Amie Street Bought by Amazon

Comments

• It's up, but each time I try and cash a REC it just causes an error.

At least I can look for things to purchase later.

Craig
  • Frustratingly I can't add and remove things from my cart. I was able to d/l my recent purchases and copy my history - so that's 2 things done.
  • Same here Craig.
  • edited September 2010
    >>>>
    .... like the first track King of the Willow Tree from Sofia Talvik's Acoustic Florida being only 0:17 seconds long
    >>>>

BigD, I just checked my version and while there is a glitch at the 0:17 mark... like the song stops and then starts all over again, the whole song exists. I only recently downloaded it... within the last week and a half or so.

I seem to remember that this was one of the albums that had some weird issue when downloading as I had two zip files for it when I went back to unzip everything that I had downloaded. I would suggest trying to redownload the 1 song or possibly the entire album to see if they don't have a better copy now available and just didn't bother to tell anyone.

Doofy,
    I've got the pavement album too... again I only got around to downloading it a week or two ago. I'm not sure if my copy is glitchy or not. If I get a chance I'll check it out.
  • @cafreema - rec cashing and purchasing are down for me. Downloads just are not starting. I have 14 albums to download, $15 or so to spend, and $61 still tied up in rec'ing. At this point, I'd settle for the downloads, since the money in my account isn't real money.
  • GAME ON!

Made three quick pick-ups: Hitchcock's Spooked, Bardo Pond's Lapsed, and Tania Leon's Indigena.
  • edited September 2010
    I'm debating about BP's Set and Setting - the only one on there I don't own. Saw them play Mercury Lounge back in the late 90s (I think). Oneida opened. Now that was a stoner show.

I've been cashing out all my recs and managed to make another purchase.

@Bad Thoughts - Get Dilate if you don't have it. My personal fave of theirs.
  • Thanks ... got Dilate at eMu last year ... I actually like Aminata better.

I've cashed out all the 1:2 recs--all the one's that weren't rec'd at 0 cents. I'll see if the others generate any extra credit, particularly the four I have on Interpol.
  • edited September 2010
    Finally got some business done - several albums on Hightone - Dave Alvin, Buddy Miller, Joe Louis Walker - and a Motorhead album, Motorizer, that I've had on the eMu SFL for a long time. Can't DL at work though, so hope we's still running tonight. Want to get some Iron Maiden fill-ins too, but I don't want to duplicate anything.

Oh, and I had picked up The King of the Willow Tree track over at eMu, since I figured I could splurge since it had been a cookie thang in the first place.
  • They really needed a "Cash Out All" button. Thankfully I cashed out a bunch a few weeks ago, so that didn't take as long as it could have. I'm now cashed out on all of them (except the "Pony Whinny" soundeffect that never did earn me any cash....), and it's time to shop.

Craig
  • Cashed out everything (except for 4 that turned to freebie right away), but I can't make purchases right now. Thankfully the cart is working again, so I'm just adding and subtracting things and will hopefully get to a point that I can just "Buy All" when it's working.
  • edited September 2010
    What did everybody get back from lunch at once? Got the blank white page again on an artist page.

"Legs in the air, legs in the air,
    Lying like a clock with my legs in the air."

Gregor Samsa experienced a miraculous resurrection, and then went belly-up again. Positively Kafkaesque.
  • Well, that was fast. Down again. Second on a cash out all button. This is going to take forever.
  • If you keep at it, it will go through. Just may take a couple tries.

I'm now down to $0.38 and have purchased:

Belleruche - Turntable Soul Music
    Nostalgia 77 - Songs For My Funeral
    Steve Reich - Another Look at Counterpoint
    Terry Riley - The Padova Concert
    Fela Kuti - Na Poi

Now I just have to hope they download later.

Anyone have ideas on what I can spent $0.38 on?

Craig
  • I received this email from CS this afternoon:

"If you would like, after September 22 we can process a refund of your eligible credit to the e-mail you have on-file via paypal. Please be aware, though, that your eligible credit only includes credit you have purchased in the last sixth months and does not include any discounts, bonus credit, or Rec "cash-outs." "

Since I have not been able to buy or cash out today, I wondered if cash-outs are canceled, and that money obtained with cash-out cannot be used to buy anything. That might be the cynical paranoid kinda guy I am, but if I were in charge, I would have figured out that people like me (and you) are draining all the remaining cash from the company one free download at a time.....

Meanwhile, all the stuff I purchased this morning is downloading at a pretty decent pace, considering the mess over the last few days.
  • The only reason I don't think cash-outs are cancelled is that I was able to get almost $28 today. If they were going to do that, I'm sure they would have taken care of it during the initial downtime.

Of course now I'm even more bummed about them shutting down. I updated my calculation - average REC got me 42.5 cents (my very last rec was on the new Weepies album and got me 98 cents), average cost per mp3 was 35 cents/dollar. Damn.
  • >>>>
    Anyone have ideas on what I can spent $0.38 on?
    >>>>

You can spend $0.13 of it on Ugly Roses - Devils Wielding Scimitars.
  • edited September 2010
    @Craig - Since you had a Tru Thoughts thing going I'll rec "Community Service Announcement" by Kylie Auldist or Me & You's cover of "Brown Paper Bag" (the latter I still have to buy).
  • Actually about a half hour ago I grabbed an El-P track for $0.34. Thanks for the recs, though, luddite and thom!

Craig
  • Some class from Amie in the waning days: I was refunded the full amount for (what was called) Workers' Playtime.
  • Has anyone been able to purchase in the last 24 hours? I purchased a dozen albums yesterday morning, but have not been able to since. I think that all my account money is cashed-out recs, which may not be used for purchases anymore. But no one has actually told me that.
  • Plong, after many attempts, I did finally succeed in buying an album with REC money last night. So it's possible, if not easy. I did succeed in DL'ing several previously purchased albums

It was this lovely baroque album on Naxos, for a little over a buck. Kinda makes me wish I'd gone in and picked more cheap Naxos when I had the chance...
  • >It was this lovely baroque album on Naxos

I already bought that, and it is indeed lovely. I will be more persistent, I assume you just kept hitting "try again"?
  • I will be more persistent, I assume you just kept hitting "try again"?
    I think the purchases broke down overnight. I've been trying to use up my final credit, all in my cart, since 7 am.
  • I've been trying to purchase since 3AM central. No joy. This is fun, no?
  • I made all my purchases yesterday afternoon and was able to download last night.

The Fela Kuti album took for-frickin'-ever to download, though. It is six and a half hours long, but still.

Oh, and thom, you are completely right about the Belleruche album. Fantastic.

Craig
  • Plong, don't remember if I "tried again" or refreshed the whole page. Subsequent (last few) purchase attempts have failed, however. DLs are going swell this morning.
  • I'm holding out for a few days before cashing my rec and downloading since everyone and their brother is probably trying to panic buy right now. With $120 worth of RECs to try to cash in (probably about 450 sings)

I should probably dump the rest of my REcs on stuff now, and cash in next week.
  • edited September 2010
    Was able to purchase yesterday afternoon, which I was able to download last night, along with the backlogged stuff, but not able to purchase last night or today, and FWIW my balance is mixed real credit/cash out. Was able to cash out Recs last night and this AM. I did make a whopping several pennies on Recs from yesterday - woohoo!
  • I cashed out all my RECs last night, but I still have 375 unused RECs and no idea what to do with them. I was able to make several purchases yesterday but none have gone through today.