Want some old vinyl?

edited May 2011 in General
My ex-Brother-in-Law's shit record collection

Not interested in the vinyl? Then just visit for the entertainment value. :)

Comments

• The Sugerhill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" single? Sweetness.

I'm so bidding.

Craig
  • Brilliant. If only it was a collection I would actually like to own.
  • Funniest eBay listing I've seen in a long time! Thanks for sharing.
  • It has actually run up quite a gaudy price...most likely from record dealers who think they can turn a profit by divvying up the collection and selling off to other wankers, I mean buyers.
  • Too funny.
  • Ehh, it looks like the listing has been removed, probably because the description contained too many obscenities. I guess eBay never has had much of a sense of humor, has it?

As for the price tag (prior to de-listing), it's hard to say - I remember there were two Eddy Grant 12-inchers in there that might have been worth something to Eddy Grant fans, maybe. It's possible there were some other things in there too that would have been of value to people who are into that sort of thing, but who's really into that sort of thing these days? Hard to believe.
  • edited May 2011
    Dammit. Figures those eBay twats don't have a sense of humor. You know the questions you can ask an eBay seller? Some of them were almost as funny as the listing itself, the comebacks the seller replied. There were 6 pages of questions when I looked, and I read them all. Now I wish I'd saved some of it....I suppose it is all out there in the cloud somehwere. It was up to around $140 US, I think.
  • edited May 2011
    I've got an archive of the listing page when it was at 126 GBP (about $207). Unfortunately I didn't archive the Q&A. I agree, some of the seller's comebacks are great. I'm not surprised the auction got yanked with a listing of "My ex Brother-in-Law's shit record collection" and the other profanity in the description. I also don't think a more politically correct listing would have gained the same attention.

The name of the seller, billsmoker, seems familiar. Maybe I've seen www.rockabillyDJ.com before.

edit: The counter on my archived page is 88094 views.