The Amie Street denizens are freaking me out.....

edited October 2009 in General
There is a creepy contingent that regularly pops up while previewing tracks at Amie Street:

Exhibit A - is this a man or a monkey? Real or plastic. Whatever it is, it freaks the shit out of me like that puppet in that old Anthony Hopkins movie Magic

Exhibit B - this guy looks like the type that would kidnap you and hold you in a dark, dank cellar, sodomizing you daily to the sound of very loud industrial metal.

Exhibit C - am I supposed to sit on this guy so he can make the loud bleating sound or make fun of this sexually-non-experienced-basement-dwelling ass?

Comments

• Didn't that third guy win project runaway the first time?
  • Exhibit B is the one that always creeps me out.

frogkopf, you should act as emissary to these interesting folks and invite them to join us on emusers.org. Then we can learn more about them and perhaps answer your above questions.

Craig
  • Exhibit B actually posted once a few months ago on the other place that shall not be named. Felt kind of freaky...
  • I'm not sure you have much room to judge. You do realize that your avatar is a frog on a cross, right? Some would call that creepy (among other things).
  • GAH! Warn somebody before linking that!

Craig
  • Popa Chubby is my daddy. Obviously.

Craig
  • edited October 2009
    Exibit B's eMu profile. He's got a list that I'm monitoring:
    Experimental soundscapes
    - He's also a musician and are making music as Brutum Fulmen
    - A guy with an interesting taste in music, but yes, it's a scary picture
  • edited October 2009
    Well I did look for a naked fat guy on a cross for my avatar, but could only find a skinny guy with a beard, and he looked too sad to use.
    (although i could go with this one)

I agree about the Noisician's taste in music. I've picked up several things that I've seen in his collection, mainly the albums with 4 longish tracks for a quarter each. One of these day's I'm going to investigate some of the labels he's fanned. I'm sure there's a plethora of undiscovered wonders there. But the picture still freaks me out.
  • edited October 2009
    Anyone find this one a bit pretentious?

He's got his head tilted the wrong way.
  • apparently he's an emuser - he's taken the picture down.
  • It's showing up for me - it takes a little extra time to load though.
  • that is pretentious then - he must only show up for people with enough street cred.
  • He showed up for me yesterday, but is not today.

I apparently let him down in some way.

Craig
  • Are you using IE? Because he shows up for me in Firefox, Opera and Safari, but not in IE - regardless of whether I'm logged in or not.
  • Yes, IE. Those other things are too pretentious for me.
  • Firefox for me. I'm pretentious.

Craig
  • i should say: too pretentious = smacks of effort.
  • Now it's been changed to a pseudo Simpson character - something only the lower classes would think of doing.

It's too bad, as it was actually kind of clever in its own way.

Hope you're not offended Evan, and please don't mess up my Verizon account.
  • Only us upper classes use character's from Futurama.

Craig
  • Does anybody here actually read some of these recs? I just began reading them over the last few days, and there's a couple Steeters who make some cleverly funny comments.
  • Frogkopf made a really funny one:
    “Kind of Freaky in a Hitchcockian sort of war - it's spikey and me likey.”
  • Dang! I hate when I make a typo and don't catch it in time to fix it....