Vinyl Solution

edited June 2013 in General
I went to a local record show today and bought a few classics. $31 spent well.

3xeQNpa.jpg

Comments

• I loved Proof Through The Night. I can't believe it's been 30 years.
  • Sweet - love the Talking Heads in particular. That's one I definitely remember playing on vinyl back in the day.
  • I have really enjoyed the Lowell George, but that particular Talking Heads is a favorite. I never owned Boston on vinyl, always cassettes or CD. I was surprised how good it sounded.
  • edited June 2013
    Well, theres not much i enjoy more than a visit with the vinyl. I found most of them but Quadrophenia is either misplaced or lost and I don't believe I ever owned that Boston album. My first introduction to Fleetwood Mac was through Otis Spann's The Biggest Thing Since Colossus and I also found Then Play On, Future Games and most of the other 70's and early 80's but that one's a mystery to me - I don't recall any of the tunes. I still like the Peter Green edition the best.

Here's an old shot of most of my collection.

9095759185_6b5ae216d5_c.jpg
    My Weight Set - It's designed to hold down the basement floor in case of the big one.

Ps If you haven't listened to Lowell's daughter - Inara you'll be in for a real treat - she's terrific.
  • Cool pic! Major downside of MP3 collections - you can't take cool pictures of them.
  • What a collection! I have listened to Inara George, although I never made the connection with Lowel, for some reason. She was in The Bird and the Bee, that is where I know her.

From my OP, I must say the Quadrophenia sounded perfect. A nice warm, room filling sound.
  • edited June 2013
    Major downside of MP3 collections - you can't take cool pictures of them

8213144_lg.jpg

Yep, not so cool.

[strike]Think[/strike] I spotted the 'Lost in the Stars' Kurt Weill tribute album

41F1T41688L.jpg
  • Well, I'd have to say good spotting to Doofy, but how many more can you spot?

This thread certainly got me thinking about all that vinyl and how it's about time to reorganize it and maybe find some duplicates in my wife's collection. I decided that this winter might be a good time to spend converting some of those albums to mp3s. I figured, first off i better learn the basics of garageband and then test that against another application. I tried Audacity (it was free) and thought that the Garageband files sounded better and it was a lot easier to send the files to itunes. I'm using our mac mini 10.6.8 and after 9 albums it's taking about 1 hr to record an album side and get it into itunes. I've been using the advice I found on this page (Bullets & Bones) and a Youtube video to get me started.
    I'm using a Sony PS-T15 direct drive turntable and an old Kenwood receiver. I'm hoping I'll get a little faster but I can't get the music to play faster than 60sec/min. Any suggestions on how to speed up the 2nd half of the process would be deeply appreciated.

The hardest part was deciding where to start and in the end I chose these.

Tonio-K-Notes-From-The-Lo-527960.jpg
    I always thought it was pretty brave of anyone to declare they knew What Women Want. Peter Case first put me on to him and he shows up here with T Bone Burnett to help out.

51XXD4j2BDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    I couldn't come across Just Fascination so I started here.

Live+at+Leeds+The+Who.png
    Wow! this sounds as great today as when I first heard it.

300x300.jpg
    I have a special spot for these folks and when I find the rest of their albums that are (hopefully) misfiled, I'll convert those too.

Its+Only+a+Movie.jpg
    An all time favourite album featuring Don Christensen, Jody Harris & Pat Irwin. I'd have to thank James Chance for introducing me to them.

1464990.jpg
    This has some great moments. I thought I had the Harris/Quine album Escape but I haven't found it yet.

The+Desert+Music+desert.jpg
    I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed this. It also didn't take as long to convert as I left each side as 1 track.

413ACX7BNSL.jpg
    This will do in the meantime.

R-150-2437274-1306546949.jpeg
    It was great to hear Street In The City and My Baby Gives it Away again. I wish I could have found them a better album cover but it's the only one I could reproduce that has their picture on it. I'll have to start adding my own pictures to iphoto for chronicling sake.
  • I can't get the music to play faster than 60sec/min
    Add more pickup arms to your turntable. With two pickups you could copy the first and last half of a side at the same time.
  • Well, I finally got around to digging out a couple of old Technics turntables and with a bit of duct tape I was able to attach that second pickup arm no problem. I am, however, having a big problem figuring out the wiring.

I'm still having trouble deciding where to start converting, so we invested in some new bookcases instead. Unfortunately, now i have to decided which filing system to use.

I'm getting a little faster at garageband. (*Secret shortcut at the bottom)

3452820.jpg
    Whitenoise - The Importance of Breath (1985)

Chazablanca.png
    Chaz Jankel - Chazablanca (1983}

00.michael_smith-mi_c-yaan_believe_it-cover_front-lp-1982-rac.1.jpg
    Michael Smith - Mi Cyaan Believe It (1982)

WarInaBabylon.jpg
    Max Romeo & The Upsetters - War Ina Babylon (1976)

R-150-4189698-1362850867-5999.jpeg
    Heaven's Radio - Uptown Babies (1979)

Blues.jpg
    McKenna Mendelson Mainline - McKenna Mendelson Blues (1969)

folder.jpg
    Mainline - No Substitute (1972)

220px-TheBeatles68LP.jpg
    The Beatles (1968)

The+Golden+Palominos.jpg
    The Golden Palominos (1983)

The+History+Mix+Volume+1.jpg
    Godley & Creme - The History Mix Volume 1 (1985)

Wired.png
    Jeff Beck - Wired (1976)

cover_3258191042012_r.jpg
    Brian Auger - The Best Of Brian Auger (1977)

Baselines.jpg
    Bill Laswell - Baselines (1983)

Drinking+Gasoline.jpg
    Cabaret Voltaire - Drinking Gasoline (1985)

The+Crackdown+R455741137623066.png
    Cabaret Voltaire - The Crackdown (1983)

Alivemutherforya.jpg
    Billy Cobham / Steve Khan / Alphonso Johnson / Tom Scott - Alivemutherforya (1978)

Night+Of+The+Living+Dregs.jpg
    Dixie Dregs - Night Of The Living Dregs (1979)

Here's the shortcut

10167749855_833db7b9fd_c.jpg
  • edited October 2013
    Duck tape is a dandy choice. It has good damping qualities and it blends well with the silver color scheme of the old turntables. You should have two twisted pairs of wire coming from the arm. There's usually one wire the same color in both pairs, that's Common. The other two are Left and Right. The easiest way to figure them out is to play a test record, or one of the fake stereo records from the 60's. You can determine whether you've got the channels right by playing the same track with both arms. The 1967 stereo version of I am the Walrus is fake stereo from 2:00 on and a serviceable recording for your villainous wiring. This recording also has the advantage that it doesn't sound much stranger if you play it with two tone arms simultaneously.
  • Cabaret Voltaire... Golden Palominos... Bill Laswell...

Wish I could just chill at your house and listen while you encode all of these. Great collection and selection. I'm mucho jealous!
  • edited October 2013
    Well, I sure appreciate the advice on the wiring, It took awhile but all channels are now making noise. However, for some strange reason, I just can't get it to track correctly. The second arm tends to flop around quite a bit and that causes the first one to lose it's position. Hmm. I believe it might be time to abandon this experiment and concentrate on this new idea you've put forward regarding fake stereo.

Fake stereo sounds great. I believe I'll get to work on that one right away. First thing is to put those turntables back together and find the box labelled miscellaneous stereo stuff to find those RCA plug adaptors and whatnot. I could create fake stereo for each one and record 2 albums at one time. Blues on the left and Jazz on the right. The possibilities are endless.

10359492975_e4eb82b444_c.jpg

Ps Those Little Johnny Taylor recordings were "passed through a Dolby and equalized in straight ahead mono" and I'm not sure what system those United-Superior Records used but they did have some lovely girls to stand in for Lightnin' and John Lee.
  • Well, it took some doing, but I finally got hold of the Technical Dept. for Emusic and they have assured me fake stereo can be
    a reality. I am having a bit of trouble naming the tracks properly and as they seem to have a lot of knowledge in the fake/real
    department, Frank has advised me that they will get right on it.
    Right now I have the left channel hooked up to the Sony and the right channel plugged into the one good Technics turntable.
    If I can save up for another one of those fancy outdoor wireless speakers, I should be able to play a different track in the front yard and in the back next spring.

Meanwhile, seeing as most of my collection is from the 70s & 80s I decided to zero in on the year my youngest son was born, 1980.
    Here is some of what he was listening to that year.

10801083174_3b45155a2c_c.jpg
  • Damn, that was a fine year. Is that Teena Marie next to U2's Boy? And who is that next to Adam Ant?
  • Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark perhaps (link)?
  • edited November 2013
    Indeed. I pined for that OMD album, and never owned it until recently; back in the day I was only able to acquire Architecture and Morality (which I think has aged well). I just about wore out Vienna. With Blondie I have more memories of my friends and I looking at the photos of Debbie for sale at the local record store than at the records.
  • Well, I've all but abandoned fake stereo. Works fine for single track albums, but breaking up
    the tracks was hard to do. Looking for albums with similar times gave me a headache and made
    me realize that it will take years to get through digitizing the collection.

At any rate, I decided to pick out some samplers for this next phase of digitizing. I've never been
    much a full album listener anyway, so these should fit in fine in the rotation. Not every album was
    purchased the year it was released as most of my collection comes from discount bins and used
    record stores. but usually within a few years. Some of these were mine, some were my wife's and
    some we both had. They certainly brought back some old memories plus there's nothing like holding
    on to that square foot and reading the liner notes as the turntable spins.

11514325273_8a7a5465d0_c.jpg

Spivey's Blues Parade - 1963
    Spivey's Blues Paraders (Bill Dicey, John Hammond, Bob Malenky, Roosevelt Sykes & Washboard Doc),
    Benny Jefferson, Pat Blackman, Sugar Blues & His Harmonica, Sippie Wallace, Billy Mitchell,
    Walter "Shakey" Horton, Sunnyland Slim,Johnny Shines, Victoria Spivey, Lonnie Johnson,
    Little Brother Montgomery, Sonny Greer, Corolina Rose, Sonny Boy Williamson, Nita Washington,
    Washboard Bill, Little Sonny Parker, Delsey Mckay, Papa Comb & His Ukelele Mama, Lonnie Johnson.

Original Oldies Vol. 3 - 1967 ?
    Dave "Baby" Cortez, King Curtis, The Paragons, Gladys Knight And The Pips, Brenton Wood,
    Baby Washington, Starlights, Charts, Les Cooper.

Heavy Heads - 1967
    Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter, Washboard Sam, John Lee Hooker,
    Bo Diddley, Little Milton.

Heavy Heads Voyage II - 1969
    Willie Mabon, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Howlin' Wolf, Little Walter,
    Lowell Fulson.

Rural Blues Vol 1: Goin' Up The Country - 1969
    Nathaniel Terry, Manny Nichols, Country Jim, Lil' Son Jackson, Thunder 'N' Lightnin', Lightnin' Hopkins,
    Snooks Eaglin

Rural Blues Vol 2: Saturday Night Function - 1969
    Papa Lightfoot, Snooks Eaglin, Boogie Bill Webb, Clifton Chenier, Slim Harpo, J.D. Edwards, Boozoo Chavis,

Soul...In The Beginning - 1970
    Lightnin' Hopkins, Billy Biser, Calvin Loudmouth Johnson & Johnny Winter, Clifton Chenier, T-Bone Walker.

The Best Of The Chicago Blues - 1970
    Jimmy Cotton, Junior Wells, Otis Spann, Buddy Guy, J.B. Hutto, Homesick James, Big Walter Horton,
    Johnny Young.

Music From The Motion Picture Sound Track Zabriskie Point - 1970
    The Pink Floyd, The Kaleidoscope, The Grateful Dead, Patti Page, The Youngbloods, Jerry Garcia,
    Roscoe Holcomb, John Fahey.

The Music People - 1972
    Johnny Winter And, Sweathog, Ten Years After, Blue Oyster Cult, Bell + Arc, Jeff Beck Group,
    R.E.O. Speedwagon, Bob Dylan,Barry Mann, Jake Holmes, Colin Blunstone, Jimmie Spheeris,
    Pamela Polland, Blood, Sweat And Tears, Dreams, Chase, Wayne Cochran & The C.C. Riders,
    Boz Scaggs & Band, David Clayton-Thomas, Edgar Winter's White Trash, Poco, The Byrds,
    New Riders Of The Purple Sage, Kenny Loggins With Jim Messina, Kris Kristofferson, Taj Mahal,
    Mahavishnu Orchestra with John McLaughlin, Fields, Santana, Spirit, It's A Beautiful Day,
    Compost, Blue Rose, Mylon, Redbone, Grin, Dr. Hook And The Medicine Show, Genya Ravan,
    The Chambers Brothers, Grootna,

Leonard Feather's Encyclopedia Of Jazz In The 70s - 1976
    Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes, Shelly Manne, Horace Tapscott, Gil Evans, Gato Barbieri,
    John Dankworth, Cleo Laine, David Amram, Nina Simone, Bob Thiele, Groove Holmes, Buddy Rich,
    Jazz Piano Quartet, Oliver Nelson, Blue Mitchell, Duke Ellington.

Business Unusual (The Other Record Collection) - 1978
    Uk Subs, Leyton Buzzards, The Outcasts, Dave Goodman And Friends, The Outsiders,
    The Record Players, Vice Creems, The Dole, The Tights, Skunks, Thomas Leer, Robert Rental,
    Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire.

Propaganda - 1979
    Granati Brothers, Joe Jackson, The Police, The Reds, Bobby Henry, Squeeze, David Kubinec, Shrink.

Times Square - 1980
    Suzi Quatro, The Pretenders, Roxy Music, Gary Numan, Marcy Levy & Robin Gibb, Talking Heads,
    Joe Jackson, XTC, The Ramones, Robin Johnson & Trini Alvarado, The Ruts, D.L. Byron, Lou Reed,
    Desmond Child & Rouge, Garland Jeffreys, The Cure, Patti Smith Group, David Johansen.

The Last Stiff Compilation - 1980
    Dexys Midnight Runners, Lew Lewis Reformer, The Cure, Madness, Any Trouble, Mo-Dettes, John Otway,
    Lene Lovich, Anthony More, Lori & The Chameleons, Wreckless Eric, The Chords, John Cooper Clarke,
    Motörhead, Cockney Rejects, The Damned.

Cash Cows - 1981
    XTC, The Human League, Valerie Lagrange, Japan, Magazine, Nash The Slash, Martha And The Muffins,
    The Flying Lizards, Fingerprintz, The Captain Beefheart & Magic Band, Gillan, Tangerine Dream,
    Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark.

Jazz Spectrum Vol. 5 - 1981
    Modern Jazz Quartet & Jazz Group De Paris.

Jazz Giants Vol. 3 - 1982
    Chick Corea, Don Cherry & Gato Barbieri, Albert Ayler, John Handy.

Jazz Giants Vol. 8 - 1982
    Bud Powell Quintet, Chet Baker Quartet, Gerry Mulligan Quartet, Zoot Sims Quartet,
    The Benny Waters & Traditional Jazz Studio.

Music And Rhythm - 1982
    Drums Of Makebuko, Peter Gabriel, Ekome, XTC, Alhaji Ibrahim Abdulai And His Dagbamba Cultural Group,
    The English Beat, Prince Nico Mbarga And Rocafil Jazz, Mighty Sparrow, Rico, Morris Pert, Pete Townshend,
    Vic Coppersmith-Heaven, Balinese Ketjak, Jon Hassell, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Peter Hammill, David Byrne,
    Alhaji Bai Konte And Malamini Jobate, Shankar And Bill Lovelady, Holger Czukay.

Musician's Guide Volume 2 - 1982
    Billy Cobham, Mose Allison, David Sancious, Bobby McFerrin, Clifford Brown And Max Roach, Dexter Gordon,
    Bud Powell.

Let The Children Play - 1983
    Peter Gabriel, John Cooper Clarke, Poison Girls, Madness, Billy Bragg, Mari Wilson, Panic Allstars, Pauline Black,
    General Public, Hi-Jinx, Captain Sensible, Flying Pickets, Martin Ansell, Amazulu, Tom Robinson

Out Of The Blue - 1984
    Buckwheat Zydeco, The Nighthawks, Legendary Blues Band, Roomful Of Blues, Johnny Adams, James Booker,
    Solomon Burke, Marcia Ball, Duke Robillard And The Pleasure Kings, Clarence Gatemouth Brown,
    The Juke Jumpers, Phillip Walker, Johnny Copeland, J.B. Hutto & The New Hawks.

Streets Of Fire - 1984
    Fire Inc., Marilyn Martin, The Fixx, Greg Phillinganes, The Blasters, Maria McKee, Dan Hartman, Ry Cooder

Vertigo-Sampler - 1985
    The Boomtown Rats, Tears For Fears, Zerra I, ABC, Big Country, Mark Knopfler, The Icicle Works,
    Love And Rockets, Tones On Tail, The Cult, Gene Loves Jezebel, Dire Straits, Rubber Rodeo,
    Kevin Rowland And Dexys Midnight Runners, John Illsley, Cocteau Twins, Colourbox, This Mortal Coil.

Lost In The Stars - The Music Of Kurt Weill - 1985
    Steve Weisberg, Sting & Dominic Muldowney, Fowler Brothers with Stanard Ridgway, Marianne Faithfull,
    Van Dyke Parks with Kathy Dalton, Ralph Schuckett with Richard Butler, Armadillo String Quartet,
    John Zorn, Lou Reed,Carla Bley with Phil Woods, Tom Waits, Dagmar Krause,
    Mark Bingham with Aaron Neville & Johnny Adams, Todd Rundgren with Gary Windo,
    Charlie Haden and Sharon Freeman.

Birthday Present - The 10th Anniversary Stony Plain Sampler - 1986
    Clarence Gatemouth Brown, The Robert Cray Band, Luther Guitar 'Junior' Johnson, King Biscuit Boy,
    John Hammond, Roomful Of Blues with Kim Wilson, Johnny Copeland with Stevie Ray Vaughan,
    Sir Douglas Quintet, Buckwheat Zydeco, The Neville Brothers, Maria Muldaur with Dr. John, Amos Garrett,
    Mendelson Joe, The Persuasions, Asleep At The Wheel, Ricky Skaggs, The Whites, Prairie Oyster,
    Mark Haines And The Zippers, Sylvia Tyson, Riders In The Sky, Doc & Merle Watson, The Dixie Flyers,
    J.D. Crowe/Tony Rice/Doyle Lawson/Bobby Hicks/Todd Phillips, Here Today, The Tony Rice Unit,
    Colin Linden, Loudon Wainwright III, Chris Hillman, Diamond Joe White, Eric Bogle, Bim,
    Bob Carpenter with Emmylou Harris, Mark Korven, Paul Hann.

Epic Presents The Unsigned Vol. II - 1987
    Green, New Salem Witch Hunters, The Worms, Three Hits, Basics, Slab Fashion, Velez Manifesto,
    Paul Chastain, Big Noise.

The New Bluebloods - The Next Generation Of Chicago Blues - 1987
    Donald Kinsey & The Kinsey Report, Valerie Wellington, Dion Payton, Sons Of Blues/Chi-Town Hustlers,
    The Professor's Blues Review with Gloria Hardiman, John Watkins, Michael Coleman, Maurice John Vaughn,
    Melvin Taylor & The Slack Band, Lil' Ed & The Blues Imperials.

Genuine Houserockin' Music III -1988
    Elvin Bishop, Katie Webster, The Paladins, A.C. Reed, Roy Buchannan, Lonnie Brooks, Kenny Neal,
    Little Charlie And The Nightcats, The Kinsey Report, Maurice John Vaughn, Tinsley Ellis,
    The Siegel-Schwall Band.

Merry Christmas or Season's Greetings to everyone
    -always

Ps That's Teena alright and luddite & the prof have it right also.
  • Heh. My local record store reports that they are all sold out of the new Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings on vinyl...

But only the mono version! They still have the stereo vinyl in stock.

Confused, I am envious of that "Times Square" soundtrack, among others.
  • edited January 2014
    As appropriate in this thread as any, very funny:

Cool Dad Raising Daughter On Media That Will Put Her Entirely Out Of Touch With Her Generation

700.jpg?0234

""Well, I'm not making the same mistake he did," Campbell continued as he pulled out vinyl copies of Television's Marquee Moon, Miles Davis' Sketches Of Spain, and Big Star's #1 Record, highly influential albums that will in no way help his daughter interact with her peers at a particularly delicate time in her social development."
  • Cool Dad Raising Daughter On Media That Will Put Her Entirely Out Of Touch With Her Generation

For a long time I felt without style or grace ...
  • edited January 2014
    Interesting Confused. Looking at your photo, one album cover looked really familiar - the Music People. Here it was released, I think, as Rock Machine I Love You, but I am fairly sure from the artist list that it is the same album - I have a feeling it might be 3 LPs long. I remember playing it lots, not sure if I still have it, I'll have to do a search. I have often thought of digitising my LPs but never got round to it - my brother has done a few for me of those he wanted! Many of those I liked most I have either bought as CDs or downloaded over the years. But I still have a few with fond memories that I have not heard in years. I cannot even play then now as I have no turntable. I have gradually reduced the collection, but my wife regularly asks why I am keeping the remainder!
  • Well I was wrong. It was also called the Music People in the UK, Rock Machine... is a different CBS sampler. Looking at my remaining LPs it is mainly the samplers that I have kept, as many of the rest have been replaced. Maybe I ought to borrow my brother's deck, leads etc and have a go at some digitising. Even a quick glance at my LPs brought back memories. It was a different era back then and the samplers were often the only way you could easily get to hear many of the new bands around, especially from USA. It was such an LP that first introduced me to Bruce Springsteen via Born to Run, I played that track endlessly and had to get the LP.
  • edited March 2014
    Wow, this digitizing takes forever. I've digitized 2933 tracks that used up 16.29 GBs and although itunes only lists the total playing time as 8.2 days, it doesn't take into account the time spent setting up Garageband to record them, cleaning of the records, loading the turntable and cueing the track(s), forgetting to start recording or restarting the recording after it would suddenly quit because i was trying to use the internet at the same time. It then took about three times as long to actually convert the track to mp3 and name all the songs and find the artwork that would match the album cover. I started off recording entire albums of some of my favourites and after 100 or so, I realized i'd never get through them all, ever. I then cherry picked my way through the rock/alt Groups and ended up having a hard time trying to limit the Blues. But I am officially calling an end to this seasons session. Next fall I'll work my way through the Reggae, Jazz, Male titles, Female titles, R&B/Soul/Disco, World, Roots/Country, Classical and that Misc. section. I'm not sure of the order but I don't have to worry about that till next Oct. or so.

I really enjoyed spending the winter with the records. There really is something special about holding that 12X12 that cements it to the tunes stored in my tiny brain. I never really got that connection with the 8-tracks & cassettes and although there was a bit with the CDs, the whole format was just too structured. I love the fact that my albums have their own personalities and appearances. I'm not exactly sure where all my mp3s are. I've got numerous copies on cdrs, dvds and a couple of external hard drives. Itunes tells me I have now have 309.9 GBs of them in its library and the Garageband folder has 140.65 GBs of recordings. I just can't visualize how big that is. I do however, now know how much 16.29 GBs weighs on the digitization scale and I'm glad that I can carry them all under one arm if need be. I'm planning on saving a few copies of the vinyl tracks on the those little memory sticks and get each of my 3 sons to save a copy for me for just in case. They can then also see what music I was sneaking into the soundtrack of their lives.

It's interesting as I get back into last fall's rotation (still 1099 tracks that have under 3 plays) I find there's very few album covers I recall but the tracks take me right back to the begin. I see that I got Chris Watson's Wild Song At Dawn on Mar. 28/13 at 3:49 am when I was thinking about the garden and had it's first and only listen 30 mins later.

I guess, truth is I just love listening to music. I have 137 tracks I haven't even heard yet. Plus, I signed in for Emusic again and I have 5 of 7 pages of saved ones to visit. I don't mind falling behind, instead i look forward to hearing the song I haven't heard yet.

It's gardening time again!!!!

-always
    Ps. Hopefully this is the final move.
    13522776645_42a01c3bf8_c.jpg

One more thing,
    In the end it was pretty hard to stump Discogs, so a big thank you to them, also I've only gone through the top 3.5 shelves of the far set and there's only a few missing (hopefully misfiled).
    That dad story was pretty funny, made me think of the time some years ago when we gave the nephews a box set of the Red Dwarf series and thought they would actually watch it. I guess its a good thing I pulled out that Jethro Tull album instead of Journey's Escape
  • edited May 2014
    @Doofy, that Philip Osei Kojo photo is beautiful!

ETA, I liked this from the comments too:
    "These concerned parents take their kid to a psychiatrist. 'What's the matter?' asks the doctor. 'Our son likes latkes - you know, potato pancakes,' says the dad. 'I don't see anything wrong with that,' says the doctor, 'I like them too.' The kid pipes up, 'Then you should come to our house! We have CLOSETS full of them!!'"
  • Obsessive, compulsive, careful, polite, sexy and a darned good listener.

Got me to thinking......

14306391041_e4b31958c6_c.jpg

Thanks Doofy
  • Well, where to start this year's digitization?
    First I don't think you've ever met my better half.
    15324267616_0bd9dd8714_c.jpg

So it's only fitting to start off with Brian Ferry & Bonnie Raitt. She picked Brian for me and I picked Bonnie for her. I'll have to follow that up with Dionne Warwick, thanks to kargatron and anyone who had a heart!
    15160833698_89c86f9a0a_c.jpg
  • Enjoyed going thru this thread.
    I thought I'd add a picture of
    about 10 to 15% of my collection:

or8SMwY.jpg