Can y'all vote for my friends to play PDX Pop Now?

edited April 2011 in General
Hey all.

I have another favor to ask.

I've mentioned Port St. Willow before on the bandcamp discussion. They played a show in Tacoma and have since become friends (it's a small world, after all). There's a great indie music festival in Portland called PDX Pop Now. Would you vote for my friends to be on the bill? All you have to do is type in Port St. Willow; no email address required.

http://pdxpopnow.com/requests

If you're into any other Portland bands, vote for them too. I also voted for Mojave Bird, Kelli Schaefer, and White Hinterland.

Thanks, all.

PS. Last time I had y'all vote for my friends Goldfinch to play Bumbershoot, they got hundreds more votes than any of the other bands. I attribute part of that to y'all. So thanks.

Comments

• Voted. Voted for Dragging an Ox Through Water too. I think he's in Portland.
  • PS. Last time I had y'all vote for my friends Goldfinch to play Bumbershoot, they got hundreds more votes than any of the other bands. I attribute part of that to y'all. So thanks.

Yeah, we are pretty much kingmakers around here. One of these days we are going to start calling in some favors!
  • I voted.
    I wanted to vote for someone else, but I'm failing to come up with the Portland band that I've been listening to a lot of lately. Oh, wait. Somewhere on some forum I made a comment about a certain band/musician on a certain label that was sort of the Kranky of the Pacific Northwest. Lemme go search for that.
  • Doofy said: One of these days we are going to start calling in some favors!

I say: If all it takes is me filling out a form online, ask away.
  • Done! I hope it helps. I'll have to try to search them out
  • @Kenny, no I mean from these bands after they make it big. Not much, like maybe just a special eMusers tent party when they play the Super Bowl halftime show.
  • @Doofy - if it is expenses paid I'll be there!
  • if it is expenses paid I'll be there!
    - Ditto !
    I've always wanted to visit the US.
    :-)
  • @Brighternow - 10,000 Euros should about be enough to get us both over there with a few nights in a hotel - not much for voting is it?
  • @Greg,
    No, I'm a humble person, Business class and an ordinary 5 star hotel will do just fine.
  • So perhaps 10000 Euros each? Realised my computer has no Euro E sign - that's what you get when you buy Dell!
  • edited April 2011
    Will do. I bought their EP from bandcamp after you rec'd it, and enjoy it. [edit] Done.
  • His voice is phenomenal live. I'll let y'all know next time they're on tour. He's recording an episode of Shaking Through (the people who introduced Sharon Van Etten's crazy incredible "Love More" to the world) with the guy from the Antlers next week. That's gonna be good.