Amie St. Downloader

edited October 2009 in General
While I was buying the new Ben Allison album, an Amie pop-up asked me if I wanted to install their new downloader. Anybody currently using it, and do you recommend making the switch. I'm always hesitant to "upgrade" when I've got a version that works fine for me; I'm still on an old emusic downloader version.

Comments

• They asked me to try it during the beta period, but I told them that they already have my preferred download method - purchase then download albums in a zip file when you have time. The only d/ler that I've found is useful for anything more than album-only discounts is Lala's.

I know that's not helpful, but I just wanted to hear myself talk :P
  • I as well as Thom prefer the zip file so I haven't made a switch, and am also still using an old eMusic downloader.

I don't like change!

Craig
  • Zip files work for me. I buy stuff throughout the week and then download it once a week and then batch unzip - you can't get much simpler than that.

Most of these proprietary downloaders are not much more than extra clutter on your hard drive.
  • Thank you, all. And I didn't know about the difference between old and new dl modes. I very much prefer the zip method, too.