Hello

Comments

• mutex, case-handler to many, good to see you - do you think it is possible to set up a space where i can gibberish at will? what considerations are lurking?

clink.
  • thank you for opening the door. I don't like it so much over there anymore. Although I have to admit that right in the middle of a fight you can still pick up good recs.
  • hey adam - good to see you peaking in over here. now, stand still while we delouse you...close your eyes. there there, it'll be over in a minute.

all done.

so, how does it feel to have all those different shaped prices floating about?
  • 68: I could set you up something but you'd be out in the woods writing like Thoreau. Frankly, I find him a bit stiff to read. I think your writing thrives on interaction. I'd suggest that xtrev set up a "Diversions" category for the various projects.
  • lol - i agree...i'm testing the waters at the NOLA jazz fest boards and have managed to 1) get an intro post n00ked by a crippling uptight sr. member and 2) make a few early connects 3) have a thread i wrote 5 years ago dug up from their graves.

i like the interaction, but that place might be a bit too narrow for the thrill ride to be installed.

a single poster environment would suck.

if adam can lure tim mason, selfrisingmojo + bluesboy here, i think we'd have a pretty decent collection to keep us in comic book heaven.

what do you say xtrev? can a little grimy writer's shack be cobbled together???
  • ok - nereffid, adam, mutex, xtrev - for starters - i'll start a post in the southern boys category for now. can you guys make sure you have your e-mails up in the members profile?

thx68
  • ok, my email's up.

the thing that's surprising me most about the "album pricing" roll-out is that it seems like people didn't know this would happen. I would have said more about it a while ago but (1) I thought it was obvious and (2) I was being called paranoid enough as it was (hey televiper!).

Oh well, there's still good deals there; yesterday I got a 76 track 3.5 hour Destroy All Monsters collection for 12 dls!

This is the absolute death-knell for the real out there indie stuff; long droning tracks; the thing is that stuff is hit or miss even at 1 credit; even a real explorer can't spend twelve on it.

And they even messed with my own noise tape!!!
  • I sense this isn't a formal 'hello' thread but I thought I might as well say hello in it anyway. Hello.
  • Hello all

68, I just killed you off over in the other place. It was all quite tear-jerking and far too predictable, as you were finally laid low by a Barry Manilow song from Wanderer's download list, but you are resurrectable in a Sherlock Holmesy off the cliffs kind of way if you want something a little classier.
  • edited July 2009
    68, dead? And never called me mother!

Lynne-ky
  • edited July 2009
    Dead Ball, you bloody wanker, where the hell have you been all this time!!?? It's so good to hear from you again!

And now in the darkest hour of our need you've returned to lift our hearts and brighten our flagging spirits. God, I hope you brought your face-burning gear with you... there is a long list of asshats over in eMuLand that are sorely in need of a damn good crisping. I'll be happy to pay for any propane you might require.

Welcome back - hope you can stay awhile!
  • my mail's up
  • Ded Ball! Long time, no see!
  • i'm dead??? goodness. which thread???

did i flop??? flip??? piddle??? wee???
  • edited July 2009
    Done
  • Sorry - didn't work.
  • TimMason, edit your post; click the BBCode button below the "Enter your comment" box.
  • Hi, everyone. I'm new here.
  • welcome! great to have you on board.

you'll find this board to be a modest deviation from the other place...we still center most of the topics around music but have opened some new doors as well. peek in at the "post-modern christmas project" thread to get a sense of that - we can always use more input. feel free to get comfy with folks.

clink.
  • edited July 2009
    hey Daniel, I was just listening to something I though you might like - reminds me a bit of William Basinski - it's called The Caretaker, and he has a lot of free stuff here.
  • I'll check it out tonight! Thanks for the tip.
  • (Also, thanks for the kind words, Chas).
  • So Daniel, where are you an Esq?

I use that particular title in Minnesota.

Craig
  • Miami, Florida. Lived here forever, at this point.
  • Welcome, Daniel.

My youngest brother has the degree. Worked for RCA in Indianapolis, lots of travel to Hong Kong, etc. His position, along with several others, was outsourced to Mexico a few years ago, and none of them were offered the opportunity to relocate.

Hesitate to say it - LOL - the oldest of my 3 brothers retired from Sony five or so years ago. He moved from Encino to North Palm Beach. Was highly involved with HD -- television before Sony, and digitazion of movies at Sony. Can't say that gave Sony any advantage with me. They're just like any other big corporation in my opinion. Do what they can to seize the upper hand.
  • Hello. New here and just checking in
  • New here, but not new to us! Welcome to emusers.
  • Hello, cowrun! Welcome to emusers!
  • Hi Guys,

First nervous post at E Musers, I have been reading the website for ages and finally plucked up courage to join. Based in the UK a lover of all music but not the most technical user of new media so bear with me if I get things wrong! I look forward to hopefully making the odd contribution here.
  • Welcome lowlife! No reason to be nervous at all.