What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• Bim Sherman

1997                 It Must Be A Dream                       Tribulation - Down In Jamdown 1974 To 1979

• Kind of creepy, in a mellow kind of a way.
  • This weeks Cuneiform five:

Recommended !

- And the brilliant bassplayer alone:
    httpsf4bcbitscomimg0019701078_10jpg
  • The Blues Project (originally Al KooperAndy KulbergDanny KalbDonald Kretmar
                                                     Roy BlumenfeldSteve KatzTommy Flanders)

1966                     Projections                             1972                 Blues Project
  • edited January 2021
    Blondie Chaplin

1977                   Blondie Chaplin                         2006                     Between Us
    Biography
    Born
    7 July 1951 (age 68)

Born In
    Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

Terence William 'Blondie' Chaplin (born 7 July 1951) is a musician from Durban, South Africa who first became known to international audiences through his brief stint in the early 1970s as a singer and guitarist for the Beach Boys. Chaplin was also listed as a co-producer, sang lead vocals with fellow South African musician Ricky Fataar (drummer) and composed, with Fataar, "Here She Comes" and "Hold On Dear Brother" on the twenty-third official Beach Boys album, "Carl and the Passions - 'So Tough'", released in 1972. He is well known in recent years as a long term backing vocalist and acoustic rhythm guitarist for the Rolling Stones.

Blondie Chaplin, along with drummer Ricky Fataar, joined the Beach Boys when original drummer Dennis Wilson suffered a hand injury which left him unable to play the drums for almost two years. For the Beach Boys, it was a period in which long-time member Bruce Johnston had departed the band, and one-time leader Brian Wilson's participation in the group was very limited. As a result, Chaplin and Fataar joined the Beach Boys as full-fledged members and not merely as backing musicians. Chaplin left the group in 1973 after a dispute with the Beach Boys' management; Fataar remained with the band until the following year.

Both Chaplin and Fataar were members of South African rock band the Flame before joining The Beach Boys. The Flame were discovered by Beach Boy Carl Wilson while performing in London. Wilson signed the band to the Beach Boys' Brother Records label and produced their self-titled album which featured soulful rock/pop songs in the vein of The Beach Boys and Badfinger. The Flame were the only band aside from The Beach Boys to record for Brother Records.

Chaplin sang lead on at least three Beach Boys songs, "Sail On, Sailor," "Leaving This Town" and "Funky Pretty" (all from the 1973 album Holland). During the late 1980s Chaplin toured with The Band, replacing some of Richard Manuel's vocals and playing guitar. Chaplin was also a featured player in former Byrds men Gene Clark and Michael Clarke's new band, titled "The 20th Anniversary Celebration of the Byrds". Chaplin then appeared on the Jennifer Warnes albums The Hunter and The Well. Since the late 1990s and the Bridges to Babylon Tour, Chaplin has been a backing vocalist and occasional guitar player for The Rolling Stones.

Chaplin has released three solo albums, most recently Between Us in 2006.

• The Big Sleep

2008                                              Sleep Forever

• released January 18, 2021

• Blonde Redhead

2007                                      23
  • Bloc Party

2004                       Silent Alarm                           2007                   A Weekend In The City
  • Well, I must say that I recommend retirement wholeheartedly. Spending some time with the vinyl certainly has made this co-vid shut-in most pleasant. It's also re-inforced my connection to the vinyl that I can't seem to get with the music I've downloaded, in most cases. It's like, I can't remember where I got his ...A...Lover reissue release from, apparently sometime after 1994 and before 2017, but I can remember everything about & Company. I got it in Jr. High at Jaffe's with my paper route money for $1.75 priced in grease pencil on the back cover(the way he priced everything). It's reminded me of lots of shops I've visited. I always appreciated the shops that put their stamp on the inside of the sleeve or provided those slick album protecters like Peter Dunn's Vinyl Museum in Toronto did (my one visit had to include some time for flipping through some shops). At any rate, Bo & Company has been played on many different turntables since then and I still remember spotting that flashy cover as I fingered through the albums and the anticipation of that first listen. Of course, when you're young and don't own a lot of records it was much easier to get to know them better.  Thanks to Mr Jaffe for the introductions.
    Bo Diddley

1961        Bo Diddley Is A... Lover                        1962             Bo Diddley & company

Ps- I see Emusic has versions of their early releases.
  • I've steered my "Random Radio" from Mixcloud to JQBX starting this evening.
    Basically, it's a jukebox that uses Spotify. I think you can freely listen,
    but to join along and play stuff, you need Spotify Premium.

🅡ɐȵ⒟ȭᵯ Ȑǡȡȋ𝕺:

https://tinyurl.com/RandomRadio2021

• Buffalo Springfield

1967                      Buffalo Springfield Again
    Buffalo Springfield Again is the second album by Buffalo Springfield, released on Atco Records in November 1967. It peaked at #44 on the Billboard 200. In 2003, the album was ranked number 188 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. The album was included in Robert Dimery's 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.
  • Buckingham Nicks

1973                         Buckingham Nicks
  • McKendree Spring “Second Thoughts” and “Live at the Beachland Ballroom”.

• Mechanical Butterfly s/t Album

• Men at Work “Business as Usual” with that true blue Aussie anthem “Down Under”

• edited January 2021
    ^^ more folks to keep an ear out for. 
    Then came the '80s...
    Blancmange

1983                    Happy Families                        1984                    Mange Tout

1985                   Believe You Me

• edited January 2021

The Electric Weasel Ensemble - Live at KTEH Studios (Edit1)
    The Electric Weasel Ensemble was formed in 1974 by Allen Strange (Music Easel & 200 System), Pat Strange (Music Easel, violin) and Donald Buchla (200 and 300 Buchla System). These three musicians were experienced in various aspects of music for electric instruments and wished to collaborate in the exploration and creation of new musics from this media. In 1976 the core of the ensemble was expanded to include David Morse (Music Easel, violin) and Stephen Ruppenthal (Music Easel, trumpet, bell tree). The Paris concert at the Centre Cultural Americain featured the poet Bernard Heidsieck’s Spoken Words. Stephen is currently producing a multi-volume retrospective of live and studio performances by the Electric Weasel Ensemble.

• rostasi said:

Is this a growing trend on BC? That's twice this week I've seen a silly d/l price, as though they only want you to stream. It could be a mistake but nah surely not?

• Very strange. Each release on the label is priced like that for some reason.
  • Big Joe Williams

2001                          Absolutely The Best
  • Blossom Dearie

1964                   May I Come In?                          1979         Needlepoint Magic, Volume V

This discussion has been closed.