What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• Alexandre Yterce

2006                                  Guerres

• a l f a 0 0 _ 2 8 1 0 2 0 2 0
    H O L D I N G A H A N D W I T H A N O A K

Wednesday 28th of October 2020 aftern00n
    starting record at 5:55, listening across threshold of dusk
    and ending recording evening at 8:31 pM

Weather conditions: rain and hail, strong wind

Set up:
    Outdoors: various weather sensitive chimes (bells with dry leaves, bamboo with plastic wings, polystyrene foam-blocks, spring with resonator)

Interfaces: DPA mono microphone inside shed (with drum kit under dripping water), contact microphone (prototype designed by Dav Stalling) attached to broken branch still attached partly on oak tree (with string from John Grzinich making an attempt for windharp), ambient stereo mic Rode NT4 = all leading to inside studio

Inside: mixing desk Soundcraft EFX8, elekwatar (4-string fret-less electric guitar) with echoes&reverb, bubbling and pump devices with hydrophone Aquarian, plasmaphon and photo-flash with ultrasonic and electromagnetic detectors, mirror (amplified with contact mic designed by Sala) with objects etc.

Notes and thoughts emerging during session:
    a stream of (un)consciousness _

Thoughts (Infinity of variations) x/vs Emotion *
    (* emotion = more “precise” impact /
    how experience fits in ? ? ? )

4:54/55 pM press “record”:
    1. silence
    2. environment
    3. the core of environment : particle(s) **
    (** = every participant particle forms the environment, “I” - as a human – participating on equal level = omnibalance)
    -
    RADIOSLEEPOVER
    FUTURE = STOPTHESQUABBLES
    BE “FAIR' ' !
    /
    ... forgive the messenger, please !

NO
    SIDES!
    ONE
    SINGLE _ singular?
    MOMENT ... ...
    imagined fleetingly f r e e . ?

- - - disconnection

EVERY INFORMATION IS OBSOLETE ... In any form ?? ?
    Is information redundant by its very character ?
    What about the experience ???????

Stop talking –
    say unspeakable
    – in no words
    describable ...

a song:
    wordless _

holding dying tree
    a hand in branch
    branch in hand ...
    two entities _ in synchrony : . . .
    aaa! tree-huggers _ a fleeting judgements ...
    sounds of hope _
    there is still life in there !

water hailing - wailing frozen drops drumming on leaves and roofs ...

I do not mean “it” “that way” : though ...
    a meaning(s) floating behind each word (*) ...
    talking talking echoes
    of memories
    distorted by each-time re-play
    button pressed ...

(* thoughts, billions of little lights, flickercrackle-like sparkles)
    end of transmission / interception 8:31 pM
    emission _interpretation _ recordings:

now: soundctuary - rec. ambiance only via interface devices

_ afterthoughts:
    radio of next generations:
    those learning to live and play
    magical creatures of now: children of us ...
    our children
    world shaping ...
    hearsay.

• Couldn't resist this on the Sunnyside Sale, as why should I? Clifford Jordan and Don Pullen are two of my favorites

• edited November 2020

Not Here Leave a Message H#012
    'Not Here Leave a Message' is a long-form journey through the airwaves, aligned to his exquisite 'Junk Shop Radio' on TQN-aut (tqzine.bandcamp.com/album/junk-shop-radio). Nascent memories and half-remembered songs drift through the static, preserved and enjoyed before dissolving away. One for the time between waking and sleep.
  •  Dyffrynclettwr H#011
    released June 19, 2020
    Release number 1 of 2 unlinked albums from the endlessly talented and prolific Alan Morse Davies. 'Dyffrynclettwr' feels like a love-letter to nostalgia itself, grounding in Alan's Welsh heritage before journeying along an empyrean path.
    Outstanding !
  • Having just bought Audio #60 these chaps get the cover and lead feature. So far nice atmospheric organ lead neo-krautrock.

• Alexander Campkin & minimaLIST ENsemble

2016                     minimaLIST ENsemble: In C
    Emusic
  • I still enjoy the whole concept of sitting in a room. Hats off to those experimenters. 
    Alvin Lucier

1981             I Am Sitting In A Room                   2019               Orpheus Variations

2019                   Chamber Music
                      Charles CurtisAnthony Burr
  • Alva Noto                                                               ANBB  (Alva NotoBlixa Bargeld)

2000                     Prototypes                               2010               Ret Marut Handshake 
    re-issued 2019
  • djh said:
    Having just bought Audio #60 these chaps get the cover and lead feature. So far nice atmospheric organ lead neo-krautrock.

Yes! A fun band. What is Audio #60?
  • RAIsed Pleasure Dot CD Album Repress album cover\
    Joey Barron RAIsed pleasure dot

• rostasi said:
    djh said:
    Having just bought Audio #60 these chaps get the cover and lead feature. So far nice atmospheric organ lead neo-krautrock.

Yes! A fun band. What is Audio #60?

Mea Culpa, my typo,  Audion issue 60 by the Freeman Brothers of Ultima Thule in Leicester UK.
  • Mea Culpa, my typo,  Audion issue 60 by the Freeman Brothers of Ultima Thule in Leicester UK.

Ahhh, OK. Actually, I didn't know that they were still producing issues. I kinda didn't look beyond their Bandcamp stuff a few weeks ago. I did get the updated (perpetually!) "Crack in the Cosmic Egg" flash drive from them.

Between Grobschnitt(!), Stockhausen, Pade, Group 1850, Gauthier, and Electric Orange plus info about one of my two favorite places in Germany: München and their underground scene, it's an issue that I have to get!

• £5 gets you the digital issue in pdf and another format plus the music. The zip file looks a mess when you unpack it, files all over the place but that's the joy of fanzines. #59 was the first new issue I think.
  • Well, this one goes back to those days - eMusic Selects
    Altair Nouveau

2009                   Dark Energy
  • Alpinestars

2000                                            b.a.s.i.c.
  • Alveol

2011                 Dreaming In Underland               2013                 No Point In Holding On
  • Am.Light

2012                    Memories EP                             2013                     Slow Nights

2015                      Rooted
  • djh said:
    £5 gets you the digital issue in pdf and another format plus the music. The zip file looks a mess when you unpack it, files all over the place but that's the joy of fanzines. #59 was the first new issue I think.
    Yeah, I bought the complete stash of them - 15 issues with over 40 hours of audio.
    They decided to put .txt files of each page from the .pdf for some reason.
    They should’ve just kept it to a single .pdf along with the .mp3 tracks,
    but it’s a new area of working for these guys,
    so we’ll see how the future releases are handled.
    Again, thanks for pointing these out to me.
    There’s the temptation to make a mix, but I’m resisting.
  • ^^^ You are very welcome^^^ Some of the audio that came with the last issue was a tad ropy but we're talking rare live/rehearsal stuff so I guess we need to be thankful.
  • Alex Reece

1996                                   So Far
  • Amon Tobin

1997                         Bricolage                             1997                    Mission

2007                      Bloodstone                             2015                  Dark Jovian

2017 Electronic Music For The Sydney Opera House  2019     Fear In A Handful Of Dust
                - Amon Tobin Plays Buchla For The Sails

• Pure dynamite !
  • ^^ @Germanprof - Terrific album cover!
    André Boucourechliev

1968               New Sounds From Paris                   1970 Livre Pour Quatuor (Extraits) / Archipel II
    Betsy Jolas/Iannis Xenakis/André Boucourechliev           Boulez / BoucourechlievQuatuor Parrenin
    archive.org                                                              UbuWeb

1970                       Archipel 3                                1981 Ulysse / Fusain / Traits Suspendus/Gradiva
    André Boucourechliev/Les Percussions De Strasbourg      Pierre-Yves Artaud - Boucourechliev/Jolas/Méfano
                    / Georges Pludermacher
    UbuWeb                                                                   UbuWeb

2004                         Thrène
    "Thrène" composed 1973-74. 
    "Texte I" composed 1958. 
    "Texte II" composed 1959. 
    "Concerto pour piano" composed 1975. 

"Thrène" performed by the ORTF Choir. "Concerto pour piano" performed by the Orchestre National de France on 25th April 1977. Produced by INA-GRM & Les amis d'André Boucourechliev.
  • @confused I agree.
    NP, with thanks to @djh:
    (Not heavy metal, but maybe super).

• Come To Daddy !
This discussion has been closed.