Amie Street credit sales?

edited November 2009 in General
Just wondering how often Amie Street has credit sales? I've been there a little over a month and have noticed three 30% sales.

I bought credit during two of these sales, but noticed some of you talking about 50% sales too. How often do they run these?

cowrun

Comments

• They can be very sporadic and it's possible that we won't see any again. Rather surprisingly they ran at least 2 of them after Sony dropped before the 30% sales.
  • I think Thom is right and we may never see another 50% off sale.

Sigh.

Craig
  • Maybe Prodigy will help you with this...
  • There is no reason to think another 50% off sale won't come.
  • I agree - I think another one will come when the arrivals slow down - with all the new stuff showing up lately they don't need a big sale to keep people interested.
  • frogkopf,
    I followed your link and was wondering "so?" and then a couple click later ended up at AmieStreet. My account was down to $5.17/3 recs and a has now been reloaded/restocked.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
  • I Googled for Amie Street 50% and after following the link, I always have the option to "get 50% any purchase of more than $6". Weird.
  • Holy hell. Is that link legit?

Craig
  • They must not do a very good job of expiring offers. And now I'm debating whether I should really be spending another 25 bucks... especially when cashing in all my RECs would give me $23 or so.

DAMN YOU FROGKOPF!
  • edited November 2009
    Legit in the sense that it works? Yes.

Legit in the sense that is it supposed to still work? It's what thom said - they aren't too good about expiring links. I've come across several offers in blogs that trigger off the sale. I haven't used any of them lately, because I still have about $300 in my account including REC money.

I figure it's like going into a store and they haven't retagged some items after a sale - if you bring up to the register and they still give you the sale price, so be it.
  • amie street probably doesn't have much incentive to close out the sales - every dollar they get is still a dollar they get. how the labels and artists feel is another matter.
  • Thanks Froggie!
    Didn't quite need more cash in my account yet, but it was getting close.
    Still very slim pickings at Amie here in the UK, but there's usually something every few days worth snagging.
  • Thanks Frogkopf! I was down to my last $3 and change and trying to hold off on cashing in some recent RECs. Much appreciated.
  • Thanks for Frogkopf, and I never thought I would say it, thanks for The Prodigy. My only sadness is that the New World releases seem to have stopped.
  • Oh, I see. Very clever. I'll add some more $ to my account....
  • 30% on again as of this morning.
  • edited November 2009
    Really ? - I don't see that.
    What I see is "You get 50% off your next purchase! " (in white on red)
  • Brighternow

That's because you clicked through a 50% off link earlier, and BigD-Bluez didn't. the 50% off cookie will override the 30% off. The cookie is server side, so you will continue to see the 50% off sale until that cookie expires. If you log off, you will probably see the 30% off sale.
  • I got the email for 30%, but I also still have the 50% off heading. I assume this is due to froggies link.

Craig
  • Yup the last time I found a link (a different link), I had a 50% off sale on my account for almost a month, regardless of whatever anyone else was getting.
  • Sweet. I purchased credits yesterday at 50% off but still have the link on my account. If it hangs around I'll probably buy more in a couple of weeks.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Froggie....

Logging out and in did'nt do the job but when I clicked on the 50 % off next....., I got directed to 50 % off Credit pagages

Edit:
    Oh ! now I get it, I thought the 50 % off..... was for my next download.
  • You know, Brighternow, I really thought you were complaining that you were stuck with the 50% off sale when you wanted the 30% off sale like everybody else...
  • Thanks for that link Froggie!

cowrun
  • It will probably come back and bite me in the ass. Now that you're all replenished, you'll start driving up the price of the albums quicker and I'll end up paying more.

On the upside, maybe I'll make it back on RECs going higher too...
  • Imeem is dead. Long live Amie Street!
  • "Wow" - 50% of on Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears !
  • Thanks thom!
    I just missed the last 48 hour credit sale because I was just too busy w/work stuff (really). I couldn't find a working old link that would get me around the issue.
  • 25% off credit sale going on now.
  • I've pretty much given up with amie.
    They occasionally get an album I want, but almost all the interesting stuff is n/a in the UK.
    At current levels of downloading the $15 or so that's been sitting in my account for the last couple of months should see me through till next Xmas at least.
    When it runs out I'll probably just give up on the place completely.
    If there was a label search feature it might help me use up the credit, but as things stand the site just feels like a waste of my time.