You're being monitored.

13»

Comments

• blobfish_1565953c.jpg

This is a blobfish. I love the internets sometimes.
  • Thanks, amc2. No way should the kakapo have been on the shortlist - I think they're rather cute.
  • That's not the real Frogkopf, as far as I can tell . . .
  • edited July 2019

lol
    So, being chronically tardy to work, something always happens when I'm trying to get out the door.

My ice maker has been broken for at least 2 weeks. Really annoyed with maintenance at this apt complex, because busted ice machine has changed the pattern of my making drinksies.  I tried fixing the ice maker myself, carefully researching youtube videos from the vendor & other sources,  because the maintenance guys are creeps, strolling into my bedroom when the ticket clearly says kitchen issue.  I digress.

Today, a can of Sierra Mist launched itself off the top of my fridge, my lover must have left it here because I would never imbibe Sierra Mist, and Play Misty For Me decided to explode itself in the most remote corner of said fridge space. At first, I thought the fridge was exploding its water line.  But no. Misty casued untold stickiness that seriously offends my OCD, and I had to let it sit until my work shift was over.  Since I was already tardy.

It exploded upwards into my light weight ladder that sits next to the fridge and has untold numbers of little plastic cavities that need cleaning. Tried wiping them out. Finally, the sun is up and this night walker is going to haul that ladder outside and hose it down.

Thanks for reading. I don't know how I'll clean the cardboard backing of this cheap apt fridge. I wrangled it out of the fridge cavity space, and it's a horror show.

• edited July 2019
    Sounds like no fun at all, @Katrina :-(. It reminds me of an episode when we lived in a small basement apartment in Toronto and suddenly one day came home and were greeted by a smell as if everyone in their neighborhood and their pets had all died and decomposed in an open grave in our kitchen. We had everything out of the fridge and cupboards and could not figure out what was so pungent (really, it was gag-level). Finally we figured it out. A couple of weeks earlier I had brought home the shopping and balanced some things on top of the fridge/freezer while I sorted out what went where. I did not notice that a large bag of frozen peas slipped off the pile and fell down the back of the unit, where it gradually thawed, then rotted, then finally the bag burst and released all the accumulated fragrance at once...
  • For days during a Germany/Austria trip, while traveling by rail and staying in various hotels and B&Bs, I couldn’t figure out this lingering and ever-growing stench that seemed to follow me: in motion and in the rooms I was staying in. It turned out that a shoulder bag that I used for various electronic gadgets had an open side mesh pocket (the kind on the end of a bag to carry drinks) and near the beginning of the trip I had bought a banana - probably at the airport - of which I hadn’t finished because of some interruption, and had placed it in that open pocket and promptly forgot all about it.
  • edited July 2019
    Ha, I’ve done that too, with my work backpack and a forgotten banana in an inside pocket. I also have a paperweight that used to be a tangerine - forgot it in a seldom-used bag, and instead of rotting it desiccated. It is now like a rock-hard model of a reduced-size tangerine.
    See, people should write songs about these experiences, not just romance and stuff - we would all be able to relate.
  • Ha. You're all great.

@Germanprof: Imagine whirled peas
    Sorry, couldn't help myself, there's a t-shirt of mine somewhere with that on it.

Banana people are the worst, really. People at work throw them in their desk trash cans instead of the break room trash cans. I killed 3 fruit flies or gnats, whatever those little bugs are, tonight on my shift. Banana people. Sheesh. You can never tell if it's going to be one those bananas

I'm making a clementine rock while I post. It's going very well in the fridge: shrinking, shrinking, shrinking.

Other stuff, I put on the patio to decay, such as oyster shells.

Ice maker has been replaced, finally. I knew you were all on the edge of your seats about that detail.

Replaced by a finally non-creepy guy who didn't look into rooms he shouldn't be looking into. Had to lend him my tools, because apt complex I guess doesn't equip these guys. Cute young guy, probably around my son's age,  who's sweet on the gal who vacuums the entryways.  They'll be a delightful couple if he has the courage for her fierceness. I told him to go for it.

OMG, they've started replacing the rotting balcony above my patio. I've had little sleep due to the day walkers racket the past 3 days. Apparently it wasn't squirrels, but a raccoon living up there.