Lana Del Rey and Axl Rose...Power Couple?

edited April 2012 in Diversions
We need a new thread category for "Awesomist Thing Ever."

Yes, Lana Del Rey and Axl Rose may be, possibly, who knows? dating: Link.

Move over John and Yoko, Kurt and Courtney, Sid and Nancy...Lana and Axl are about to rule the world together!

Craig

Comments

• edited April 2012
    image.jpg

I think that's the answer to at least one serious universal question. If only I knew what the question was.
  • We need a new thread category for "Awesomist Thing Ever."

Yes, Lana Del Rey and Axl Rose may be

The new category should be "What Daddy bought me ...".
  • A friend says you can always make a certain remark and find it applicable, so I'll try it here:

So it's come to this.
  • Rule the world? Looking at that picture, I'm not sure Axl is even capable of chaperoning it.

Cripes, he might even beat out Mickey Rourke for the gold medal in the Least Graceful Aging category.
  • It does make you wonder what a duet by the two of them would be like!!
  • He looks better there than here (from October):

axl-rose-2011-608x500.png

Craig
  • edited April 2012
    The healing power of Lana Del Rey has already started to take effect. Soon he'll be looking 30 years younger, and she will move on to resurrecting Kurt Cobain. They will join forces to lead her new backing band.

Axl+Rose+AxlRose5.jpg4045995068_2b1e85eee1_z.jpg?zz=1
  • edited April 2012
    denver:

so_it_has_come_to_this.png
  • Wow, the arc he's traveling doesn't have much further to go from this...

Sweet+pie+of+mine%2521+Guns+N%2527+Roses+frontman+Axl+Rose+is+unrecognisable+after+piling+on+the+pounds++1.jpg

... to This...

Carl-ATHF.jpg
  • This made me laugh...

what-happened-to-axl-rose-24869-1318108801-13.jpg
  • Ha!

I need to go to the jungle.

Craig
  • - A good question:
    axl-rose-guns-n-roses-welcome-to-the-jungle-Favim.com-235052.gif
  • He actually looks a good bit less portly in the more recent photo. I guess getting a 25yo girlfriend will do that for an old dude, I mean, distinguished gentleman.
  • image.jpg

Look at this picture again. You all can make fun, but Axl need only say "I may be fat, ugly and totally irrelevant. But I'm still going home with her."
  • Axl could say that, tho the look on Lana's face says, "Maybe if I keep walking and don't look back, the old guy will just go away."
  • edited April 2012
    and his odd, but irrelevant choice to not be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. This is probably the only way to not be inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It seems like in a few decades or less, every musician will be in it.
  • My wife watches Dancing With the Stars, and sometimes to be with her I watch it for a while. (Really--that's all it is, I swear!) Gladys Knight keeps boasting of being in the R&RHoF. I really liked some of what she did way back when, but that's stretching the definition of R&R pretty far. I hear that next year Lawrence Welk and Ozzie Nelson will be inducted posthumously.
  • Appropriately, I think, the "Rock Hall" takes in R&B--otherwise, you'd be talking about a situation where The Who and The Stones get in but The Temptations and Stevie don't! Admittedly, without their one monster hit, Gladys and the Pips are just another 70s soul act on the outside looking in.

I'm old enough to have missed Axl/GnR pretty much completely...It's just a matter of a decade or two before pop acts of the Britney ilk are getting in because that's who people were listening to when they were kids.