eMusic and Triplay Free Cloud Storage

Comments

• Well, they seem to have finally let me back in. And My Music even loads for me, though so far it is only pre-populated with two tracks of an album I never bought. I am experimenting with uploading an album and it seems to work but is painfully slow. Still, according to Jamie on the message board next week it is supposed to populate with any of our past purchases that are still carried by emusic.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm in, and seeing a couple of free daily DLs from this week.  At least for these freebies, you can play but not DL, disappointingly

Eta, just for a larf, I uploaded an album.  It worked...took ~20 min. The player works.  You can make playlists (which are sync'd across all your devices, zowie).  Sorting looks limited, in particular, no genres.
  • Site's back up for me; gotta burn that credit!
  • Apparently if you upload an album emusic doesn't have it adds random album art from some other album...
  • I have tried tweeting @emusichelps and sent an email to customer service. No luck on either. Tried resetting my password, I get an error message when I click the emailed reset link. Not good....

On the other hand, I now have 42,226 songs in my iTunes Match. 
  • I am still locked out of eMusic....anyone else unable to log-in? I have sent a couple of emails and one DM on twitter with no result. 
  • I have just today got back in, 3 emails to support desk and a couple of digs on the messageboard. At least I got an extended finish to the month. I could also download music
  • I should check that gmail account more often, but here is the form letter

eMusic Customer Service replied:
    Hello eMusic Customer,

We sincerely apologize for this form letter, however we have had a large influx of email which has been more than our Customer Service staff have been able to handle. We did not wish to delay any further with a reply, so again please forgive this form letter.

Last week, we at eMusic rolled out a much anticipated Cloud feature, as well as doing some updates on our back-end.

Unfortunately, this did not go smoothly, and many members’ accounts were affected. We saw issues with account statuses, issues with downloading, issues logging into accounts, and so on.

Our tech team has been working hard to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Some of you have contacted us already to note that your issue has been resolved. Some of you will still have issues which our tech team is still working to resolve.

If your issue has been resolved, you do not have to reply to this email. If you reached out again and let us know the issue was resolved, we thank you very much for doing so.

If your issue has not yet been resolved, please note that our tech team is aware of the issues still unresolved and they are working to resolve them as soon as possible. If you do need more assistance, please reply back to this email.

If you were trying to contact us regarding some other matter, please do reply back to this email.

Once again we sincerely apologize for any frustrations and inconvenience that arose from this past week. We also apologize again for any delay in getting back to you, and we thank you for being an eMusic member.

Mike

eMusic Senior Manager
  • Sorry, our site is temporarily unavailable
    due to scheduled maintenance.

- Hmmm ? . . . I almost feel sorry for them.
  • I still get nothing from them...
  • Well, after days of nothing, then one album in the db (my most recent download - Miho Hazama's Time River), today they seem to have matched up all of my purchases that they still own. It's hard to tell, since navigating is still something of a problem (only loads a few albums at a time - search by artist includes single tunes from artists on compilation albums. It's a start, but unsure how much I'd use it. I'm investing in an NAS that will hopefully help me get all my music content in one place that will be semi-easy to use (easier than triplay in this instance). 
  • edited December 2015
    @Plong42, I sent them a message every day on Twitter saying "still can't log in" and after 3 days they fixed it. Might be coincidence (for all I know they are working through 10,000 broken accounts alphabetically) but it might be worth a try. From the specific range of problems people seem to be reporting over on the other board it seems as if maybe merging the accounts data of the two companies is what has messed up a load of accounts; lots of the problems are with getting billed incorrectly or at the wrong time or not at all. (Someone today notes that their payment for an annual subscription is renewing monthly - ouch!)
  • My Music has now populated for me. Here's the weird thing: basic as it is in some ways, I can actually see myself using this more than spotify et al. I basically use spotify for checking things out before buying them, and that will continue. But for listening, I have a huge collection of music that I like, most of it bought on emusic; a large percentage of the rest of of spotify is music I don't like. And my emusic collection is large enough that I don't even remember all of it; for now at least it's kind of fun being able to play random bits of it from my workdesk.
  • I finally received a "we are working on it" email, although still cannot login. I suppose patience is required....
  • Kind of fun having all those albums there.  I am seeing many things that I'm pretty sure are not at eMu anymore - Notably including all my old Prestige/Fantasy DLs.
  • Is this cloud downloadable or stream only? If they just come out with an app that lets me download onto my phone, (like Amazon), that would convince me to stick around
  • Stream only at the moment.
  • Looks like the existing My Music Cloud app can sync music to your phone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.triplayinc.mmc&hl=en
  • edited December 2015
    Fascinating to see all (well most) of what I have downloaded from emusic over the years. There is stuff I'd forgotten that it had come from emusic. A few missing, notably Adele's 19 that I did get from them, but of course Merge is no longer stocked by emusic.
  • Mine came up the other day, it would be great if I could download some of them again. Reminds me even through they can be a real pain that it is a pretty good deal with them
  • Yes it is a good deal we get over here with our grandfathered plans, and seeing it all makes me realise how my music tastes have extended over the years with some incredible music. I'd like to redownload some again, the sound quality seemed better through my computer than when played with iTunes on the same equipment.
  • It is pretty cool feature. I had my held account renew this month, so even though I'm canceling, I could at least play around with my library. I had a hard time getting the site to let me cancel without it crashing. I was offered a month free, but the site always failed at some point before that happened. 
  • Just been messing around with My Music Cloud and discovered that the Firefox add-on Video DownloadHelper allows you to download anything you can play!
    So I've already replaced one album that only existed in a burned and then damaged CD... not sure how much other stuff I actually need to redownload, but still...
  • I am still on the outside looking in. But I noticed I was billed this morning for my next month, so at least the billing at eMu still works....!
  • @Nereffid.... interesting.  I uploaded some FLAC files a week or so ago.  They were initially all loaded as individual albums/tracks (even though they were all by the same group and from the same folder on my HD).  A day or so later I noticed that they got re-grouped and re-organized - although my original file names were kept intact.   The only reason I uploaded them was that I was wondering if I could subsequently stream FLAC files that were uploaded.  I could indeed. 

I just installed the Firefox Video DownloadHelper add-on and downloaded a couple of those tracks... apparently they were converted to .mp3 @192 kbps. 

I go to wondering if eMu/Triplay or the downloading tool did the conversion. So....

I just now downloaded something I purchased from eMu earlier tonight.   My purchase was an mp3 @ 213 kbps and the VDH file was exactly the same.   So I guess that means that the TriPlay Cloud must've converted my FLAC files to mp3 when they were uploaded.  

Another interesting note: The tags on my FLAC files that were uploaded seemed to be retained upon downloading whereas the tags of the eMu purchase were completely missing.
  • Wow, that is interesting @Nereffid. I'm sure there is some music in my emu account not in my current music library after some hard drive crashes and restoring. May want to do some digging before my account expires again. 
  • Still waiting....but this came from eMu today: "We will follow up on the status of your request on or before Wednesday, December 23."  
  • I am also back to waiting because my account did not refresh.
  • Jay ! 10 bucks on my account today, yet another courtesy credit.
  • I refreshed during my time in exile and was charged for this month. I expect they will bump all the refresh dates and hopefully throw me a pile of money to make up for the twenty days (or more if they cannot get it together!)