Sad news

https://www.facebook.com/150485424978771/posts/4644481835579085/

Det er med sorg, at vi har fået at vide, at én af vores udstillere gennem mange år, Ib Norstrand er afgået ved døden, efter kort tids sygdom😥
Ib vil blive savnet for sin hjælpsomhed og sit utroligt gode humør - på alle messer i fremtiden.
Vores tanker går til de efterladte pårørende.
RIP Ib Norstrand.
Sonja og Claus

It is with sadness that we have been told that one of our exhibitors for many years, Ib Norstrand, has passed away, after a short illness 😥
Ib will be missed for his helpfulness and his incredibly good mood - at all fairs in the future.
Our thoughts go to the bereaved relatives.
RIP Ib Norstrand.
Sonja and Claus

Sorry, BT

Comments

• Thanks BT. Incredibly sad indeed. This place will never be the same...He contributed an awful lot of fun and good (if occasionally off the wall!) music
  • edited August 2021
    Thanks, BT. All signs suggested this might be the case, but it is sad to have confirmation. (For any who don’t know, Ib = Brighternow.) He contributed a lot to many of us here.
  • Sad news indeed. He'll definitely be missed.
  • edited August 2021
    Very sad news, I will miss him, for many years one of the mainstays of this board
  • edited August 2021
    From that FB post, it sounds like he spread the same friendliness to other venues that he brought to emusers.  I'll really miss his presence here on this site.
    Thanks to everyone who attempted to learn more information over these past days.  That could not have been an enjoyable task.
  • Very sad indeed. I didn't have the same level of contact with Brighternow as the rest of you but he pointed me to some fabulous music for which I'm most grateful.
  • Wow. I'm kind of in denial now. This just doesn't seem possible in so many ways. Pictures I now see online show him at maybe in his 40s? Now, I wonder about the "short illness" that he had.

I have to say that as I peek in on other music forums, I'm continually reminded of how both creative and civil the bunch of you really are around here - and that definitely included our friend Ib as Brighternow. One forum completely got rid of their "politics" section (why it was there in the first place, I don't know) because of all of the nastiness ... and another forum that has the word "music" in it actually spends the majority of its time (at least 80%) coddling mentally ill members.

But here, you could find Brighternow digging out not only obscure experimental releases, but newly (re)released ones at that - showing that there is still an enormous amount of quality creative work being done and willingly presented these days. I feel in some way that I need to take up the mantle now and fill that void he's leaving - if at all possible.

I still can't believe this.

I'll miss him. 
  • So sorry to read about his passing. He was a very helpful guy and a wonderful source of information. My best wishes to all friends and family.
  • Wow. I'm kind of in denial now. This just doesn't seem possible in so many ways. Pictures I now see online show him at maybe in his 40s? Now, I wonder about the "short illness" that he had.

I think Brighternow was similar in age to me - I'm 70 - or slightly younger by the music he talked about in the 1960s, still no age though. Although we had different musical tastes, I still appreciated the expertise he brought to his comments and learned a lot. I will miss him here

• Such sad news.
  • edited August 2021
    I’m pretty surprised if he really was older than mid-50s actually.
    I know people younger than me who carry on about the 60s
    in a manner as if they were really a part of it just thru their
    general knowledge of it - especially if they had parents
    that were of an influence in this direction. Still, I’ve actually
    seen so much about him now while gently perusing the
    online drift of his life: a couple of pictures of him, his work …
    even his house and phone number and yet it was music
    that’s the bond, I suppose, for all of us on this forum.
    Plus, I really thought I was the oldest here. 😁
  • Thats terrible news, will be missed by all here, sent me musically to some places I would never had gone to.
  • Lowlife said:
    Thats terrible news, will be missed by all here, sent me musically to some places I would never had gone to.

Brighternow's posts on that New & Notable Releases thread were essential reading for me.  Intro'd me to some wonderful music I wouldn't have otherwise stumbled upon.
  • jonahpwll said:
     Intro'd me to some wonderful music I wouldn't have otherwise stumbled upon.
    Brighternow intro’ ing was a big part of my introduction to this board. My first post was December 2010, and he (along with you) was one of the first to reply with useful suggestions. https://emusers.net/forum/discussion/1001/evan-marc-bluetech-invisible-allies#latest
    I have no idea how many other titles in my collection came from him, but it’s quite a lot.