Daily Download

edited October 2009 in General
Did they get rid of the Daily Download over yonder? I've been getting an error on the page for the past few days.

Comments

• It did not work yesterday, 25 Oct 2009, but it has worked every day this month otherwise.
  • There's something I'm not getting. Shouldn't I be able to find the daily download for "Do Make Say Think" by going onto the emusic site? Admittedly, I've never really been interested in much of anything that's in the emusic free section, so this is all new stuff to me. However, I just discovered DMST's previous albums (which I enjoy) and when I saw the free download on the Muser site, decided to make it the first freebie I'd take advantage of. But it's not showing as free on emu. I must be wandering through the wrong part of the building.
  • As far as I know there are'nt any links at the site. There was one at the crappy toolbar I once had.
    http://www.emusic.com/dailydownloads/toolbar/main.html
  • edited October 2009
    Actually, if you come here via emusers.org, the Daily Download widget is looking you right in the eye. I rarely look at the Daily Download -- don't know why. There were times I downloaded every one, but there were so many I really didn't like -- so I decided not to waste the download time. Now that I have downgraded from 90 to 24 every 30 days, maybe I will start checking them out again.
  • They fixed whatever was wrong, but I was getting the Oops page for 2 or 3 days.

@jonapwll - The daily downloads aren't typically marked as free on the actual album pages. You have to follow the widget or the link Brighternow posted to get it.
  • In the past when this happened for an entire day, it sometimes meant that whatever the free mp3 was, was unavailable in your particular country.

I have the tool bar link book marked. I'd rather go through eMu's download program, so that if I get the whole album later, I will hopefully not have to rebuy the individual track.
  • 51GyxaORp5L._SS500_.jpg

Today's eMu daily download is Yasmin Levy, a lovely blending of Middle Eastern and Ladino (Spanish, Sephardic Jewish Music). I enjoyed the sample enough to buy the album.

Here is another free track from Levy, Mano Suave, from a free compilation of World Music.