eMusic's Sorry we screwed up Booster packs arrive

edited August 2009 in General
Sometime today apparently. I just got 15 tracks. I would say just in time, except my account just refreshed Thursday night.

Comments

• Looks like mine showed up, too.
  • mine came in yesterday too. now i'm gonna run through them and close the door.

joey jo jo used to quip "emusic, come for the music - stay for the drama" - an odd truth. but it's dying and i'm no longer interested.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm finding it difficult to pull the plug, but it sure is different over there...all my rowdy friends have settled down...no one to run with...it sucks...bad... It started when they whacked Joey Jo Jo... Then the corporate whores and be-pimpled accountants took the best little record shop in the universe and Giuliani-ized it for fat American tourists, and I'm tired of having to wear my big black overcoat and hiding my face when I'm lookin' for a fix...surely there's a better place in town to score...
  • I will have trouble pulling the plug too. I can though see still being over there with a fairly modest plan. With my out of date 75 plan, I often lose track of what I've downloaded in any given month, which starts to defeat the point of having so many downloads to use.
  • I'm grandfathered until November. I don't know what I will do next. The boards used to be fun, now there is just a lot of bitching.

Maybe this was a good thing after all. I had neglected other entertainment areas in my life that are now getting more attention.
  • You could always stay in Stealth Mode- downloading in the middle of night and stealing away before the break of day. Believe it or not I was a member for like 3 years before I even realized there was a Message Board.
  • Maybe this was a good thing after all. I had neglected other entertainment areas in my life that are now getting more attention.

I have been using my Tivo service a LOT more. It's wonderful.
  • Yeah, that Tivo thing is great! Keep an eye on the Ovation channel, they've got a LOT of great concerts and documentaries on the arts and music. I just snagged Tom Wait's concert movie "Big Time" from there the other day - you can't hardly find the CD soundtrack of that, let alone the DVD or VHS. Actually, was it ever on DVD in the first place?!?

I've also been building quite the music video collection by recording "Later with Jools..." whenever it comes around. It's great to be able to just set a timer to record all of the episodes of a given show and then not have to worry about checking the guide all the time.
  • I've really been enjoying Ovation lately. A lot of good jazz stuff on there lately. I'm now on the lookout for "Big Time".
  • Jools Holland has a number of CDs out with his Big Band I believe it's called that are nice R&B type records, with a lot of great guests on them. I bought the first on a whim years ago and was very pleased with it, and the other 2 also.
  • edited August 2009
    Our cable service provider just dropped Ovation....like last week. We were highly annoyed! It is a great channel, but now it's gone. I even called them about it a few days ago, since it still showed up in the website's cable channel lineup.
    The guy said the contract didn't get renewed. Sound familiar?