Missing Guvera Tracks

edited September 2010 in General
Pink Floyd - The Wall
- "Another Brick in the Wall Part 3" through "In The Flesh" (10 tracks total)

Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates of Dawn
- "Bike (Mono)" (available from a different remaster of TPATGOD than the rest of the tracks)

The Magnetic Fields - Get Lost (The tracks on this album are all incorrectly numbered)
- "Famous"
- "The Dreaming Moon"

The Magnetic Fields - Holiday
- "Take Ecstasy with Me"

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call (This album isn't even on Amazon MP3)
- "Lime Tree Arbour"
- "People Ain't No Good"
- "Green Eyes"

Comments

• Can - Ege Bamyasi
    Vitamin C

Unfortunately.

Craig
  • Air - Love 2
    - "Do the Joy"
  • Bud Powell - The Amazing - "Over the Rainbow" - a pain because there was a lot of "over the rainbow" to dig through.
  • Beausoleil, Gitane Cajun about half the tracks are present
    Bobby Hutcherson, Oblique is missing one track (a Herbie Hancock composition)
    Hot Rize, Untold Stories is missing three tracks
  • BT, good catch on "Theme from 'Blow-Up'" from Oblique. Here it is, listed under a Herbie comp: https://www.guvera.com/channel-selection?mid=EMIUSBN20500033

There have been just 2 Blue Note tracks I've been unable to find: 'Afflatus' and 'Helix' on Sam Rivers' "Dimensions and Extensions." With a title like 'Afflatus,' if it were there, you'd be able to find it!
  • @Doofy, thank you! I can continue with my master plan! Can you do the same with Goin' Down South From San Francisco, a Joe Sample comp?
  • No luck, BT. This song is actually on one of the infinite number of Blue Note anthologies ("Blue Break Beats")...which is incomplete on Guvera.

That's an album I like a lot. In fact I've bought it twice on Amazon, once on mp3 and once on disc as a gift.
  • I can't seem to find:

8 tracks from Magnetic Fields' 69 Love Songs.

Or any of the tracks from Built to Spill's Ancient Melodies of the Future except "Trimmed and Burning." It's strange that they have one but no others.
  • Daytripper: Actually, Built to Spill is on Warner, so it's surprising that any of their tracks are on Guvera.

About some missing tracks...

The title track from The Good, The Bad and the Queen's self-titled album (another Damon Albarn side project) is missing.

I couldn't find "Remember" from Hank Mobley's Soul Station (RVG Edition). I found a version by him from another disc, but I'm not sure it's the right one.

Thom: "People Ain't No Good" is available on Guvera via the Shrek 2 comp:

https://www.guvera.com/channel-selection?mid=UMG-00602498623831-USUG10400143

The artist is listed as Various Artists, but trust me, it's Nick Cave. I have the comp on CD.
  • Kenny Dorham - Afrocuban is missing:

Basheer's Dream
    K.D.s Cab Ride

Kenny Dorham - Una Mas is missing:

Sao Paolo

So far, I've been luck in the sense that the missing tracks have all been buyable a la carte at Amazon.
  • Guvera had no Buck Owen, one of Capitol's biggest stars, father of the Country style Capitol helped cultivate.

?
  • edited September 2010
    Kenny Dorham - Uno Mas "Sao Paulo"
    Kenny Dorham - Afro-Cuban "Basheer's Dream" "La Villa" "K.D.'s Cab Ride"

Edit: just now noticed froggie's post. D'oh!
  • Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure
    "Grey Lagoons"

Craig
  • Very Best of the Ventures - "Classical Gas" (but the other 49 tracks are there, so YMMV on if that's a deal breaker or not.)
  • Guvera has several late period Talking Heads available thru the promo, but they're a mess. "True Stories" has all but one track. "Little Creatures" is missing several, and "Naked" and Stop Making Sense" are missing more.
  • John Coltrane - The Ultimate Blue Train
    - "Lazy Bird" only the alternate take is available
  • Regarding the missing tracks to Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds' The Boatman's Call:

The album is available on 7digital in the UK and Rhapsody in the US.
  • edited October 2010
    For those of you in the US that have a 7-Eleven nearby, purchase Slurpee's on occasion and have ever bothered to register with their site to redeem your Slurpee cup codes for points I found that you can redeem 1 point for a 1 song download from http://www.livenation.com/slurpee (which apparently is just another front-end for puretracks). I just redeemed two points to get the two missing tracks from The Chemical Brothers - Brotherhood (Electronic Battle Weapon #4 and Electronic Battle Weapon #6). One of the tracks was priced at $1.99 and the other at $0.099. Other than slow download speeds there were no issues. They don't have all the albums that Guvera has/had (for example I didn't find "Ege Bamyasi" by Can) but they do have a few (Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure, David Bowie - Live in Santa Monica '72, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call, etc...).
  • Bumping this in case anyone wants to check.

I believe that all of Boatman's Call is there.
  • "Theme From Blow Up" is probably my favorite track on Hutcherson's "Oblique." Essential music.