750-hll-1024-front.jpg

Available here

cd_cover.jpg

Available here

More may follow!
  • edited March 2013
    20 Great Songs Recorded At World Cafe
    Download Live Songs From Beach House, Trey Anastasio And Many More

They're only available TODAY (midnight Eastern?).
    Here's the catch: They're only available TODAY, so download them from our SoundCloud account before Friday March 1, when they'll disappear like spring snow. Click on the song you want, and then click "download" in the upper-right corner of the module.
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks Bremble,
    Looking forward to this, esp as I've heard of but not heard many of these bands.
    Below is a list I made of the songs for use in tagging (which they are in need of)
    1. "Ends of the Earth" by Lord Huron
    2. "Generator Second Floor" by Freelance Whales
    3. "Satan and Saint Paul" by John Fullbright
    4. "What I've Seen" by Allen Stone
    5. "Fortune Teller" by Calexico
    6. "Unfinished" by Ben Solee
    7. "Tessellate" by ALT-J
    8. "The Glow" by The Kopecky Family Band
    9. "Under The Spell Of The Handout" by Cody Chesnutt
    10. "Sleeping Pills" by Nick Waterhouse
    11. "Backlines" by Stars
    12. "The Woodcutter's Son" by The Last Bison
    13. "Slide Song" by Afghan Whigs
    14. "Now I'm Learning To Love The War" by Father John Misty
    15. "Middle Distance Runner" by Sea Wolf
    16. "Let Me Lie" by Trey Anastasio
    17. "Three Strangers " by People Get Ready
    18. "Empty Party Rooms" by Minus The Bear
    19. "Coming True" by Guards
    20. "Real Love" by Beach House
  • @greg - in case you've not found it already, there is more NJHB over on archive.org (see http://njhb.org/music.php) - as well as the 3 CDs there are also recordings in the Live Archive.

Which leads onward to Hairy Larry Land - cover images led on to archive.org.
  • - And plenty of wxpn sets @ Soundcloud
  • I don't know if anyone will be interested in this but: 7 days of free downloads of stock video clips, library music, sound effects and background loops.
  • edited March 2013
    1859054832-1.jpg
    Page One by Various Artists
    Document 10 one year anniversary compilation. Our favorite artists that we have come across over the last year in one beautiful place.

Very nice free compilation from Document 10. Pillowdiver, Radere, Heinali have all been mentioned on this board multiple times. I gather from twitter there may be a limited number of free downloads, so act sooner rather than later.
  • 3836785928-1.jpg

Free at Noisetrade
  • edited March 2013
    3523246566-1.jpg
    NYOP at Bandcamp
    This album is a world first: a recording of Malian kora music on solo acoustic guitar by South African guitarist Derek Gripper. The complete solo works of Malian kora legend Toumani Diabate, with tracks by fellow Malians Ali Farka Toure and Ballake Sissoko as well as a track by French cellist Vincent Segal (from his collaboration with Sissoko). A truly original African Guitar sound and a fresh and ground-breaking proposal for a redefinition of African classical music. Read more about this project and order guitar tablatures of the music at:www.derekgripper.com/african-guitar/

One Night on Earth, recorded in a single all night session, includes Derek Gripper’s extraordinary interpretation of the Malian kora on guitar. This CD features the compositions of legendary Malian musicians Toumani Diabate, Ali Farka Toure, Ballake Sissoke and the French cellist, Vincent Segal.

The kora which is a 21 string African harp-lute made from a skin covered calabash with a hardwood neck is described by Derek Gripper as “one of the most complex instruments in Africa, an instrument able to perform bass lines and harmonic accompaniment while simultaneously improvising virtuosic melodic lines, creating the impression of a three-piece ensemble on just one instrument.”
  • edited March 2013
    The Senegal-Mali Project
    3441623844-1.jpg4283598874-1.jpg
    In September and October of 2012, Casey Dickey traveled around the West African countries of Senegal and Mali with a backpack full of cameras and microphones, looking for great musicians who hadn't had the chance to reach an audience beyond their homes. The result of this trip is The Senegal Project: two albums and a documentary video featuring a diverse collection of musicians from traditional to hip hop and everything in between.

These two are amazing albums - undiscovered traditional artists from Senegal amd Mali. Both are NYOP at Bandcamp You can follow the link there to get to the second volume
  • edited March 2013
    Another recent Benjamin Dauer release, this one free:

artworks-000038287420-4u9nuq-t200x200.jpg?c6caf18

Benjamin Dauer - Twenty Three and Twenty Six
    Four drifting scores of ambient invention, tape echo and swimming delay, they’re musical explorations that are beautifully, subtly metrical. Awash with hypnotic rhythms and an unpolished human touch, each track feels like it plays out to its untraced, natural end.
  • Free SXSW Sampler from Paste for an email address.
  • 51bZdaHdFEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Another freebie from the Krayolas!
  • edited March 2013
    live_at_the_iveagh_gardens.jpg

Available from Noisetrade
  • I just picked this up via Ubuweb on Twitter:
    Moroccan Tape Stash
    This blog features music from Moroccan cassettes that is, to the best of my knowledge, not available outside of Morocco. It is shared here to spread the appreciation of Moroccan music and artists.
    - Seems interesting . . .
  • Local+News.jpg

Local News - Channel 8
  • Another free SXSW themed list of downloads. This one from SPIN (60 tracks) - Austin Power: A SXSW 2013 Mixtape
  • Oops - that one up there was meant for the listening now thread...

calidostopia_markus_popp_oval.jpg

Oval - Calidostopia

And:

Astro-Nautico-Atlantics-Vol-2-640x480.png

Astro Nautico - Atlantics Vol. 2 - cool looking 41 song label sampler.

Two things I haven't listened to yet but am excited about - especially the Oval.
  • edited March 2013
    Brilliant stuff from The Free Music Archive:
    The_Vainglories_-_Solace_-_20130222220235223.jpg?width=290&height=290 255318_321205664635127_1848321943_a.jpg
    - "The Vainglories is the solo project of Gillian Lever, and is responsible for producing the soundtrack to her introspectivemoods. Melancholic melody intertwines with textured strangeness to create lullabies for the nightmare-prone. Based in Melbourne, The Vainglories constantly struggles with the grammatical difficulties arising from being a solo artist with a name more suited to a band."
    The Vainglories @ Bandcamp - http://woodandwire.com.au/
  • edited March 2013
    Another SXSW sampler, this one from NPR's All Songs Considered. Scroll down past the image and the link is on the left.
  • edited March 2013
    joshgarrels.jpg
    Not just one but 5 free albums at Noisetrade
    From March 14 to March 28, all 5 of Josh Garrels' most current albums will be available for free, exclusively on Noisetrade. This free catalog of music is given as a gift, but 100% of the tips received for any and all of the 5 albums will be given to World Relief and their courageous work in Congo. Congo is currently the most unstable, violent, and impoverished country in the world, with thousands displaced due to warring factions and a majority of the women suffering from gender based violence. Please consider leaving a tip, and in so doing, becoming a partner in the work for restoration in Congo. Thanks

See Noisetrade
  • Another SXSW sampler

It's that time of year...eMu and 7digital have 'em too.
  • Beat me to it Greg, looking forward to hearing them.

Watching the Milan game tonight, hate being 3-0 up, still remember when United beat us 3-5!!
  • Yes I do too!!We need some English teams in the latter stages of European competitions, so I hope it goes well. We are meeting up with all my wife's family for the weekend, so a good result tonight will set off the weekend tomorrow evening on a good footing!
  • And....Here's To Another 21 Years! from Kill Rock Stars. Twenty-one tracks free on eMu
  • edited April 2013
    artworks-000043178541-kvs15p-crop.jpg?ca77017
    DENOVALI SWINGFEST 2013 LONDON SAMPLER TRACKLIST

01. BERSARIN QUARTETT - Der Mond, der Schnee und Du (00:00:00)
    02. FENNESZ - Black Sea (00:04:30)
    03. POPPY ACKROYD - Grounds (00:11:40)
    04. PETRELS - On the Dark Great Sea (00:15:40)
    05. OMEGA MASSIF - Ursus Arctos (00:20:10)
    06. TALVIHORROS - Great Sea Monsters (00:30:20)
    07. CARLOS CIPA - Morning Love (00:36:50)
    08. GREG HAINES - Times (00:39:30)
    09. CARLOS CIPA - Human Stain (00:47:55)
    10. THE PIRATE SHIP QUINTET - Horse Manifesto (00:50:15)
    11. OMEGA MASSIF - Steinernes Meer (00:57:40)
    12. JAMES BLACKSHAW - Cross (01:08:30)
    13. THOMAS K
  • 41jOKbsk8qL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Free Soundway sampler on Amazon UK
  • edited April 2013
    2120718110-1.jpg
    Free at bandcamp. ''The Sun Rises In Thousands Of Lakes And Forests (EP)'' by Augustus Bro & Gallery Six.
    Decent dark-light-dark ambient stuff, track 1 is a bit Pete Namlook-ish and brooding, track 2 is lighter and my favorite, track 3 darker and spacey again, once again evoking 2350 Broadway era Namlook and Inoue.
  • Thanks Lowlife, I am heading off to Amazon!