Amazon $2 Off code for VDay

edited February 2011 in General
Looks like you can get $2 off for sending some mp3 love to someone for Valentine's Day.

Comments

• Good thing I am in favor of self-love. Thanks for the link.
  • Lol I did the same thing, though my girlfriend has great taste in music, so it wouldn't have been impossible to find her something on amazon.

I opted to use my $2 towards the new Cut Copy Album based in part on the track “Need You Now” as iTunes free Single of the week and my love of their first album. With the exception of last week's Civil War track, it's been a long time since they've given away anything worthwhile free.
  • edited February 2011
    I used my two buck credit on this...

B000NTPC7O.01_SL75_.jpg

John Handy - "Live at the Monterey Jazz Festival"

John Handy (alto saxophone); Jerry Hahn (guitar); Mike White (violin); Don Thompson (bass); Terry Clarke (drums).

An overlooked pricing at Amazon. Listed at nine bucks, you can still buy the two tracks at .99 each. So with my credit... free.

I owned this album back in the day, but it never made it with me to Chicago (or beyond). It's one of my top twenty jazz albums of all time (maybe even top ten). John Handy led an unusual orchestration of instruments that was a leader in the expansion of jazz in late-sixties San Francisco, employing rock sensibilities to an approach that remained wholly a jazz album. Intense rising waves of frenzied sound that crash down into peaceful resolutions.

I've held off buying this album as mp3, 'cause I keep telling myself I'll buy the physical cd again. But I've been telling myself this for awhile and just didn't feel like waiting any longer to begin listening to this album again.

Here's the second track on the album, Spanish Lady...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-wiLECmuA

The first track, If Only We Knew, is one of my favorite jazz songs ever.
  • Thanks for the recommendation Jonah. Emusic (UK/EU) have it for £1.26 for three tracks. Not a bad price for 78 minutes. I'll certainly download for that price.