Another emusic free album deal on twitter right now

edited August 2011 in General
"eMusic members, today & tomorrow: Tweet us your fav. eMusic summer album & we'll credit you its cost. Credit valid 8/5-8/19 #eMusicSummer"

After tweeting, you DM your emusic login to @emusicHelps and they credit your account. This is the third of these I've caught recently - starting to add up to a nice perk.

Comments

• What's the most money y'all have been given from these promotions? Will they credit you a box set?
  • Okay, I just created a twitter account. Do I search for "#eMusicSummer" and tell that my summer album?
  • Search for @emusic.
  • Okay, I chose to "follow".
  • What does that #eMusicSummer mean?
  • Okay, the damn thing won't let me DM my login to emusichelps. Apparently they need to be following me.

Alright, it occurs to me that it's late at night and there's probably nobody at emu right now to follow me. My guess is if I had sent my original tweet in to the first @-account, then they would've auto-followed me right away. I think the more I become familiar with technology that lives in the instant, the more impatient I get when it's not instantaneous. Like from people sleeping.

So, am I able now to just tweet random shit to @emusic?

Can I send them a tweet that says nothing more than...

"Beyond disappointed"

or

"Monies"

????

Is this available to me? Will I get in trouble? Will they block my account and thus I'll never know about free album give-aways again?

Monies.
  • @Kenny,
    Most I've asked for is $7.50 I think. Was tempted the first time to find something bigger, but decided that some shreds of dignity were better than naked greed. The offer is always a question (this time "what's your favorite summer album?") so the question also arises for me of what it does for my character if I'm willing to lie to get a few dollars from an online music merchant.

@jonahpwll
    If you followed @emusicHelps then they will follow you back. (And as long as you tweeted the album in reply to the tweet from @emusic, there's a public record that you are due the credits). Then you can message them, and they'll acknowledge, and you'll get the credit on the 5th. It has worked like clockwork the last 2 times. Seems like Helps are not back on to this yet, they haven't replied to my message from yesterday evening yet either. It'll come though. And yeah, you can tweet them anything. As long as it's IN AN ACCOUNT.

I'm surprised they are promising this one for two days. The last ones have run for about 4 hours. What if it went viral?
  • As long as it's IN AN ACCOUNT.

It is inconceivable that this last part has had me in tears laughing for over five minutes. I swear, I don't know what it is about that whole thing, but it gets me every damn time.
  • edited August 2011
    Viral for them would be good because it necessitates you have an eMusic account but the downside of that would be message boards flooded with "WHEREZ TEH LATEST TECH N9NE HANNA MONTANA R3MIXX?!?! LAME!11!!ELEVENTYONE!"
  • *Chuckle*, true. I was thinking more emusic modest viral (like a head cold) where 300,000 of their members request a free album, rather than the few dozen that appear to have responded to the last couple of times. This kind of promo seems dependent for its economics on most folk not noticing in time.
  • @jonahpwll thinking about you laughing about it has me chuckling too. Some psychologist should study us.
  • FYI, emusichelps just followed me and I DM'd my album. If you tweeted after 6pm yesterday, they're probably following you now, too.
  • Just got a DM thanking me for my tweet and that I should look for a credit tomorrow. Very excited for the album I'll be getting.

Thanks for the heads-up, GP! You're so Monies!
  • What's the most money y'all have been given from these promotions?

i dunno, but this was my emusic summer jam 2011.

what am i gonna do with all that money?
  • edited August 2011
    This was my summer selection with emu gave me from this twitter deal...

51-DvAAUbYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Lionel Belmondo - "Hymne Au Soleil (Remastered)"

A pretty album, barely restrained in a way similar to Coltrane's My Favorite Things album. I only discovered this not long ago when the reissue was released on emusic.

* Lionel Belmondo : art direction, arrangements, tenor and soprano saxophones, flute
    * St
  • Today only: "eMusic Members, flashback to school by Tweeting us your fav. album from High School & we’ll credit you its cost. Today only. #BackToSchool" and "Once you’ve Tweeted @eMusic, DM @eMusicHelps w/ ur eMusic login & album info to claim your credit. Credit valid 9/1-9/15. #BackToSchool"

I chose Led Zeppelin, Physical Graffiti. I still remember the moment I bought the record at Woolworth. Really. Technically LV I or Zoso was my favorite, but Physical Graffiti is more $$ on eMusic.
  • edited September 2011
    Sweet, thanks! This one's easy for me:

300x300.jpg

Not trying to be greedy with this 2 Ell-Pee set...I literally committed it to memory between 1974-77.
  • I have a sweet $8.44 credit for enjoying Led Zeppelin in the late 70's. Worth watching twitter, this is the second courtesy credit I have scored.
  • I also got credited full price on the Todd set. I was wandering the post-Beatle power pop byways back then...Never really did find my way to Zep.

Looking back on my Twitter msgs, there were promos on Fourth of July, Father's Day, now Back to School. Halloween promo next, d'you think??
  • Oh wait, I got the August "summer album" promo too...So that's 4 since late June.
  • Yeah, I'm hoping they keep up the pace - it's more than an album a month.
  • Dammit. Been so busy working that I've been missing out on these. x-(
  • I'll make sure to re-post on Twitter henceforth. I am @doofycomics, in case anyone wants to follow!
  • "Never really did find my way to Zep."

I was trying to scare my parents and avoid disco.
  • You got less than four hours to twitter emu a holiday album for a nine buck credit. Go!
  • edited December 2011
    Never thought I'd be able to say this, but what with all the freebies lately from emusic, and being out of town for a while during which my account also refreshed, they are actually putting credit in my account faster than I can identify which albums I want to download. Thanks for the heads up!
  • they are actually putting credit in my account faster than I can identify which albums I want to download.
    TPTB want you to click on the big picture at the top of the page, of course.
  • The big picture on the top of the page is actually a prophylactic that prevents download of any albums mentioned in it.
  • edited December 2011
    Ho ho ho. No problem for me...I consider this a truly great album, Xmas or otherwise.

300x300.jpg
  • My choice...

1315788078_front.jpg?type=w1

Peter Bryngelsson "Wunderbaum"

-It's got trees in it. That's like christmas.