What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• edited January 2021

**********************************************************************************************
    Magnus Lindberg Related Rocks Clarinet Quintet
    Related Rocks, Clarinet Quintet
    Megadisc Classics, April 1, 2008
  • edited January 2021
    “Diesel and Dust” by Midnight Oil, one of Australia’s top rock groups of the last 50 years.

• Bad Company
    Bad Company are a 1970s British hard rock, blues-rock group fronted by Paul “The Voice” Rodgers. Their name came from a ‘70s Western movie and they were formed by former members of Mott the Hoople, Free, and King Crimson.

1975                           Straight Shooter
  • Ben Sidran

1974                     Don't Let Go                            1976                Free In America

1977                  The Doctor Is In                         1978                Live At Montreux

1978             A Little Kiss In The Night                 1979              The Cat And The Hat 
  • edited January 2021
    Last chance . . . this will be gone by tomorrow along with the rest of the online

Here's Nels Cline and Yuka C. Honda's mindblowing performance from the latest Bang on a Can Marathon online event:
    The thing Yuka is operating is a Yamaha TENORI-ON

ETA: and this:
    Christopher Cerrone - Liminal Highway

Terry Riley LIVE at the Bang on a Can Marathon 2020
    - Bump !
    It's still possible to stream these historical events . . .
  • Big Star

2005                                  In Space
  • The Bird And The Bee

2006                The Bird And The Bee                   2008       Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future

2010    Interpreting The Masters Volume 1         2015                Recreational Love
             A Tribute To Daryl Hall And John Oates 
  • edited January 2021
    Bjorn Rohde

2013                  Forgotten Hearts                        2014                 Landscape Of Souls
    ps-Thanks to @Germanprof, I quite enjoyed this after finally getting to it.
       - and still nyp
  • edited January 2021
    Two of my dear friends from way back when I lived in Copenhagen is brewing with an album as TIN & ELISHA, Ole Hansen and Ann Westergaard and with assistance by Kenneth Agerholm (New Jungle Orchestra)
    Here is a most brilliant taster:
    I think I have convinced them to "go Bandcamp" with the album, so I'm sure there will be much more about this in the near future
  • edited January 2021
    Swinging sixties "cool". Jools Driscoll + Brian Auger & The Trinity (see my post over in "Favourite Rock Albums from the late 60s and early 70s").

• edited January 2021
    Just finished:
    Hi Voltage - Wikipedia
    Hank Mobley - "Hi Voltage"

Now Playing:
    Turkish Women at the Bath by Pete La Roca Album 32 Jazz 32052 Reviews  Ratings Credits Song list - Rate Your Music
    Pete La Roca Sims - "Turkish Women at the Bath"
    John Gilmore (of Sun Ra's Arkestra) and Chick Corea are excellent on sax and piano, but Walter Booker's contribution on bass might be the highlight.
    I just love how moody this album is, even when it sparks up from a burning ember to a wild conflagration.
  • @jonahpwll:

If you come across this album, it is the exact same one as that La Roca one, so don't be fooled by it. Great album too! I played the hell out of it beginning around '73. Also, when jazz fans were wanting a re-release of his album Basra a dozen or so years ago, La Roca refused to re-release it because of the ongoing Iraq war.

• Brian Auger 

1973-75          Brian Auger's Oblivion Express
     1970                   Brian Auger & The Trinity

Ps - That reminds me - Happiness Is Just Around the Bend - starting Jan. 20th.

• Blaze Foley

2011                                   Duct Tape Messiah (OST)

2000                                  Blaze Foley Inside: BFI Three

One of the saddest songs I know - If I Could Only Fly
  • My vinyl has some bad scratches but I was able to replace it some years ago with the deluxe set.
    Blind Faith

1969                                                          Blind Faith
  • Kit Monteith - Audio​-​Cartographic Experiments Vol. #1: Rise & Fall

Recorded almost entirely on an iPhone 6s, Monteith's debut solo album is designed to be listened to in a single sitting, it’s 23 tracks blending continuously to unfurl the story of a unique journey around the world.

Monteith performs as a percussionist with the band Foals and he composed and recorded this album during their 2019 world tour. In each of the cities the band performed he would make field recordings of the spaces and streets they visited, whilst on each flight composing musical pieces on his phone. When ordered together these two elements conspire to form an Audio-Cartographic record of an extraordinary journey. A world tour with one of the biggest modern bands, sonically reimagined to capture and explain its strange blur of sensations; the aches, pains, loneliness & exhilaration of endless travel along with the glimmers of truth & euphoria found hidden amongst it all.

Field Recordings:

2. Mexico City mangos
    4. US West Coast: Seattle fish market,
    Oakland ice rink, LA hotel protest
    6. South America: the streets of Bogota,
    Buenos Aires & Sao Paulo.
    8. US East Coast: New York Bouncer, Boston street
    drummers, Detroit bookstore, Milwaukee basketball
    stadium, Washington 2am street corner,
    Atlanta bird & Kansas City train
    10. Europe: Hamburg clock chime, Berlin
    storm, Barcelona art gallery
    12. New Zealand: Auckland street
    crossing, Birds at dusk,
    Hare Krishna street dancers
    14. Australia: Sydney Botanical Gardens,
    Byron Bay after show party
    16. Oxford: Opening birthday presents
    with my family
    18. Bangkok archery range & street
    market, Osaka Cicadas, Thai aeroplane
    announcement
    20. Ukrainian art installation,
    The streets of Kiev, Moscow Train
    Station, Train to St Petersburg
    22. A final taxi ride
  • rostasi said:
    @jonahpwll:

If you come across this album, it is the exact same one as that La Roca one, so don't be fooled by it. Great album too! I played the hell out of it beginning around '73. Also, when jazz fans were wanting a re-release of his album Basra a dozen or so years ago, La Roca refused to re-release it because of the ongoing Iraq war.

Lol @rostasi thanks for the warning.  The story around the Corea/Sims sleight-of-hand is a minor legend on the various music forums.  It's no wonder he decided to just go drive a cab for awhile and take a break from being a full-time musician.

• Akira Sakata - "赤とんぼ "
    This will be the best thing you hear all day:  https://akirasakata1.bandcamp.com/album/aka-tombo

• edited January 2021
    Blackstreet

1996                    Another Level

No Diggity
  • Boogie Down Productions

1988                 By All Means Necessary               1989   Ghetto Music: The Blueprint Of Hip Hop

1992                Sex And Violence
  • Oglashennyye Izydite  Orgia Pravednikov  Progshine Records

Orgia Pravednikov - Oglashennyye Izydite (Progshine, 2001). From the ProgArchive:

As far as their musical style(s) go, a casual listener might describe them as a mixture of folk and metal -- but such a description just won't do them justice, because they're much more than that: first of all, just the scope of 'folk' ingredient they're incorporating in their music is wider then your average folk (or progressive folk) band: they're using elements of Russian, Chinese, Arabian, Italian, Scandinavian music - and much more. As far as the 'rock' influences go, you will find everything from funk to hard rock to heavy metal to progressive rock (KING CRIMSON, AQUARIUM). If I mention they're also using elements of classical music (romance, baroque, Russian symphonic) as well as jazz/fusion ingredients, this analysis will become quite pointless.
  • edited January 2021
    released January 16, 2021
    ****************************************************************************************
    Impulse - filterbank - sinewave osc - ring modulator combination.
    @rolandkuit - Kyma
  • This weeks Cuneiform five:

Recommended !

• edited January 2021
    Today, from Cuneiform:
    Fans!
    Followers!
    Friends of the Obelisk!
    We wanted to let you know that the puny human found two additional tracks from the Bremen show partially featured on VON ZAMLA "1983" and has added them to this release!
    cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/1983
    IF you already own this album, these two tracks are now part of your album and can be streamed or downloaded as you wish.
    IF you don't already own this album, this fabulous release just got 12 minutes better.

Michel Berckmans Bassoon, Oboe
    Eino Haapala Guitar
    Lars Hollmer Piano, Organ, Korg, Accordion
    Hans Loelv Piano, Organ, Korg, Melodica
    Wolfgang Salomon Bass
    Mårten Tiselius Drums
  • Well, his 1969 album introduced me to Duane Allman & thus The Allman Brothers Band, which I'm forever grateful.
    Boz Scaggs

1969                     Boz Scaggs                            1971                Boz Scaggs & Band

1971                      Moments                               1972                      My Time

Loan Me A Dime 

•    
    1974                     Slow Dancer                           1976                     Silk Degrees

1977              Down Two Then Left                       1980                    Middle Man
  • BLK JKS

2008                                           Mystery EP
  • Bedouin Soundclash

2007                            Street Gospels
This discussion has been closed.