The relative inconveniences and downsides of the Bandcamp experience

2»

Comments

• One more quibble after buying seven albums for this BCF on a NYP basis (which I DO very much appreciate)…I think I mentioned in the OP, but unfollowing after each purchase (Account settings allows control of email messages, but I see no way to reverse the default of following every artist you purchase something from), filing away the purchase emails (one Thank You! message and one from PayPal for each title), paying for each individually on PayPal (I hope updating my debit card will solve this), and still having to download each individually after initially clicking on the “Download All” link make anything more than a small purchase feel like an endless barrage of clicking, and an actually large purchase would be quite time-consuming.  Again, not enough to dissuade me from using the site, but still annoying.  

• Agreed @omnifoo on all the clicks. I now delete the emails and have largely stopped downloading in favor of streaming to avoid running out of HD space, but it's still busier than it could be. Didn't stop my from buying a boatload of stuff on Bandcamp Friday. One thing that does bug me is the online player, which requires keeping the page you started it on open for as long as you want to listen. On Spotify, for example, you can click around while something's playing without stopping the player.