What are you listening to (B)right(er)now? (22 Weight Lifting Lulus)

Comments

• edited June 2022
    Beautiful harp music from French Celtic harpist, Alain Stivell - "Renaissance of the Celtic Harp"

AMG says "People who hear this record are never the same again. Renaissance of the Celtic Harp, one of the most beautiful and haunting records ever made, introduced the Celtic harp to many thousands of listeners around the world. To call this music gorgeous and ravishing would be the height of understatement; indeed, there are barely words in the English language to describe it adequately."

ALAN STIVELL Renaissance De La Harpe Celtique reviews
  • Yup, that’s a wonderful recording.
    I’ve never owned the original French 1972 recording,
    but the British pressing one year later was a favorite.
    Thanks for the reminder!

• Thanks for the reminder Confused, I haven't played this in a very long time
  • edited June 2022
    Above Cirrus
    Quite good new release from a band new to me. Somewhat proggy, a little metally at times, electronic here and there. Enjoying it so far.
    Made it home last night after a journey punctuated by a canceled-quite-literally-at-the-last-minute train on the way to the airport, a late departure from Amsterdam leading to a pressured dash to just barely make my connection in Chicago, which then sat for a while before they went back to the gate and abandoned the plane.  Oh the joys of travel.

• Preston School of Industry - "Monsoon"
    Solo project of a Pavement alum.

• edited June 2022
    Paul McCartney

Sir Paul is 80 today. In today's Guardian they list, in their view, his top songs. Maybe I'm Amazed, from this album, comes out top. Whist I was expecting that track to be high I thought the highest track would be Band on the Run, second, or Jet, seventh. But the fun of such lists is that you never agree!
  • Some nice retro-ish synthy stuff.
  • edited June 2022
    Great that Kate Bush is being appreciated by a whole new generation following the use of her song "Running up the Hill (A Deal with God)" off the album "Hounds of Love" on the TV program "Stranger Things". Now no. 1 on the charts in Australia and the UK, amongst others.

Kate Bush  Hounds of Love  Post-Punkcom

• edited June 2022
    A fabulous 13 album set lasting over 16 hours of all the best music from the Chess label.

"The Chess Story 1947 - 1975".

The Chess Story 1947-1975 compilation album by Various Artists  Best  Ever Albums

• "Le Grand Voyage" 2019 album by French band Klone.

No. 15 album for 2019 on ProgArchives.

Le Grand Voyage  Klone  Kscope
  • Great that Kate Bush is being appreciated by a whole new generation following the use of her song "Running up the Hill (A Deal with God)" off the album "Hounds of Love" on the TV program "Stranger Things". Now no. 1 on the charts in Australia and the UK, amongst others.

First time I've got the Number 1 single in a long time!! I'll have to sort the CD out from decades ago and add it to iTunes.

• Toàn - "Volta No Vento"
    On the wonderful IIKKI label.
    All the tranquility one could want.

• "Le Grand Voyage" 2019 album by French band Klone.

No. 15 album for 2019 on ProgArchives.

Le Grand Voyage  Klone  Kscope
    I liked this video from that album (it was what got me into the album): 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL9KeXozxW4
  • "Life in a Bubble Can Be Beautiful", 1999 post rock album by Red Stars Theory

Life in a Bubble Can Be Beautiful - Album by Red Stars Theory  Spotify
  • rostasi said:

Oh interesting, I've just recently started dabbling with https://supercollider.github.io/ which lets you make this sort of stuff. But still getting my way through tutorials.

A band I quite like from some years ago just decided to re-release a 2005 EP with some extra bits and new stuff:
    https://themercycage.bandcamp.com/album/hymn-01-virtual-expanded?from=fannewrel

• edited June 2022
    "Sketches Of Brazil - Music Of Villa-Lobos" by Charlie Byrd

Villa-Lobos Charlie Byrd - Charlie Byrd - Sketches Of Brazil Music Of  Villa-Lobos - Music
  • "Bassoon Brasiliero" by Frank Morelli. Music of Heitor Villa-Lobos and Francisco Mignone

Bassoon Brasileiro by Frank Morelli on Apple Music
  • Nice album in the UK spiritual jazz vein. Only a couple years old, but I keep re-discovering it

• Back from an amazing rail tour around Scotland, did not appreciate how beautiful it is. Great skies and light until late, good break from all the mayhem around. This was one that escaped me a couple of years ago and very much looking forward to her new one.
  • "Falling Forever", an excellent 2021 heavy, sludge rock album by Brisbane (Australia) group, CHASSM

Falling Forever  Chassm
  • Lowlife said:

Back from an amazing rail tour around Scotland, did not appreciate how beautiful it is. Great skies and light until late, good break from all the mayhem around. This was one that escaped me a couple of years ago and very much looking forward to her new one.

Glad you enjoyed your rail trip around Scotland. Hope the strikes didn't affect you. No rail on Orkney of course but I'm getting quite mystical about clear skies and lovely cloud patterns! Makes a change from South London for sure.

N.P.
    Organ Of Corti is the new collaboration of Swedish masters Dan Johansson (Sewer Election), Mattias Gustafsson (Altar of Flies), and Joachim Nordwall (iDEAL, The Skull Defekts). Each artist's individual brilliance shines forth in Organ Of Corti, but this is much more than the sum of its parts. "Auris" takes the familiar murkiness of Johansson and Gustafsson, injects a healthy dose of Nordwall's crisp electronics, and assembles everything into a series of spacious, brilliantly executed tracks. Loops, ambient sounds, electronic drones, noisier flourishes… there is plenty to explore in each track, but “Auris” never feels rushed or busy. Each sound is expertly placed for maximum impact. A phenomenal debut CD from three of Sweden’s finest.

Came out last month been chasing down recent happenings around Gottenberg and found this in another related rabbit hole. On BC.

• Instrumental retro prog. Keeping the Swedish theme going. I think I like their most recent release better, but this is enjoyable enough.
  • edited June 2022
    Back from an amazing rail tour around Scotland, did not appreciate how beautiful it is. Great skies and light until late, good break from all the mayhem around

We had a great two week holiday there last June, following on from a holiday on the West Coast, including some of the islands two years previous. We hadn't intended to go back so soon, but when Covid intervened we went back to another part. If they gain independence and rejoin the EU, relocation there woul be very tempting.

The Legendary 1979 No Nukes Concerts 2CD  Bluray

Waiting for Springsteen UK dates for this time next year to be announced. My thoery is that it will include Glastonbury again, and they won't announce until this weekend's event is over

• This one's good. Overpriced at bandcamp but a bit cheaper elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.