Cyber Monday at emu

2»

Comments

• Well no refresh for me today either, 2nd month in a row, lets see how long and how many e mails it takes to get it rolling again.
  • edited January 2016
    I seem to recall something on the other board that suggested that these apparent plan changes are just a matter of what things are being called rather than actual changes to the plans themselves. I could be wrong. But it is clear from my recent history that that text is automatically generated from somewhere - for a week or two it switched to saying my plan was every two months, then changed back. I think it's another part of the new owners trying to upgrade databases that have not been kept up to date technologically for many years.
  • Nereffid said:
    have you any specific info about changes to plans?

There's been some confusion about this on the other board.
    AFAIK, It is just a name change.

Our apologies for any confusion. There is no change to your membership plan. That messaging is a bug that our tech team will eventually be fixing. You can ignore that messaging. You will still be in the same membership plan you've been in. 
    -Jamie 
    eMusic Moderator
    Link

• W00t! The gravy train continues!
  • Since this seems to be the eMusic billing confusion thread, I thought I'd report I got an email today subject line "Please Update Your Billing Information" sender "MyMusicCloud".  The body text lets me know that my Unlimited plan expired, but my credit card could fix that.  It's only some small text at the end that lets me know this is from Triplay so that I could connect it to eMusic and not spam (but it kind of is spam).
  • edited January 2016
    This came in yesterday:

Hi
    Ib

I want to wish you the very best for the new year, thank you for making it a wonderful year, and give you a sneak peek into what we’ve got in store for 2016. 

For me, 2015 was all about creating new ways to access your cloud  - I wanted to make sure that you could hear amazing music on the go, kicking it on the couch -anywhere. I’m happy to say that my team worked hard to deliver on that, on your desktop with the Windows10 app; on your Smart TV from Samsung to LG, Panasonic and Toshiba; on your mobile with slick apps for iPhone, iPad and Android and even on your Smart Watch. 

For 2016, my focus is to provide you with even more value when you use MyMusicCloud. And this is why I’m thrilled to announce that we have acquired eMusic, the pioneering digital music store. With 25M tracks, eMusic has one of the most extensive catalogs of independent music in the world as well as over 25,000 audiobooks.

We’re making exciting plans to let you access and enjoy all of this in 2016! 

Again, I want to thank you for being a part of MyMusicCloud and wish you a Happy New Year!  

Happy Listening,

Tamir Koch
    CEO TriPlay

"We’re making exciting plans to let you access and enjoy all of this in 2016!"    

Hmmmmm ? ? ?

ETA: The link doesn't want to stay, so:

https://www.mymusiccloud.com/     

• Looks like they have rebranded.  I like the "My Music" part, but not the "Cloud" part.  I'm hoping they are adding features that I can ignore and will retain the ability to download (and redownload) music files at attractive prices.

Also, has anyone noticed through all these transitions over the past few years, site responsiveness has gone from OK to dog slow and stayed there?  At the time of the original slowdown there was talk of how they couldn't renegotiate their license for their existing backend framework and needed to transition to a new one in a hurry.

I know people have complained the site is totally unusable at times, but there's the normal state of unreasonably pokey to consider too.  I think long and hard before selecting an album so I can see the tracks in detail because I know it will be a fraction of a minute before the page updates.  It's feeling like the new owners are closing up on their first round of site changes, and the only piece I see as an improvement is the possibility that we can redownload.

Hang in there eMusic!  I'll slog through it all for a steady cadence of booster pack sales and this friendly backchannel chatter.
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks BN and Nereffid. It sounds that the good times will continue for us for a bit longer, until the new owners catch up that those of us on European grandfathered plans are getting an amazing deal
  • E Music locked me out last night, their billing department has problems with my card even through its been the same for years. Does anybody have a number for them, their web site is not showing and emails seem to be a waste of time
  • edited January 2016
    I find they respond on twitter if you direct message them a few times. On the other hand the last week or so have been as if the new bosses laid off all the customer support people. It has been a bit mystifying - reach out to the customers in a bunch of emails and one informative board post then say nothing until everyone is really mad seems an odd strategy for a new business you just acquired. Do tech companies not understand about human beings?
  • I have been locked out since the change (Dec 8), unable to login yet billed for December. When asked, the customer service twitter account says "still working on it, apologies," customer service emails stopped coming after missing a promised 12/23 date for restoring my service. 

Ah well...