What are you drinking right now?

2»

Comments

• Now that's a thoughtful wife!
  • edited November 2012
    It sounds like that spa is worth every penny!
  • I shall look out for that Lowlife. I'm drinking a mug of hot chocolate, just right for a cold, damp, dark morning.
  • Our regime after she was unwell was to get out of London and do lots of walking. Apart from seeing lots of great countryside round London was to also discover lots of great pubs where we can sample the local ales. There are so many good micro breweries around so I will try and keep a list of the good ones
  • edited November 2012
    My very delicious homemade elderberry juice . . .
    :-)
  • MrVMrV
    edited November 2012
    franziskaner-hefe-weissbier-hell.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving from and to the USA.
  • edited November 2012
    happy_thanksgiving-7876.jpg
    - From Denmark . . .
  • Water.

But I'm eating dried cow lung, cow skin, cassava leaves, and beans in chili paste. Surprisingly delicious.
  • Buon Appetito!
  • 220px-Red_Stripe_2012.JPG
    It's the perfect bottle
  • edited February 2016
    Whoa, what's the % on that bad boy?
    I have developed a fondness for Founder's Dirty Bastard ale myself, which at 8.5% gets the job done.
  • edited February 2016
    @BigD-Bluez 6.66% ABV

Correction: 6.1% apparently.  I saw 6.66% on the tag in the store and just saw that same # on some 'rate your beer' page.  I then dug a little further and got to the company's official sight and they publish a 6.1% figure.
  • Well not drinking it right now, but maybe later tonight

I got this as a Christmas present and I do highly recommend it if you can find it.

There is a retail locator on their website

• Whilst discussing beers, we drank some really good beers from local breweries whilst in California a few months back, to the extent that we actually tried less wine than I thought we would.
  • @jackedUPjazz That's an interesting brew, and the link tells me there's actually a store that may have it not too far a walk from me, some day when it's not ass-freezing cold.  Not every day you can chug one and support music education.
  • @BigD-Bluez That's true they do support jazz education.

But the thing is, they make an excellent beer and it's perfect for me;
    balanced, dark and the head is smooth and creamy if you pour it properly.

I keep some pint glasses in the freezer for this type situation and trust me it is worth a brisk walk in the ass freezing cold.

But don't let the smooth taste fool you, it's got alcohol by volume of 9.4% so chug one on the way back and you won't really give a shit about the cold.
  • Today off the Lewes in Sussex for a football match, it is the home of Harvey;s bitter so I expect the odd pint or two to be consumed today
  • Well done on the Harvey's an excellent pint. I'd avoid the football myself...
    Later on I'm looking forward to my current favourite bottle.

Strength: 9% ABV

Size of Bottle: 33cl

Beer Description: Wild ‘brettanomyces’ yeast is added to the original Straffe Hendrik Tripel beer to produce this fruitier version. It will continue to develop the more mature it becomes. Quantities are limited.

• Actually after having a couple of session beers down the local beer shop I'm back home with a Lee Morgan album and this chap. A mere 11.5% and fittingly as expensive as most cheaper corner shop wines.

• edited November 2018
    My new favorite brew is Victory brand Golden Monkey, a Belgian style tripel, 9.5% but still rather tasty, and the Mrs. likes it too.  Nice body, not as bitter as the high % IPAs.