eMu Loyalty Bonus

edited September 2009 in General
Hmmm. Sometime this afternoon, 50 credits were added to my account. Wouldn't have noticed it until later but for Kez posting about it. She got a message when she logged on. No message for me; guess it was because I was already logged on with an album downloading. I check credits every time I download, so knew what they were this morning. Sure enough, 50 added credits between morning and now.

Comments

• Huh. I got 15, and it claims it is "in celebration of your 6 month anniversary."

I'm most confused though by the fact that where it usually says "Hello Craig!" on the frontpage it currently says "Hello true Craig!"

Is there a false Craig running around that I should be on the lookout for?

Craig
  • edited September 2009
    SWEEET!!!!!! With 3 accounts, that's 150 tracks I hadn't counted on, but am happy to have.

It seems like they have been learning a lesson on the value of rewarding longtime customers. It's too bad they didn't figure it out before driving away a lot of their biggest longtime supporters.
  • Goody, I'm glad that my quitting eMu has helped you all!
    When I canceled, I was offered a free 12np ($6.49) month....I might have hestiated at another free 50.
    I hope you are all rating your 10 albums to get more free tracks!
  • Yeah, I got 50 too, and it also said "hello true Mark". And the daily download is unavailable... That emusic place is funny.
  • You all are crack heads

get some help
  • 50 credits today too. Always rely on forums to make me even lazier.
  • Insert teabagging jokes here
  • Wow, I got 50 and I'd canceled my annual already. Neat.
  • I can't disagree that it was pleasant to see the number of remaining downloads had increased, but it doesn't do anything to allay my concerns about what is happening to eMusic. Giving away all those free downloads to entice people to resubscribe, to stay on. Some are even getting lots of freebies plus rollover credits if they will come back. And apparently none of those extra downloads will benefit the artists.
  • Certainly a pleasant surprise. Thought I'd have to wait 'til my refresh next week to grab Vekta... Venta... Ver... the new(ish) Grizzly Bear (and maybe that xx album y'all keep raving about).

It's possible that eMusic has realized what a P.R. disaster they created and that it actually had a negative effect on their customer base. Of course, it's also entirely possible that this is a last gasp desperation move because all of the changes have hastened their demise. But I'm tired of speculatin' so I'll just enjoy some more free music!

@froggy - did you really get 50 for each account?
  • Yeah, only "true frogkopf " should have gotten them!
  • Yup. I have been a loyal member since 2002, 2004, and 2005 respectively.

They loyally charged my credit card three times a month, so I will loyally accept the bonus credits.

Note to mod: can we bump up the default amount of time we're idle before being automatically bumped out. Half the time I'm here end up getting bumped between starting a reply to a post and trying to post it (usually because of interruptions in the interim where I have to leave my computer for an hour), in which case I lose what I've written.
  • Hey froggy, I'd love to increase that time out thing, but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing it.
    I've recently discovered it varies a lot in different browsers though.
    Using Camino I only stay logged in for about 10 minutes, but in Safari it seems to stay logged in until I quit the browser.
    Might be better when we eventually get round to the updates (Wednesday!).
  • Wow, I just logged in to eMusic and got the following message:

You Rock!
    Thank you for being a valued eMusic member. As a little token of our appreciation, we've decided to say "fuck Sony" and go back to the old prices. Oh, and we're renaming the site EverybodyLoves68stationwagon!
  • Nereffid, you should get a few free downloads for that one.
  • nereffid, sounds like you got emusic's bone us credits.
  • "what did you get with your loyalty pack?"

I don't know but the Dr. says it will clear up with penicillin.
  • ha ha ha.

everyone gets offers to come back, loyalty bouquets, etc. and all i get is the stinking site named after me.

srsly. they have me on the "n00ked" list.
  • quick question - when you re-upped, did you go to the plan they listed i.e. "basic" at 24 - or did they notch you in at the level you would have been at (i would have been at basic - 30).

thx
  • quick question - when you re-upped, did you go to the plan they listed i.e. "basic" at 24 - or did they notch you in at the level you would have been at (i would have been at basic - 30).

They put me at the basic plan (25 for 12, or something like that). Originally, I was on the 15 gets you 50 plan, before the changes that is. I'm actually going to soon ask if I can be at a higher plan as part of my re-join agreement.
  • Well it seems like another 50 loyalty bonus was given over there - still no disloyalty bonus for me. Sigh.
  • I haven't received the extra 50 over there yet. I don't know if it will be across the board...
  • I apparently wasn't loyal enough since the last one.

Craig
  • Craig, that will teach you to slut around on the great eMu...
  • If I buy eMu a diamond tennis bracelet will all be forgiven?

Probably not based on the fact that I currently have 5 albums downloading from lala and an album from Amie will soon follow.

I'm such a slut.

Craig
  • If I buy eMu a diamond tennis bracelet will all be forgiven?

I'm sure the answer is, "Yessssss."
  • my 75 re-up expired.

i should be able to get it if i chose to re-up...waiting to watch amie a bit longer...still short on the japanese noise stuff.

• edited October 2009
    I've never understood why emu thought it necessary to bribe US members with 'loyalty' bonuses, while at the same time thinking that no one else in the rest of the WORLD WIDE WEB wouldn't appreciate a little top up. We get the same deal at emu, more or less, many of us have paid far more than US subscribers for similar download totals for years, but I still thought emu was a good deal, as did the people I pointed in their direction(something I stopped doing when the new bean counting office dwellers at emu moved in).

I think it's that type of small world attitude shown by the accountants that run emu now that finally pushed me into the cancel account camp when my downloads were used up with my deal due to expire later this month, previously I was in the account hold section(putting off the big decision, I know!).

I hit the cancel buttons yesterday, I still have a while to cool down and reverse that move should I want to, I didn't really expect much in the way of attempts to keep me there, I have openly dissed the changes there and repeatedly asked for a better service and have shown them hundreds of badly miscategorised albums, many of which are still wrongly tagged.

So when I immeadiately get a 'super offer' of a £4.99, valid for 30 days, download offer of 12 downloads per month, I knew I'd done the right thing by leaving. Nothing like a kick in the teeth and other parts, I'd been on a grandfathered(for life was the promise) of 90 downloads pm for £143.90 pa, no loyalty/disloyalty bonus follow up is going to make that sweeter!

But, the thousands of tracks that I've acquired from emu are mostly well appreciated, just a few duff ones, and will be backed up for many years of future listening enjoyment.