Any bleeding-edge mac users?

edited August 2009 in General
I'm looking for one or two people to help test eMusic/J on 64-bit Macs, particularly with OSX 10.6. From what I've heard of the changes to it, eMusic/J as it is now won't work, so I'm going to have to make some changes. However, I have no access to a Mac myself. So, unless someone wants to buy me a new Macbook or something*, I'll need a couple of folks to help me out and tell me if it's working. Being vaguely technical-minded wouldn't go amiss, unless everything magically works from the get-go, I'll need debug logs and stuff.

Won't happen immediately, but perhaps some time in the next few weeks I'll get into it.

* This would, of course, be a great way of showing your appreciation ;)

Comments

• Yeah, I can help. 62 bit iMac and just put in Snow Leopard yesterday. Especially as the official DLM is utterly borked and I have wasted hours on it this week. Grrrrrrrrrr.
  • 62-bit iMac? I'd have a look around and see if you can find the missing shave-and-a-haircut somewhere :)

Cheers though, I'll get back to you when I get something to test.
  • I might be getting the upgrade soon as well. Been holding off getting Leopard, so it's about time I made the jump.
  • I've been using my wife's Mac lately. I'm pretty sure it has Leopard on it; it's only a year or so old. I don't know where to go to check whether it has the features you need. Despite my lame Mac tech skills, my willingness to help is offered, in any event.
  • @jonahpwll Leopard is the previous version. Its successor, Snow Leopard, came out a few days ago and made some fairly significant changes to things, especially Java-related.

@xtrev cheers, let me know if you do.
  • Well, thanks Eythian as I have found a workaround to these downloading problems I'm having with eMusic/j. I've had it installed before but since the DLM always worked just fine and was the default to be honest I just used that. When I click download nothing happens, but if I "save downloaded link as..." as .emx I can open it manually in eMusic/J. Yay, got some West African hip hop and 1960s boogaloo with my name on it!
  • Que rico, I thought, until I found the boogaloo is unavailable in the US. Que chingado.
  • @BigF-Bluez I thought the same and then stumbled on this one
    The Bad Boogaloo - Nu Yorican Sounds 1966-70
  • edited September 2009
    Ay, que bueno, elwoodicious, muchas gracias.
  • hijack/
    @BigF-Bluez, I'm also looking at this one as well, Black Rio Vol. 2 Brazil Soul Power 1968-1981.
    /hijack
  • @NankerP the OSX file association/opening stuff is somewhat black magic. I have no idea what it'll do if you have multiple downloaders installed, and apparently the emusic one will tend to leave bits behind that upset things further.