Still on eMusic

1235»

Comments

• I have mentioned this one before but to mind it is the best Progressive Rock album (if not the best album altogether) left on eMusic.

“Revelations of the Flowermind” by Solid Sun. Obscure but great Progressive Rock album that sounds if it so easily could have been made in the late 60s or early 70s but in fact was released in 2015. Try the track “Distance” first - outstanding!

Four tracks lasting over 27 minutes for 99 cents.

https://www.emusic.com/album/6335791/Solid-Sun/Revelations-of-the-Flowermind

• edited June 2020
    A new discovery on eMusic is the "Smokin' Badger" label.

Albums by such luminaries as Allman Brothers, Flying Burrito Brothers, Grateful Dead, Laura Nyro, Blondie, Emmylou Harris, Spirit, The Jayhawks, Spencer Davis Group, Crosby Stills & Nash and Loudon Wainwright III. Mainly live albums. Caveat is that Rate Your Music lists quite a few of them as bootlegs.

https://www.emusic.com/label/1570461/Smokin-Badger
  • They all seem to have come from broadcasts. Whether they are from tapes made by the broadcaster or taped off the air isn't clear. I am certain the Miles Davis is a bootleg. The contents match the set list for his 1982 (July 11) appearance in Montreal at the Théâtre St-Denis. I'm pretty sure this part of the Festival international de jazz de Montréal. It has not been released before. 

• Kammerklang: BETA (album). BETA draws together many chamber works from 2010-2014 written especially for Kammerklang by emerging Australian composers. This album features the Kammerklang Chamber Orchestra alongside guest artists Nexas Saxophone Quartet with solos by Jane Bishop (flute), Peter Smith (EWI), Kaylie Dunstan (percussion), and Rory Brown (bass). Kammerklang: BETA blends the analogue with the digital for an intricate and beautiful album of live instruments and electronics

• edited July 2020
    ^^Thanks! I also picked up label mates Lucy Kong and the shorter Cameron Lam albums.
    Ps - I see by Bandcamp that I've got a bit of editing to do.
  • edited July 2020
    @confused : Ps - I see by Bandcamp that I've got a bit of editing to do.
    - Oh Yes ! . . .

Reposted from the "old" listening thread:
    MORTON FELDMAN For Samuel Beckett  KAIROS

This is a single track, only 99 cents on eMu. There are some interesting things left on the Kairos label, if you have a taste for modern classical.
    ^^ Thanks !
    Interesting information, I am almost certain that Kairos vanished a long time ago.
    - Now I'm not so sure . . .
    And even more interesting is that it has been updated recently  (july 1.) with new 2020 releases.

ETA: I bought this album in 2015, now it is back as a 2020 release.
    Needless to say that it is not in my Emu library.