You on facebook

edited October 2012 in General
If you want to share.

https://www.facebook.com/vkargatis

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I am Plong42 on most social networking sites. And a few anti-social sites.

Plong42
  • Me on Facebook

I keep saying I'm going to delete my account, but it still has its uses. Feel free to friend me.
  • edited October 2012
    Plong, your link gives me a 404.
    I'm here, though I generally visit somewhat infrequently. Emusers is just about my only consistent social media habit, actually.
  • edited October 2012
    That sounds a bit like me on Twitter GP. Given how rarely I visit Twitter, I think Facebook would be just the same. I agree my social media rarely extends beyond emusers.
  • I can't find myself on facebook. I have an account, I know this, because I couldn't have created pages for Bird is the Worm and Notes From The Holler, but I haven't been able to go into my "personal" account. And my screen looks different than those of my friends. For instance, I don't get a search option, and I'm pretty sure I can't Like other pages... just add them to my Favorites list. One of those things that I'll never prioritize high enough on my to-do list to solve, just because I don't really use facebook other than to drive traffic to my sites, but still... I've always been curious about what I did to screw that up.
  • edited October 2012
    That what I'd do Jonah! I once had a Flickr account, put photos up, but everything I try now doesn't work. As you say it is not a priority
  • Friend requests sent.

Craig
  • Requests sent and I am here.
  • edited October 2012
    Sorry, it takes me three times before I can post a link correctly (it is fixed now). Had an extra slash. No Axl Rose, though.

/I was wondering who "James Elwood" was....!
  • If you want to share.
    - I'd like to but I am not on FB.
    So far I have been reluctant to join. Maybe this could change things . . .
    - Thanks Kargatron.
  • bn, I'd rather you start on last.fm first if you're looking to expand your social outlets! Easier to browse listening activities there. :)
  • I agree with kargatron, BN! You listen to so many interesting things, it's impossible to keep up, but that would help.

kargatron - I'm impressed with amount of concert photos you put up on Facebook. How do you find the time with kids!?!

Craig
  • Craig, recent weeks have been a rare bonanza, and my wife did indeed grouse quite a bit. Was going to try to post to the show thread, but 3 weekends ago we saw Metric and Stars, then the next weekend I saw a night of an experimental music fest, then this past weekend 2 nights in a row in Baltimore, featuring two favorites (which my wife had to admit fell under my "must-see" list): Dismemberment Plan and Tim Berne (touring with Michael Formanek's quartet). A very satisfying run, but you can believe I don't have much concert-going juice left with my wife!
  • That sounds like a fantastic bonanza. Were Metric and Stars on the same bill? Either way seeing them at about the same time would be great. Metric is still on my 'haven't seen and must correct that' list.

I fully understand how concert-going juice can ebb and flow. My wife doesn't usually mind going to shows, but it's far from her thing.

Craig
  • @kargatron - Just saw the Dismemberment Plan pic on your FB page, very cool. I only recently realized that they had gotten back together again and were touring. I saw them many moons ago but I still remember it being an awesome show. They covered a young and thin Christina Aguilera in the middle of "OK Jokes Over".

How were Metric and Stars?
  • edited October 2012
    thom, see the live show thread for the summaries.
  • Btw, someone needs to prove their geek cred and remark on my totally awesome cover photo.
  • Is that the soundstage they filmed the lunar landing on?
  • Ha ha, going where no cloud has gone before...
  • Gp has it - took that myself, made my day when I saw that.
  • edited October 2012
    Amazing! I guess it's one of those "cloaking devices".
  • bn, I'd rather you start on last.fm first
    - Yeah, but that does not cure my curiosity about getting access to the respective FB pages . . .
  • edited October 2012
    As elwoodicious can probably tell you, I don't visit Facebook that often--maybe no more than 20 times a day. https://www.facebook.com/dale.nichols1 I have to warn you, though. If you're looking for a politically neutral zone on Facebook, my page is not it.
    last.fm, which I really do visit infrequently: http://www.last.fm/user/dgndenver