Impending Forum Upgrade

edited March 2012 in General
I'm stuck in a hotel in Auckland, only crappy things are on TV, so I'm going to upgrade the forum. This will cause downtime, plugins to go away, and general havoc. It may even look different. However, the current software is so out of date it doesn't even know that it's out of date, so it's really overdue for this.

Sorry about the interruption, your regular programming will be resumed soon.

Comments

• OK, belay that. It was taking far too long, so I'll do it some afternoon rather than some evening. Restored from the backup so hopefully you won't even notice.
  • Sorry, but I don't have the funding to set up a staging server :)

At least I take backups before I mess with stuff though!
  • I'm just poking fun, all my personal project are done "live" so I can relate. Thanks for the hosting and the work that you put into this, seriously.
  • edited March 2012
    But our credits will roll over, right?

They are good for merchandise in the emusers store, like 'Southern Boy with Nothing to Say' t-shirts.
  • I'm saving mine for the 'Whirling Dervish' trucker hat.

Craig
  • Will you hold my monies for me in an account?
  • edited March 2012
    Yes GP, but only small change. That means 48 cents or less; if it is 49c or more you loose it at the end of 30 days. But the time of day you loose it varies. You look at the moon, and if you can see it you add three hours before it refreshes. But if you cannot see it your refresh comes two hours earlier than last month. Oh by the way, it depends upon whether or not the moon can be seen in NYC, so some months you might loose your money the day before you are expecting it to happen. Very simple really... So if you are in Norway you really will not have anyway of knowing if your money will go early, late or even on time.
  • There will also be a limited edition "Respect the Clock" t-shirt, but due to the way it came from the labe..err..manufacturer, all the "l"s were missed. You probably won't get credit back for this though, and everyone else will not be told about this issue.
  • It never fails to astound me just how much I don't know. Until this moment, I had no idea there was a silent L in "respect".
  • You don't know the song? "Ar ee ess pee ell ee cee tee..."? Shame!
  • Good thing they are most likely to turn out as "Respect the Oops"
  • I modify MiG live as well. Of course I have backups. This may change once I get around to keeping the site's files in a Mercurial repo.
  • They have run out of "Respect the Oops" as they have become very popular and in use so often. But don't worry some more have been ordered so there will be plenty of Oops available later today