Well that may be the end of eMu for me.

Comments

• I didn't quit in time. I was too indecisive. There were several ECMs I wanted, and I wanted to check out some of the Verve, too. I feel kind of bad that I'm not sticking to my guns and only downloading recordings that have been released today (or within the last couple of years). In fact, it makes me a little sick to my stomach and angry at myself. On the other hand, I'm listening to Eberhard Weber's "Endless Days" right now, and it is just about the prettiest album I've ever heard. It was like he made a soundtrack to go with this glorious autumn day gusting spring-like weather and colored leaves all across the fields behind my home. I'm not sure if I put that album on my ECM thread; I'll go check.

The Wire will have to wait a month.
  • Well, I bought one last album tonight (Guitar Romantic by the Exploding Hearts, never heard of 'em but the reviews made it sound like something up my alley). That brought my balance down to $0.11, so I gave my notice to quit. That triggered an auto-response offering me next month free. I accepted. I'll quit next month.
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ great, great album.
  • eMu messboard poster says "Goodbyeeee!"

Does not say whether he is feeling swindleeeed.
  • Amazing! Wanderer wasted no time insulting this one.
  • I think he is Cathy in disguise!!
    If memory serves me the character did appear on the message boards around the time that Cathy began her "engagement" efforts. I'm ornery enough to stamp that account with a 89.724% confidence factor of sock puppetry.
    Cathy has a certain charisma that allows her to sway a number of subscribers at her will. Wanderer has none of that.
  • Cathy : Carrot :: Wanderer : Stick
  • cathy has a pix in her bio she owns up to; wandy does not...he's the salty guy with the beard.
  • I thought he looked like this:

250px-Dale_KOTH.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    I always thought this:

zapp.jpg

Craig
  • I thought he looked like this...

comicbookguy.gif
  • edited November 2010
    Speaking of Australia, isn't that where the British Empire settled its criminals, outcasts, and other uncouth dregs? I see that a bit of those genes still live on.
    I see that he still considers his insults to be perfectly acceptable, although he bitched and moaned for weeks about some perceived slight from some unknown user at some unspecified time. Why doesn't eMu just do everybody a favor and delete that message board already?
  • I see that he still considers his insults to be perfectly acceptable, although he bitched and moaned for weeks about some perceived slight from some unknown user at some unspecified time.
    I wish we could look forward to something other than escalating disgrace from Wanderer now that he's in a row with someone witty. Though it does illustrate why I don't think Wanderer is a plant of any sort: the hostility he arouses doesn't make the company look good.
  • edited November 2010
    I was thinking he was more like this:

Image206.jpg

But then again, maybe that's too much of a compliment.....
  • Maybe this?

really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg
  • He definitely evokes this:

80638313.jpg
  • Now, there's no need to bring out the naked morbid-obesity photos, folks. (Where do those things come from, anyway? You'd think people like that would demand not to be photographed at all, much less with no clothes on, in poses like that.)

Personally I don't think this "Wanderer" guy is an eMusic sock-puppet. If anything, he's a major-label sock-puppet. He might actually work for Universal or one of its subsidiaries, or have some sort of close relationship with someone who does. Though I doubt he's being paid specifically to do what he's doing on the eMusic boards.

There are always going to be people who will look at a terrible and tragic situation and say "this is not so bad, there are positive aspects to this, people are too negative." It could be a kind of online equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome, or a complete pathological unwillingness to admit that he's made a mistake (by subscribing). Some people are just like that - and in many cases there's just no reasoning with people like that.

It's fairly easy to point out their logical inconsistencies, though...
  • Welcome to the darkside, ScissorMan!

Craig
  • @ScissorMan - That's almost exactly what I said at one point. I could see him being a plant from a major label, but he's way too antagonistic to be paid by eMu. However, the likeliest scenario is the pathological one.
  • He shows up in force every time a new major label is added, then fades away. It's almost as if he works for some sort of organization or group where all the major labels team up together to strategize their monopoly. If only there was such an organization - I might think he worked for it.
  • edited December 2010
    - Maybe this:
    parkvader1.jpgparkvader2.jpg
  • I think the Wanderer is just a dude that thrives on anonymous conflict. It doesn't matter who his opponent is or what they really think, he's going to beat the board into submission without regard for facts, other people's opinions/feelings, or reality in general. Pathological is the right word here.
  • Eh. He's just a guy who likes to talk. The thing about price increases was basically two paragraphs about how sometimes prices go up on stuff.
  • To get back on topic, looks like I'm stuck until February. Misread the "Your Account" stuff. Guess I'll try to make the best of it.
  • Love this great group of people!
  • welcome aboard!
  • Watch out for Zap Brannigan. He's a 'music lover' too.
  • amclark2,

Thanks for putting the link out on eMusic to jog my memory.

BT -- please explain. Zap Brannigan reminds me of Guys and Dolls, but that's the only association I can make.....