Hello

Comments

• Ah, just welcomed you on another thread. Welcome again in the proper place!
  • Thank you for my two welcomes!
  • Welcome elide.

Soon, no one will be on Emu's official discussion board. Mwhaahaha.
  • Welcome Eilidh

Nice to have you onboard
  • Yes - a warm welcome from me, too, Eilidh. Glad you're here.
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Glad to see you here Eilidh, welcome
  • Yes, yes, football talk is welcome here... as long as you're a Bears fan. Otherwise, just keep it to yourself.

also welcome is talk about at least one other pro team, who are about to make a deeeeeeep playoff run

the-miami-heat-big-three.jpg

also: welcome, everyone.
  • What about teams that are sucking on tailpipes earlier in the season, despite nabbing the star free agent?

(For the Brits, I'm talking baseball.)
  • Esquire, save those pictures for your bedroom walls. This space is for serious fans and intelligent sports talk only. Which, of course, means the Bulls.

Bad Thoughts, yes, anybody whose misery factor is greater than mine is welcome here with open arms. Tell me what's bothering you. I'm here for you.
  • Eilidh, when Jonah and others talk about football, they don't mean the game we know as football! They call the superior game soccer. And don't get me started on World Series, it is only World because they are the only people in the world who play it!!!
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks, Jonah.

ALBERT PUJOLS IS MO VAUGHN 2.0.

That is all.
  • Oof, I hadn't really taken in that Angels record. Put it together with the hot Rangers start, and that's a pretty good hole before the end of April.
  • In the Scioscia era, the Angels have reversed the trend of second-half collapses with slow starts and late season rallies. However, I would hope for better than this with Pujols.
  • heat/bulls will be a war.
  • Until the 4th quarter when the Heat take a break.

Craig
  • oh stop, lol
  • It's all about Rose. If he has been saving himself for the playoffs, it will be a dogfight and a real oppty for the Bulls to win. If he really has nagging injuries that reduce his time and abilities, they will never see the Heat.
  • The heat might not make it past Indiana.
  • @BT

Didn't Pujols have an awful start last year, too. He did pretty good down the stretch.

Still, not slow start isn't an attribute you want to see in your prize free agent pickup.
  • @Jonah: Dunno. I usually only pay attention to the AL, and usually only starting in June. Nonetheless, the Angels tend to be streaky, and could have used a consistent bat in their lineup.
  • The heat might not make it past Indiana.

wait waht?
  • All my playoff excitement just bled right out of me. Guh.
  • yeah. sometimes the no-contact injuries are the worst. this compacted schedule is taking a terrible toll on players. when the heat held that huge margin early in the forth, i was screaming for spo to get wade out of the game, to avoid just that type of injury.

the big question for rose is whether this will permanently change him as a player. isn't it an acl and an mcl tear?
  • I hope not. I only saw the espn scroll that said out for playoffs from torn acl.

At this point, my nba season is over.

First, the Bears are well on their way to making the playoffs and threatening to do some damage, then lose both Cutler and Forte to injuries, totally derailing their season. Now Rose is out and the Bulls shot at an NBA title along with it. And then, of course, we have the Cubs...
  • Did I mention "Guh"?
  • well, celtics -- bulls will be a battle, even with rose out. i wouldn't be surprised if chicago gets to the ECF. they won't advance to the finals, tho, unless something crazy happens and either the nyk or indiana eliminate miami (not happening).

if it goes this way, heat -- okc finals will be a classic, and i think i'd favor the thunder. too many mismatches favor them, especially perkins and harden.
  • edited April 2012
    BTW, not to turn this too much into an NBA playoffs thread, but SVG must be a genius to keep the dwight-less magic close against a pretty gritty -- and deservedly favored -- pacers team. that hibbert has 9 blocks so far. 9!

update: SVG is a genius. a very flat-looking game, when you compare it to the way the heat played earlier. miami truly played next-level basketball. no guarantee they'll continue to play that way, tho (in fact, i'd bet against it).

also, whooooo-hoooooo, okc v. mavs. (okc in 5, btw).
  • When I saw 13 new posts since Friday I thought we had lots of new members. How wrong I was!!
  • Sorry. I'll shut-up now.