Flash Bandcamp Sale

Comments

• I'm going to have to revisit that mass album, but if it's the one I'm thinking of (pretty recent release), then I didn't much care for it at all.

Also, I got confirmation from the artist's rep that the flash sale will go for a couple weeks.  I think I read on Previte's website or facebook page that he was enjoying his experiment with NYP pricing.  I'm going to try to crank out a quick rundown column this weekend.
  • edited August 2018
    Thanks, @jonahpwll, this is an amazing treasure trove. The albums with Charlie Hunter (especially Latitude and Longitude and Come in Red Dog) have long been among my favorite albums ever--atmospheric, funky--I highly recommend those. Most of these I didn't have or know about, so I'm going to happily work my way through them.
  • Thanks, @jonahpwll, this is an amazing treasure trove. The albums with Charlie Hunter (especially Latitude and Longitude and Come in Red Dog) have long been among my favorite albums ever--atmospheric, funky--I highly recommend those. Most of these I didn't have or know about, so I'm going to happily work my way through them.

I'll second that thank you - I had just purchased the new one (reviewed by @jonahpwll on his BITW site), but to be able to get access to the back catalogue without costing an arm and a leg is great.  And I think the NYOP and/or discounts for back catalogue is a great way for artists to make more, esp. if they pull such catalogue from the streaming platforms.    I probably spent $30 between the new release (full price) and several older releases (NYOP), but that is about $26 more dollars (e.g Bandcamp pays artist 85+%) than he would get if I listened on Spotify or didn't purchase at all (which would be the case at full price for lots of old releases that I was curious to hear, but not willing to shell out large sums).   Wait, doesn't that sound like the original eMusic premise.  Sigh.  ;-)
  • Thanks from me as well @jonahpwll.
  • Greenleaf Music is having a one-day catalog sale at their Bandcamp page.  20% of everything with the code "onedaysale" - ends at midnight tonight.

• edited August 2018
    Not bandcamp, but

40-60% OFF EVERYTHING

https://experimedia.net/

Lots of great bargains on experimental and ambient CDs and LPs.
  • edited September 2018
    For a limited amount of time our full digital discography is $4.95 only, which is 85% off its regular price. Great opportunity to discover some new albums.

Check it here: https://hiddenvibes.bandcamp.com/

Greets!
  • ^^^ I am still working my way through the Hidden Vibes catalogue from buying it last time it was on sale. There is a good amount of pretty good stuff in there.
  • One of the Hidden Vibes artists is Desolate Horizons, who does a kind of gauzy drone stuff. Over on the artist's bandcamp page their discography of 35 albums is $21.70 (65% off)
  • Definitely interested in an Erased Tapes sale... doesn't have to be specific to their BC page.  In fact, I'd prefer it if the sale applied to their web store.  Yesterday was the first time I really browsed their catalog for stuff that wasn't Nils Frahm, and there's a whole bunch of CDs I want.  But it would be nice for a sale discount to help mitigate the currency conversion + postage hit.  I'm signed up for their email list, so if they have a sale then I'm sure I'll hear about it.  But it never fails to amaze me what slips past.

P.S.  The new one from Peter Broderick (well, new to me... it came out last year) is amazing and what drove me to their site.
  • jonahpwll said:
    Definitely interested in an Erased Tapes sale... doesn't have to be specific to their BC page.  In fact, I'd prefer it if the sale applied to their web store.  Yesterday was the first time I really browsed their catalog for stuff that wasn't Nils Frahm, and there's a whole bunch of CDs I want.  But it would be nice for a sale discount to help mitigate the currency conversion + postage hit.  I'm signed up for their email list, so if they have a sale then I'm sure I'll hear about it.  But it never fails to amaze me what slips past.

P.S.  The new one from Peter Broderick (well, new to me... it came out last year) is amazing and what drove me to their site.
    This is technically off topic, but I noticed that Erased Tapes, having fled emusic, is now available through Freegal Music, for those who are members of public libraries that give access to Freegal.
  • We're also running a 50% off sale on all Marcus Fischer and related releases in the 12k shop and on Bandcamp. (no code necessary, prices reflected in shop) The sale extends through the end of October, 2018.

Bandcamp

• Nonesuch is having another 50% off sale now through 1:00pm Eastern Time Tuesday 10/16. Enter AUTUMN at checkout.
  • 65% off everything at Experimedia.net at the moment.

• 30% off everything at Edition Records.   Interesting that a few months after they went away from eMusic (via the Orchard dropping eMusic), they now are running 30% off sales on Bandcamp. 

BUY NOW  (Link to Edition Bandcamp store).

30 Discount

AUTUMN OFFER - 30% OFF ALL TITLES

Please enter the code: edition30 when checking out to receive 30% off all titles.

BUY NOW

Music from // Aki Rissanen, Alexi Tuomarila, Ant Law, Daniel Herskedal, Denys Baptiste, Dinosaur, Django Bates, Elliot Galvin, Enemy, Eyolf Dale, Gary Husband, Girls In Airports, Hess Is More, Ivo Neame, Jason Rebello, Jasper Høiby, Julian Argüelles, Malija, Mark Lockheart, Misha Mullov-Abbado, Morten Schantzl, Nicolas Kummert, Oddarrang, Pablo Held, Per Oddvar Johansen, Phronesis, Rob Luft, Roller Trio, Slowly Rolling Camera, Snowpoet, Stuart McCallum, Tim Garland, Tom Barford and Verneri Pohjola.

• 25% off all Matador records releases in their website:

https://store.matadorrecords.com/

I assume there will be many such 'Black Friday' sales from labels - should we open a new thread for that, or put it all here?

• I suggest putting it here.
  • We wanted to take this moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. We hope the holiday season brings joy and peace. In the spirit of the holidays, we are offering a 30% discount on all Bandcamp sales this Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. Just visit our WEBPAGE, pirecordings.bandcamp.com, and type in bandcamp before you check out.

Thank you,

Seth and Yulun

• Greenleaf Music also has a black friday sale going on:

We're having a 'Thanksgrooving' sale! Get 30% our entire catalogue - 60+ releases - including great records by @FittedShards @ryankeberle @RudyRoyston @lmoh000 @joelovano @chetdoxas @cmacsound @blackearthmuse @contrabates @DonnyMcCaslin https://t.co/LRgT5CaNIG pic.twitter.com/4spbijdhfd

— Greenleaf Music (@Greenleaf_Music) November 23, 2018

• Add Motema to the list (though technically a 15th Anniversary sale through end of year, not a Black Friday event).

15th ANNIVERSARY SALE! [Enter discount code MOTEMA15 for 15% off on full catalog thru 12/31!]

• This deal is sort of inelegantly phrased on their website (possibly a language translation issue?), but, I *think* the gist of the "Special Offer" is that all ECM 2-CD sets are priced as a single CD.  (They never actually say this explicitly, but if you mouse over the "buy" icon you'll see a price that is typically about half of what the 2-CD set would be at full retail via Amazon or elsewhere).

Special Offer

(valid for orders placed through www.ecmrecords.com up to and including Thursday, November 29th 2018)

Our current special offer contains a wide selection of 2-CD albums from the ECM catalog.

A complete overview can be found at our offer page.

• Hidden Vibes

For a limited amount of time (Black Friday!) we offer 30% off any item at our store hiddenvibes.bandcamp.com with code 'black'! Valid for any physical or digital item, including full digital discography of the label.

(If you didn’t get it in the last sale, the full discography is 80% off before the 30% discount.)
  • @Germanprof - Thanks for the tip.  Given that the full discography (49 albums/EPs/etc.) was $5.60 with the discount, I went ahead and took the plunge. :-)     Any particular recommendations or personal favorites among that catalogue/label?   
  • I have only made it through them all once, but so far I have enjoyed all of the recent series with the black and white colors, So I'm an Islander (it sent me to his other releases) and Moonshine Blues. YMMV of course.
  • Not sure if these are only available through Qobuz or whether the labels in question are having the sales on their own sites and/or bandcamp, too.    Nonetheless, a pretty substantial set of heavily discounted music:

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/page/blackweek2018

Some, like PIAS, have long been missing from eMusic but have 40-60% discounts.  And lots of classical labels and a decent bit of jazz and pop, too.

• edited November 2018
    Ha.  I posted the link to the Black Friday sales over at the eMusic reddit and a moderator  took it down.   Ironically, with no content to speak of on their site for the foreseeable future, I figured that something to keep people happy might be win-win.  But the thought police obviously felt otherwise.

I can only imagine the thought bubble associated with the takedown:   "Hey, we can't let people point out availability of cheap music elsewhere, or subscribers might figure out that our remaining catalogue looks like the carcass of Bambi after a herd of jackals and buzzards celebrated a Thankgiving feast".   Uh, memo to thought police:  The secret's out.   We all know the selection sucks and keeps getting worse.
  • Hidden vibes discography is quite a deal.  Bought!

• PROJEKT’S CYBERMONDAY DIGITAL 50% OFF SALE
    Hi…. It’s a digital-only 50% OFF sale at our Bandcamp store.  www.projektrecords.bandcamp.com 
    Sale does not include Merchandise (CDs+LPs+etc). Order refunded if you purchase merch. 
    Use checkout coupon code “cyber18”
    Sale ends Friday Nov 30, Noon EST

• Enter discount code at checkout for 25% off any order from  northernspyrecs.com or northernspyrecords.bandcamp.com

cyberweek2018

SHOP NSPY SITE
    SHOP BANDCAMP

Code is good until Monday December 4th!

• edited November 2018
    A small independent label such as DiN simply couldn't survive without the support of fans such as yourself so I always like to give something away each December. This time round it's the fifth DiN sampler album, iNDEX05 (DiN05). This will be free to download until the end of December although if you're feeling generous you can always donate something in to the DiN kitty. Furthermore the CD of iNDEX05 will be 50% of it's usual price @ only £2.50 and the 9 albums covered by this sampler will also be @ 50% of their usual price (details below).
    Tone Science (DiN49) by Ian Boddy @ £3.50 download & £5.00 CD.
    World Adapter (DiN48) by Parallel Worlds & Self Oscillate @ £3.50 download & £5.00 CD.
    Black Horses Of The Sun (DiN47) by Dave Bessell @ £3.50 download & £5.00 CD.
    Weltenuhr (DiN46) by Erik Wøllo & Bernhard Wöstheinrich @ £3.50 dl & £5.00 CD.
    Umbra (DiN45) by ARC @ £3.50 download.
    Node 2 (DiN44) by Node @ £3.50 download & £5.00 CD.
    Colour Division (DiN43) by Ian Boddy & Markus Reuter @ £3.50 download.
    Liverdelphia (DiN42) by Ian Boddy @ £3.50 download.
    Morphogenic (DiN41) by Parallel Worlds & Dave Bessell @ £3.50 download & £5.00 CD.

I would recommend Liverdelphia. Node 2 is good too.