On Sale

Comments

• @BDB, I've been applying exactly the same logic - if I don't want it with the booster, it gets deleted. It's cleared out a bunch of stuff.
  • By the way, the Emu booster pack sale is still in effect even though it was supposed to end in September. I'm loading up on some Pet Shop Boys as research for an upcoming concert.
  • glad to know that "supposed to" is still part of eMu. ;)
  • "Research?" Should we call boosters "grants" and subscriptions "fellowships"?
  • edited October 2013
    "Supposed to", yeah, that's the ticket - cool, I've been happily filling in some back catalog........

A good time to rec that Joe Pass Capitol Vault box. I already had it, but if I didn't......
  • This week on 7Digital Lorde Pure Heroine for $5. See that Amazon?
  • Just wanted to pass on something - if anyone has some eMu booster change jostling around their pocket and wants some blues, check out the Black Top label. There's 120 albums, mostly 80's and 90's albums - I was looking to see if there were any I had on cassette to update - and while mostly short time wise as per their vintage, they haven't been jacked up in price, making them a very good 50% type deal. There are a lot of fine artists there, and some really good comp albums, as well as the live Blues-a-rama series. I just picked up a Maria Muldaur, a Solomon Burke, and Henry Butler, a really good piano player. Highly rec Ronnie Earl, Snooks Eaglin, Anson Funderburgh, bur there's really not anyone who's not good there.
  • Over on 7digital, the new Of Montreal album, Lousy with Sylvianbriar is $5.
  • From Lowercase Noises:
    One year ago today I quit my full-time job to do music.

It was a huge leap of faith and I can't believe I've been able to live my dream for an entire year now. This has, without a doubt, been the best year of my entire life.

I want to celebrate today and give back to you a little bit. Because without you and your support I would not be able to do this! It's because of you that I get to do what I love and feed my family doing it, and I don't take that for granted at all.

So for today only, all digital downloads are $0 minimum. Missing any albums? Well, have at it today.
  • For the next 48 hours, you can get a 50% discount on any digital download purchased via Low Point's Bandcamp store.

To claim the discount, simply follow these steps;

1. Head to the Low Point Bandcamp store - http://lowpoint.bandcamp.com 2. Go to the page for the Low Point release(s) you'd like to purchase and click 'Buy Now'
    3. A new window will open and underneath the quantity & price info, there will be a link which says 'Have a discount code?'
    3. Click on that and then enter;
    lpxmas13
    and then click 'apply'
  • For first 2 weeks of January, 50% off sale at Gizeh Records. I think I already have everything I'd want, but there are some good things there. Fieldhead is worth checking out, and Farewell Poetry are excellent.
  • There's also a few 100 % off:
    http://gizehrecords.limitedrun.com/categories/free-downloads

- Not that I know any of them.
  • Of those free ones, the Fieldhead album was a keeper for me - worth listening to; ambient/electronic with strings. I like Detwiije as well - post-rock The sampler has some good things. The Rustle of the Stars is good. I tried to like a couple of Glissando albums and in the end failed; your mileage may vary.
  • Jazz loft is still ratcheting up the discounts in its closing down sale. CDs are now 40% off.
  • Enter coupon code LOVE2014 for 50% off at Ubiquity Records online shop until Feb 19. ubiquityrecords.com
  • edited February 2014
    7digital: Amazing trumpeter Peter Evans' recent trio album Zebulon for $3.96.

cover_400_zebulon.jpg
  • Insound is running a sale:

10% Off Storewide Sale! Use coupon code: febsale10 (Sale runs through 2/27)

Most things would have been cheaper this past weekend on Amoeba with their 15% off and free shipping but I, of course, forgot to place my order. But currently Insound is still running their St. Vincent bundle and I was able to use the discount!
  • edited March 2014
    The closing down sale at jazzloft.com (which does not only carry jazz) is down to final reductions of 50% on remaining CDs. I think vinyl is 30%.
  • Emu is doing another booster pack sale (doubles the credit you purchase).
  • That eMu sale is good stuff - Double yr money even at $5 or $10
  • €music:
    € 15,00 gives € 4,00 bonus
    € 50,00 gives € 15,00 bonus
    That's it for Europe, It doesn't take my breath away . . .
  • Awesome - love those 2-for-1s. Might go for 2 $50s, think that's what happened last time. I'll start with one, see how fast it goes.
  • edited March 2014
    Yep Rock has a sale running for the next few days .I just ordered a 5-CD Robyn Hitchcock box for $19.99. A couple other items at various prices, including a couple a couple Paul Weller sets, Reverend Horton Heat, Dave Alvin and Tift Merritt.

EDIT - Dang - I forget how to create the link. Sorry.
  • edited March 2014
    You have to use "url" as the tag descriptor, not "http."

Good choice on Luminous Groove, by the way! (Not to be confused with "Luminous," the new Horrors album, which some people are saying is "groovy.")
  • Thanks ScissorMan. Hopefully I'll remember that next time. Doubtful, but hopefully.
  • Both of the Hitchcock sets are great (although only the one is on sale). I'd be upset over the price, but I got them for around 20 bucks each back when Borders was going out of business.
  • edited May 2014
    SEM label is closing down. CDs are EUR 5, those that are not sold out. A number of downloads are free.
  • It's a sad way to get music cheaply, GP, but I appreciate the chance of trying some of their output.
  • Google Play is current pricing Clean Feed records by track, so low-number-track albums are cheap. E.g. a $2 bargain: Tim Berne's Insomnia. Rdio's listings offer a pretty easy way to browse for track totals.