Well that may be the end of eMu for me.

Comments

• I was hoping for a cloudlicker thing.

•••
    Now playing: Bo Hansson - Leaving Shire
  • edited October 2015
    I logged back into emusic after a hold the other day and I notice today the boosters are still two for one. It's puzzling, but I'll take it. I wonder if they were trying to pad the stats before the newly announced acquisition (and whether the sale will go away now that the acquisition is done) - but are companies acquiring other companies really that stupid?
  • This morning is an error 503, service unavailable. 

The booster sale went from "occasionally on a holiday" to a near permanent feature over the last year. I usually buy one and whittle away at it, and then buy another. It more or less cuts the album cost in half since it is pretend money I am spending. 
  • I just got an offer for $100 in free credits to rejoin eMusic.  Guess I'm back, at least for a little while.
  • Because of the frequency of booster sales, it makes sense to sign up for a normal membership. I downgraded to an emusic lite plan $6.49 a month. I notice that the lite plan doesn't seem to be one of the "official memberships" offered to new members, so I am watching closely about whether the Lite plan is eliminated. 
  • edited October 2015
    rostasi said:

I was hoping for a cloudlicker thing.

•••
    Now playing: Bo Hansson - Leaving Shire
    Not a bad album: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He_Poos_Clouds

• Latest announcement from emusic:

"We are going to change some of our billing terms as follows: eMusic will bill users’ credit cards based on a calendar month/year billing cycle, giving you an extra four days of the eMusic Service a year! Details of the change in billing can be found in eMusic's updated Terms of Use. We will update the notice when the changes take effect soon."

I assume that this means that I will be billed, and therefore credits added, on the same date each month, Must be an improvement... but it is November.

• edited November 2015
    They make it sound as if it's a service I use when I am not downloading...
  • My service plan runs till the end of the month, so don't think there will be any change for me concerning this
  • I think with the coming changes, it will become a (streaming + storage) service you use even when you are not downloading.
  • I hadn't thought about it like that Doofy, but I can certainly see what you mean. Maybe it will go like Google Play when you can buy and download or just pay and play
  • edited November 2015
    eythian said:

I just realised I haven't downloaded anything from emusic for months, and when it tries to renew some time in november it'll fail because my CC expired. I don't really plan to solve that given I haven't been using it.

Whaaaat? It successfully renewed? What sorcery is this?!
  • They had scheduled downtime last night, which continues into the morning...Wonder if there will be any differences when the lights come back on?
  • Not holding my breath for anything too exciting, just as long as the site works as I was going to download a couple of albums today
  • edited November 2015

We’re getting close… Our team is working hard to complete their work. We'll update you, so keep checking back. Thanks for your patience.

Our engineers are still hard at work. Apologies, and thanks for your patience.

ETA: Hmmmm ? interesting - with "out of the box" Emusic icons . . .

• My guess is they are integrating something from the company that just bought them.
  • And heck, who's still a member that's not prepared to shrug their shoulders at a 20+ hour outage?...
  • edited November 2015

Remember it is November, all major changes happen this month!

Update - just tries to log in over there. Got the home page fine, but after attempting to log-in all I got was:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

And this is six hours on from Kargatron's post above!

• edited November 2015

I can do everything over there other than anything that requires me to log-in, ie buy/download music!! I can't even use the message board other than read it. Suspicious.....

Update - Thirty minutes later I tried again, same outcome, so I clicked on the Get link, and amazingly I  signed in.... Of the first four albums I looked at two were download whole album only, both new releases. Not sure if this is coincidence or a new trend. If so they will need to allow us to carry forward more each month. 

• Home page is still broken but the site works if you go in through http://www.emusic.com/browse/album/all/?sort=downloads
  • Got a little something something to make up for the downtime.  
  • edited November 2015

Please add email-reply@emusic.com in
    order to ensure email delivery.

If you are having trouble viewing this email, please click
    here

eMusic eMusic

Dear eMusic Member,

In preparation for new and exciting changes coming to eMusic, we took the
    website down for maintenance early Tuesday, November 17. Unfortunately, the
    maintenance has taken longer than expected to complete. As an active member, you
    may be experiencing issues accessing the site or certain eMusic features.

To make up for the inconvenience, we have added a € 10 music credit to your
    account that can be used anytime over the next 90 days.

Thank you for your understanding. We truly value your business and look
    forward to sharing news about our upcoming enhancements very soon.

Mike

eMusic Senior Manager

ETA: Hey ! - it worked 
    - A copy/paste of an email from Emu.
  • Me too. I am really not complaining at more credit but I am still bemused by the idea that not being able to access a site and buy music for a day warrants compensation, First world problems!
  • And now I am more puzzled, the email said $10, my account got $20.
  • I haven't checked emusic yet, but my email says £10. They obviously don't realise £10 is more than 10 Euros, but it might explain the $20. I never complain about extra credit though.
  • £10 Extra for me today, waiting on the best of 2015 lists now, that will buy a couple of albums

• Exactly Lowlife, that's the way I look at it, a nice early Christmas present.
  • Reading the email above again, I'm struck by "In preparation for new and exciting changes coming to eMusic" What does 'new and exciting changes'  mean? Streaming?

• In the past, new and exciting changes has usually meant wanton destruction of the usability of the site.
  • Sadly I agree GP