What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• David Fenech

2007                        Polochon Battle
  • edited March 2021
    Motus, November 30, 2017
  • David Grisman

1976     The David Grisman Rounder Album        1979                     Hot Dawg

1983                                                 Dawg Jazz / Dawg Grass 
  • Well, Grisman and friends made for a great soundtrack for the owl movie. I turn the volume up full 
    on the owls and adjust the volume down on the iTunes. Works great as long as I remember to turn 
    down the volume on the YouTube before listening to anything else. 
    Dave Hole

1992                    The Plumber                            1993                 Working Overtime

2003                   The Live One                             2007                  Rough Diamond

• Add your own owls you night birds!

• djhdjh
    edited March 2021
    And going back in time.

+

I love that these off-air tracks are still available in reasonable fidelity. I only know it's mid 40,s and at least touches on the war years. [EDIT There is a mention pf the death of FDR in the second part so presumably April '45.]

• "Marks" by Alquin. 

Dutch 1970s Prog at its best..

• edited March 2021

djh said:

I love that these off-air tracks are still available in reasonable fidelity. I only know it's mid 40,s and at least touches on the war years. [EDIT There is a mention pf the death of FDR in the second part so presumably April '45.]

Tracks 1-16 on disc 1 are from the first Treasury show broadcast on April 7, 1945 (a month before Germany surrendered). Tracks 1-8 on disc 2 are from the second broadcast, April 14, 1945, just two days after FDR's death. The rest of the tracks on disc 1 are from a Treasury Star Parade show from May 1943 and disc two is filled out with another Treasury Star Parade from June 1943. The Parade shows are not strictly speaking from the same series as the Treasury Shows, but were aired to sell war bonds as well. Duke continued to do these shows Saturday afternoons until October 5, 1946, some 44 shows in all. Storyville has 25 volumes (a number have two shows) covering all these shows, but only 1-3 have been available at Bandcamp (I think this one, Vol. 1 isn't there any more). And I agree that they are remarkable, both in the audio quality and the musical quality.
  • yarjazz said:

djh said:

Tracks 1-16 on disc 1 are from the first Treasury show broadcast on April 7, 1945 (a month before Germany surrendered). Tracks 1-8 on disc 2 are from the second broadcast, April 14, 1945, just two days after FDR's death. The rest of the tracks on disc 1 are from a Treasury Star Parade show from May 1943 and disc two is filled out with another Treasury Star Parade from June 1943. The Parade shows are not strictly speaking from the same series as the Treasury Shows, but were aired to sell war bonds as well. Duke continued to do these shows Saturday afternoons until October 5, 1946, some 44 shows in all. Storyville has 25 volumes (a number have two shows) covering all these shows, but only 1-3 have been available at Bandcamp (I think this one, Vol. 1 isn't there any more). And I agree that they are remarkable, both in the audio quality and the musical quality.

Vol 1 was there for me on Friday. Just the four volumes. I was commenting before I'd heard everything and the tone of the FDR show was of course very different to what came before and after.
  • Damien Jurado

1998                  Gathered In Song                       1999            Rehearsals For Departure

2001   Damien Jurado And Gathered In Song        2003           Where Shall You Take Me?
                             - I Break Chairs

• djh said:

Vol 1 was there for me on Friday. Just the four volumes. I was commenting before I'd heard everything and the tone of the FDR show was of course very different to what came before and after.
    Interesting glitch in Bandcamp's search. Searching for "Treasury Shows" gets only Vol. 2 and Vol. 3; searching for "The Treasury Shows" gets only Vols. 1 & 4.
  • Damien Jurado

2005               On My Way To Absence                 2006     And Now That I'm In Your Shadow

2020              What's New, Tomboy?
  • edited March 2021

• David Lee Myers
    David Lee Myers is producer/artist at Pulsewidth recordings. Since 1980 the sounds of feedback and electronic noise have been at the core of Pulsewidth. Thirty-plus albums have ranged from soothing ambient to grating cacophony and have been released by Recommended, Starkland, Silent, RRRecords, Generator, Cronica, Staalplaat, Line, Pogus, Korm Plastics, Monochrome Vision, and other labels

• Starting in on my Bandcamp Friday purchases, above.
  • edited March 2021
    Well, that Ubu thread has been a real treat for me, thanks again.
    David Behrman

Wave Train (Music From 1959 To 1968)        1978              On The Other Ocean
           UbuWeb
  • yarjazz said:
    djh said:

Interesting glitch in Bandcamp's search. Searching for "Treasury Shows" gets only Vol. 2 and Vol. 3; searching for "The Treasury Shows" gets only Vols. 1 & 4.

I was going through a general Storyville search of everything(?) they have on Bandcamp.
  • Datashock

2011             Pyramiden Von Gießen                    2014                 Keine Oase In Sicht

2016                  HD TRAILER
    Bandcamp

• Intermission' is the first album ever released by Unsound, comprised of 15 commissioned tracks responding to the pandemic year through sound and music. Meditative, often powerful, affected by periods of anxiety and optimism, this multi-layered album is intended to be more than a compilation.

Featuring work by artists connected to Unsound Festival over the years, 'Intermission' includes music and field recordings by some of today’s most exciting electronic and experimental musicians, with a focus on both well known and emerging names. . . .

• David Coulter

2000                    INterVENTION                           2002         Palestine / Coulter / Mathoul
                                                                                                                - Maximin
  • The Bevis Frond - London Stone
  • Deadline Paranoia

2018                           1 / 3                                  2018                          2 / 3

2021                         3 / 3
    EmusicBandcamp
  • I was remiss in not acquiring and listening to this MOPDtK live album before - the arrival of FLAC versions of some of their albums at Bandcamp revived my interest in Moppa Elliot's curious body of work. I think I like this live album more than their studio work.

This discussion has been closed.