Re-Tagging Tools

edited April 2013 in General
No, the title is not meant as a pejorative, but in a utilitarian fashion. Whilst re-tagging a Sonny Stitt comp I couldn't find the cover art for a couple of releases in the usual places so a search took me to the Cover Art Archive, a function of the Internet Archive I was unaware of. Hope this is of use.

Comments

• Am I an idiot, or is there no way to search that archive, and are the covers not actually labeled? I can't see how anyone could use that archive from that interface.

Fwiw, if google images doesn't provide a satisfactory (500-600 square in general) image, my second stop is at rateyourmusic (logged in), whose users often provide the best available image.
  • edited April 2013
    I see what you mean - that is a squirrelly interface. My first cover I got from a Google search that took me to it, and the second I just got from the Search box, but it does seem rather persnickety.
  • The Cover Art Archive is a joint project between the Internet Archive and MusicBrainz, whose goal is to make cover art images available to everyone on the Internet in an organised and convenient way.

Hardly looks either organised or convenient, more like obfuscated, with names like "mbid-ef85825f-658e-4697-a692-a204109bbf18" and no searchable text. About the only way I can see to find any of those images would be to search on MusicBrainz.

Oh, and that long string of gobbledygook is the cover for Henryk Mi?kiewicz - Full Drive