What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• httpsi2wpcomwwwbirdisthewormcomwp-contentuploads201504Catfish-Restraintjpgssl1

Catfish - "Restraint"

Forgot how much I enjoy this one.  I love when a forgotten favorite comes in a random shuffle of the library.

https://pjce.bandcamp.com/album/restraint

• edited November 2017

Third track from FWD19 - Jeremy Keenan 'Scripts'

'Forwind’s twentieth release sees sound artist Jeremy Keenan make his label debut with a half hour of radiant, carefully crafted electro-acoustics'

Release date: 28 September 2017

From the album "Un peu de l'âme des bandits", vinyl reissue out on Jan 26 2018

• edited November 2017
     Billedresultat for bandcamp daily 
    httpf4bcbitscomimga2800309719_14jpg
    released October 6, 2017
  • Rebirth

Time to catch up with jazz releases I missed earlier in the year. Very pretty - Inexpensive on eMu

@Brighternow Thanks for the above - One for the "How did I miss that" category!
  • edited November 2017
    Bought this a few weeks ago with a gift card. It was in my ridiculous Amazon wishlist since it came out. Enjoying it so far. 
  • edited November 2017
    flatcoverpng

Didn't realize this was out until I saw it on the Gioia list. I saw these guys earlier this year - Great return to an earlier trio format. (All 3 also on "Unfiltered Universe," above.) DL available at Rudresh's site for $2.50.
  • Doofy said:
    flatcoverpng

Didn't realize this was out until I saw it on the Gioia list. I saw these guys earlier this year - Great return to an earlier trio format. (All 3 also on "Unfiltered Universe," above.) DL available at Rudresh's site for $2.50.
    Thanks, Doofy, enjoying this!

• edited November 2017
    This deserves another listen

Ps, I just wanted to mention how much I've enjoyed listening to this and all the Michel Banabila I've heard so far. This album especially hit home as I'm spending a lot more time in it now, what with the garden sleeping for the winter. I'm not familiar with Maarten Vos but his cello and electronics worked for me. Great album for reflecting. 
    I'd like to thank Brighternow one more time for turning me on to this terrific sound artist.
  • edited November 2017
    Time for a couple more
    Michel Chion

Recorded in 1970 & 71                                  Recorded in 1973

Ps Another most interesting Michel. I first heard Michel Chion on Vol 3 of Sub Rosa's terrific series An Anthology Of Noise & Electronic Music which lead me to all sorts of exploring. It's time to use some of those booster credits and add a few more.
  • Julian Cope - Fried
  • Jens Lenkman - Life will see you now
  • This is "OVERT" album preview released this week on lovely Spekk label from Japan. spekk.net/catalog/overt.html
    Currently available only for Japan

•   
      Recorded 1985, 1972 & 1975                        Recorded 1988 - 91
      "Three works of "musique concrète" realised 
        in three different periods but on a common 
        subject: childhood."   Discogs 

Recorded 2011
    Reminds me of my Mom reminding me, "Up & Down & Side to Side" when I was little.

• edited December 2017

Dirty Projectors - Up In Hudson (Official Video)
    taken from the album 'Dirty Projectors' out now on Domino.
  • Michel Redolfi  Thanks to @Brighternow for that thread, I'll start here.

1-4 recorded in 1987                                    Recorded 1988, 1983 & 1989
    5 recorded in 1984  
  • Barenaked Ladies - Fake Nudes
  • httpsi1sndcdncomartworks-000263277683-av9lxo-t500x500jpg   
    Released by: Erototox Decodings
    Release date: 2 December 2017
  • Brahms Sonatas for Cello  Piano

Look at those young fresh faces
  • edited December 2017

Just about to start playing this; it is a Free Moon June sampler at Bandcamp so can't recommend it yet but with 25 tracks there is bound to be something I like. It was released a few months ago, but it was on this week's AAJ UK newsletter.
  • edited December 2017
    Michel Portal · Léon Francioli · Pierre Favre

Recorded live on October 3, 1980 at Lapin Vert, Lausanne/Switzerland.
    On that particular day, for just a moment - the right moment - Léon Francioli, Pierre Favre and Michel Portal possessed eternal youth - "Youth is when one doesn't know what's going to happen next" (Henri Michaux)
  • Michel WintschChristian WeberChristian Wolfarth

Recorded live at Jazzfestival Willisau 2012
  • Well, Here's to "eternal youth" (clink)
    Don CherryJohn TchicaiIrène SchweizerLéon FrancioliPierre Favre

Recorded August 30, 1980, at Jazzfestival Willisau.
    Mastered 2016.
  • edited December 2017

Julia Wolfe: Anthracite Fields - Speech

This video is the property of Danish Radio and the Danish National Vocal Ensemble, all rights reserved.

Music Performed by The Bang on a Can All-Stars: Ashley Bathgate, cello; Robert Blac, bass; Vicky Chow, piano; David Cossin, percussion, Mark Stewart, guitars; Ken Thomson, clarinets

Choir Conducted By: Ralf Chaczewsky
    Projects & Scenography: Jeff Sugg
    Sound Engineer: Andrew Cotton

River (from Cloud River Mountain w/Gong Linna)
  • Wheels of Fire - Cream
  • Mushroom

1998                                                              2000