be fun to watch!

Craig
  • I just can't believe that a day before the biggest change over there they are still offering people the old subscriptions without any notice of the switch whatsoever.

What am I talking about? Of course they wouldn't let people know.

I'm thinking of reactivating my original subscription for the day for one last hurray. Then most likely a free month for a second last hurray. Which will go with a couple other last hurrays that I have lined up.
  • Where is this Tuesday is D day business coming from?

Did I miss something?

I have scanned the relevant posts and I don't see any official reference to Tuesday.

What gives?
  • CathyHN posted in a couple threads about a week ago that tomorrow is U-Day.

Craig
  • Why didn't somebody post that information here.

This website is a scam

I want my money back

Swindlee!
  • This gambit to become the most prolific poster is becoming a little thin.
  • I'm shocked!

Not really.

Craig
  • edited November 2010
    I'm shocked!
    I'm relieved. I might get one more refresh before the big change (crashes the whole site).
  • Hooray, unforeseen complications! This is great for me, time for a whole 'nother reload at this year's prices.
  • Yeah! I get another month of 50 credits for 50% off! I honestly do have things I want from Universal but the chances of any of these credits surviving more than a day or two are incredibly thin.
  • I see the theory on the other boards is they postponed it because of the Apple announcement. I'm dubious, what could iTunes announce that would affect this? eMusic has already made its announcement, this is just the administrative implementation thereof. Think the evidence of eMusic's previous inability to cope with large projects (or small projects) like this makes cathy's icky ingesting metaphor more than persuasive.
  • edited November 2010
    I was actually going to float this theory above, but changed my mind. I almost hope that this "strategic hypothesis" is true, as it suggests that iTunes is even aware of eMu as a competitor of sorts.

I acknowledge that, as a rule, eMu klutziness explains more stuff than eMu caginess. But given that Apple makes news when Steve Jobs blows his nose (almost literally!), it makes sense to cede the day to them.
  • it makes sense to cede the day to them.

But what if they announce something that actually makes a difference in emusic's business? It may not be blown over by Thanksgiving - especially if people are out buying itunes gift cards on Black Friday. Seems like a risky strategy. But what do I know.

Maybe Universal got shaken by itunes' announcement and put the brakes on?
  • It's simple incompetence on eMu's part. When have they ever successfully rolled out something new? In the last few months it's even been difficult for them to figure out new release Tuesdays. The sheer number of Universal releases makes this is a new release Tuesday on the best steroids known to man.

Craig
  • I'd be susprised if the iTunes announcement is that big of a deal. Probably it will be like, "We are going to have a big cloud thing soon, now go forth and buy our stock."
  • edited November 2010
    Before Thanksgiving, eh? That gives us a window of 8 days - shall we have a pool, or does anybody give that much of a fig? I say Friday the nineteenth for particular reason at all.
    I haven't updated from iTunes 8 yet because I don't want my apple cart, pardon the expression, upset - everything is downloading and playing nicely together. I'll have to update if I want a cloud - I'm with Aristophanes on this one.
  • Crap, not another useless Apple announcement. I wish I could shut off the 75% of the Internet that turns into a giant circle jerk every time they add another widget nobody needs but has to buy immediately.
  • Crap, not another useless Apple announcement.
    Got burned on the iRack, thom?
  • I'm torn on when I think eMu will actually launch UMG. On the one hand I've thought all along that it wouldn't be until December. On the other, the fact that they just made this message board post the day before U-Day leads me to believe they may not actually be all that far off from sorting the issues out....hmmmm....

I think I'll err on the side of eMu incompetence and say the launch will actually occur on December 7, 2010.

I'm also way behind on my iTunes updates (don't remember exactly what I'm running at the moment), just like I'm running an eMu downloader that is over a year and a half old.

Craig
  • I'm still running eMu DLM 4.1.2 which is about 2 years old I think - I had tried updating from that on my cranky old work laptop first and it totally zapped it, screwed the pooch irretrievably, no matter what I did, so I eventually did a Firewire transfer of the DLM from my desktop to restore the situation - that was the last upgrade I did and I ain't budging until the s**t don't work no more.
  • Shocked, I tell ya. Shocked.

Now I have to decide if I want to use the two boosters I bought now before the change or hold 'em and hope for some screw ups after the change.
  • Maybe we should start a contest for who is using the oldest version of the download mangler

3.0.14 and holding

Ha