this post category should actually be HIGH ALERT!

edited December 2010 in Fight Club
some things left unspoken create meaning in their silence. for example, in all my years of boarding, no one has ever puffed a sound about {insert unspoken band name here}. while they managed to produce several recordings, were darlings of mtv in the 90's and the lead singer is about as recognizable as marilyn manson they remain buried in thought - if not all things.

then it struck me!!!

if this unspeakable power can be harnessed!!!

we can rid ourselves completely!!!

of the unspeakable...

YOU KNOW WHO!!!

who's with me???

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I'm always with you brittleblood, but I have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. ;-)
  • I am certain he speaks of the ilk and dreck that is U2 or REM. You choose, can't lose.
  • close...but not SMASHING!!!
  • Ah, I have fond memories of listening to Gish at a now-forgotten coffee shop on 17th in Denver, and Siamese Dream at this dive bar on maybe 15th on the edge of downtown that apparently is now a hipster bar that has some very good live music... I spent a happy Thanksgiving there long ago, in fact.
    What's his name, the lead singer, does seem like kind of a mope, but I do enjoy their music. At least their old stuff. Haven't listening to much since that Meloncholie album. I can see how his voice would grate on peoples' souls, but I rather like it.
  • close...but not SMASHING!!!
    - Ah ! - Billy Corgan ? ? ?
  • Oh, I'm sure I've mentioned them a time or two. As someone who grew up with parents who aren't music fans and without an older sibling to show me the light, it wasn't until I heard the opening of "Cherub Rock" to kick off Siamese Dream that I really understood what music could do. The rest is history.

Sounds ridiculous in hindsight (especially with Corgan being such a twit), but it's the god's honest truth.

Craig
  • Linkin' Creedback?

Oops! No, wrong decade......

I think the Pumpkins had their merits, but I was never gaga about them - I think it has something to do with Corgan sounding too much much like a snot-nosed 14 y.o., vocalwise. But I suppose that was part of the draw for a lot of his fans - made him sound very teenage angsty.
  • so. moving forward.

we're all in agreement to let the inevitable nosedive of ignominy (shiat, ignomy is NOT a word, wtf?) settle in/come to pass re: you know who...with the aforementioned unspeakable band as example.
  • edited December 2010
    I hate secrets. Especially when I'm not in on them.

:-)
  • Brittleblood's tastes seem to be highly catholic from what I gather, so I'm guessing he's referring to Wanderer, or even eMusic ("Mordac?") itself - in other words, suggesting that they'll simply vanish/go away if people stop paying attention to them, just as the Smashing Pumpkins did, once people finally realized they weren't all that good.
  • edited December 2010
    - Could it have anything to do with this statement from mr. Brittleblood @ the test thread ?
    but, HEY! ain't it time we ran a thread to impose an avatar on music lover!!!
  • edited December 2010
    Sitting here grinning. mr. Brittleblood often leaves me guessing. I find it isn't necessary to understand his posts in order to enjoy them.
  • Last paragraph of current last post in the Pure Thievery thread over there:

"P.S. If anybody wants to have a laugh they should go to the emusers website and search for "Wanderer" and look at what they have to say about this toadying apologist clown in an uncensored forum. You're a joke Wanderer - the kind of guy who's never had a girlfriend. "
  • I find it isn't necessary to understand his posts in order to enjoy them.
    I think that goes for a number of the characters around these parts.
  • Last paragraph of current last post in the Pure Thievery thread over there:

"P.S. If anybody wants to have a laugh they should go to the emusers website and search for "Wanderer" and look at what they have to say about this toadying apologist clown in an uncensored forum. You're a joke Wanderer - the kind of guy who's never had a girlfriend. "

That's unfortunate. If we get a flood of emusic members registering just to bitch about that guy, I'm not sure how I'll react. I'd hate for this place to begin mimicking the emu forums.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about that. If it becomes a problem, sheriff xtrev or another mod can just lock down threads and tell people to keep it to a single thread that people can easily ignore.

So far the newest users seem to be pretty happy to find a place where they can focus more on talking about music and stuff.
  • So far the newest users seem to be pretty happy to find a place where they can focus more on talking about music and stuff.

Agreed on that. I've already reaped the rewards of some of their recs. If all our new members are people who, like myself, are sick of the emu forum contentiousness, then emusers will become an even better place to shoot the breeze.
  • I've been thrilled with the recent influx of new users. Seem like good folks with something to share.

Craig
  • I agree, the new people are shiny and useful.
  • edited December 2010
    and so it came to pass, the three wise men - all three kings in lands far, further and furthest away - gazed into the desert sky and noted a star shining so brilliant they were at once moved to reflect upon its meaning.

to be continued...
  • a sound, originating from the shadowed side of a distant hill - pure and carried by the wind - caught the men somewhat by surprise. the star's brilliance duly noted, they turned their efforts to securing their camels and building a fire.

to be continued...
  • the unattended sound and the persistence of the star wrestled in the minds of each. the night was the night. the fire was the fire. yet the aspect of being alive was never so insistent as it was.

as it was.
  • having traveled - each the companion to the other - distances and time beyond royal duty, the three kings had formed a routine which reduced the need for words. still the same, the silence which stood watch over them was troublesome and unending.

the king from far offered his pipe. each in turn became spiritualized.
  • there we have it.

i'll now pass the pipe to germanprof to continue the seasonal tale.
  • edited December 2010
    FesterandKarbunkle.jpg&t=1
    Germanprof - - - - - - - - - -Mr. Brittleblood
  • edited December 2010
    King 1: A cheeseburger.

King 2: With french friess?

King 3: A religious, social and cultural revolution. A divine invasion. The end of time and it's simultaneous beginning. The end of everything and it's simultaneous beginning. A change is gonna come. The word. The word. The word.

King 2: Mit pomme fritess?
  • edited December 2010
    ...totally lost.

confused.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQp7wyTfvzBAnI3GDc3hz_WWYpit0gyd3w9822nRK4Uvrh3vM1
  • urgently collecting the smoldering tobacco and returning it to the pipe's hollow, the bent germanprof examined the hardwood floor for any remaining embers. assured he was no longer at risk of starting another fire he reconnected to the events and felt somewhat awkward. but composure is a birthright of any german authority so he effortlessly raised to address 68 as if nothing out of the ordinary occurred.

but the out of the ordinary had indeed occurred. he found himself alone. alone in an attic study of some vague familiarity. a home. he had boarded at this home some 25 years earlier at the university.

nothing along the lines of recollection - no, pure embedded respect for the rules - caused him to scurry to the window and open the window. he had promised to his landlady - an elderly woman from meine - he would not smoke in the house. the cold december wind entered and it was only then he realized the air in the attic held its own signature.

i've broken the rules...

the wind continued what the wind is apt to do - namely find an unsecured manuscript and chaotically redistribute its order.

he returned to the window - noting the unaccustomed youth in his stride - flinging the pipe as far as he could to the quiet side street below and repositioning the window to its closed and leaky winter existence.

returning to his desk he muttered the name of his professor - for no other reason than a means to acknowledge his confused and annoyed countenance.

bending once more, he took to what germanprof's are apt to do - namely apply order to documents which were written very long ago.

our story continues...