The Civil Wars

edited November 2012 in General
This was posted to Facebook this evening: "We sincerely apologize for the canceling of all of our tour dates. It is something we deeply regret. However, due to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition we are unable to continue as a touring entity at this time. We thank each and every one of you for your amazing love & support. Our sincere hope is to have new music for you in 2013. - Joy Williams & John Paul White."

I enjoyed their first album, Barton Hollow. Hope they can get it together.

Comments

• Yikes that's too bad.
  • I thought for a second that this was about the election. . .
    :-)
  • edited November 2012
    Interesting, I saw them on TV over here a few months ago, when they toured. They seemed so together, but obviously not now. The statement certainly leaves some questions, but how will they get together for recording?

Update - having just read about this on BBC News, I hadn't realised they were touring the UK. they played a gig on Tuesday in London, but have cancelled the remaining UK dates.
  • I thought for a second that this was about the election. . .

My first thought was a thread about the Bill Carrothers Civil War Diaries recordings.
  • I have hopes that it is problems with greedy management, "to internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition" could be a problem with the touring entourage. That is a hope, anyway.
  • Considering the band name, perhaps this was inevitable.
  • @Rudie - I had the same thought.
  • Their manager is married to one of the two!! That might explain things....