What are you listening to right now? (Twenty Million Things [We'd Like to Do when COVID is over])

Comments

• Oluyemi Thomas - bass clarinet, flute, soprano, musette, percussion
    Sirone - bass
    Michael Wimberly - drums, percussion

• It's been a pretty mixed morning here at the Brockley Bunker.

• "English Electric: Full Power" by Big Big Train

Part One rated by ProgArchives as No.2 album for 2012.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=42787
  • Kind of Blue - 1

I heard about 15 -20 seconds of So What on a TV programme we watched last night. It had to be my first play of the day!
  • her latest...

• edited July 2021
    "Lady Lake" 1972 album by Gnidrolog.

A heady mix of Prog Rock, Jazz Rock, Psychedelic Folk and even a bit of Hard Rock.

A must listen for those into 1960s/70s Prog Rock. 

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=138

• Dimanche A Bamako

I used to listen to West African music fairly regularly, but not so in the last couple of years or so. So over the next few days I'm going to go back to playing some again
  • edited July 2021
    Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

You know when you get an ear worm and a song sticks in your mind for days. Not my usual listening and not a usual song for emusers either. Lowlife will totally understand, and may have the same ear worm!!

This song has become the anthem for the England football team. It is the line "Good times never seemed so good, so good" that gets the team and the fans going after the game. If we/England win Euro 2020 on Sunday evening, I can see this going close to the top of the singles/download charts in England next week!
  • Laura Mvula - Pink Noise

Greg cant even think about Sunday, emotions are just about in check.
  • Somewhat unbelievably, given my tastes in new music back in 1993, my first ever listen.

• edited July 2021
    Lowlife - I know what you mean!! I'm old enough to remember 1966, but I don't remember media frenzy then. I just hope it doesn't revolve around a dubious decision. 

I'm currently playing a playlist of music on my iPhone that I haven't played in the last year. It throws up some interesting connections. John Coltrane, followed by the Rolling Stones, then a George Harrison track, ext up Miles Davis, followed by Bruce Springsteen for example!
  • Sankofa by Amaro Freitas

New and lovely from the young Brazilian pianist

• edited July 2021

• ^^^Great fun for this ever so important Sunday morning^^^ Thanks for the heads up @rostasi B)
  • I was reminded of this all time sleaze classic Bacon Fat that Zappa once covered.

• edited July 2021
    djh said:
    ^^^Great fun for this ever so important Sunday morning^^^ Thanks for the heads up @rostasi B)
    You’re welcome! I usually provide a link, but sometimes I think that nobody else would really be interested, but I get surprised! The “Stag-o-Lee” series is fun. There are, I think, six titles.

• This tests my patience for Wilson in flat out plaintive mode.
  • I think we said we'd move this thread on to 21 part way through the year to get in sync with the year number. Any bids for the naming rights to thread 21?
  • "21st Century Schizoid Man"!!??
This discussion has been closed.