It's Canada Day Up Canada Way - I need some help

2»

Comments

• The most awesome invitation ever!

a0341945895_2.jpg
    Make do and do without by Joe Vickers

a1274736661_2.jpg
    Merry Month of May by Zachary Lucky
  • If you like Alt. Country, try Doug Paisley. I picked up his latest album, Strong Feelings, a few months ago, and keep going back to it.
  • Well, just a quick thanks, before I head out to the garden to get things ready for tomorrow. I've haven't heard anything
    by those artists. I got the Joe Vickers from Bandcamp and I'm going to start with the Emusic choices for Lucky & Paisley.

Thanks.
  • Confused - I really enjoyed the pics. Great, great, great!
  • edited July 2020
    Wow. It's coming up to our 16th annual party. I've had a great rotation going while I've been doing stuff in the garden and I'm sure some will figure into this year's mix, but, it is the 40th Anniversary of Stony Plain Records and I'd like it to figure in for the biggest part. Although, I'm happy to consider any suggestions with a Canadian connection.

It'll include this track for sure. Here's me thinking of Stomping Tom.

• edited July 2020
    Well, It's Canada Day and I've got the blues. This would have been our 20th annual and final garden party but of course with the pandemic we had to cancel it. On the bright side, it's been raining like crazy since yesterday and just might have been the first party to get rained out in 20 years anyway. If there is a break in the rain we hope to take some photos and figure out how to do a virtual tour for our friends.
    HAPPY CANADA DAY!

• Still raining...

• edited July 2020
    Well the sun is out for a visit...

ps - Shortest visit ever and it's raining again...
  • edited July 2020
    Intersystems - Free Psychedelic Poster Inside

• ^^I've been looking but still haven't found that poster. Even though the weather's not been a great for a few days, it's been terrific for our mushroom patch. We've been testing a mushroom mulch since last year and it's loving this weather. This will be the second harvest this year for the pink variety. We have been purchasing Mycologs from a commercial fungi grower and this year we covered 3 more beds with their mulch. It's a combination of chopped hemp straw and spent wheat grains from a distillery. The hemp contains natural pesticides so helps to reduce the ants and the slugs don't seem to like it that much.
     We did 1 large bed with pink oyster mushrooms and 2 with king's. If you are interested you can read about the farm here - http://www.familyfungi.ca
    Another Canada moment...

• Well, just before our party winded down at 6pm the sun came out again and is shining brightly right now. Attendees on this our last year totalled 2 - us. Turns out 20 years of memories is too big to send to our friends, so it's off to the editing dept for some fine tuning.
    My last Canadian moment - my hometown.

• I'm still awaiting my official paper(s) that says I'm a Canadian citizen.
    It's been an ongoing ordeal to get this and I'm sure that the pandemic
    slowed things down. I was hoping to get something in the mail by our
    Independence Day - after nearly 18 months of effort - but it doesn't look good.
  • We'll look forward to you officially joining the ranks. We're a pretty happy bunch up here.