What are you listening to right now? (16 Banners United)

Comments

• She Swims
    Serafim Tsotsonis - She Swims
  • Stories From Elsewhere
    Rhian Sheehan - Stories from Elsewhere
  •  
    Phillip Bimstein’s joyful celebration of baseball, The Bushy Wushy Rag, begins with legendary announcer Jack Buck excitedly calling an historic home run by Ozzie Smith. Bimstein recorded St. Louis Cardinal baseball game sounds—such as cracks-of-the-bat (including Mark McGuire's and Sammy Sosa's, as they ended the 1999 season dueling for the home run crown), balls-slamming-into-mitts and grunts of the home-plate umpire—shaping them into a lively percussion track. The piece most notably features the voice of a lovable veteran beer vendor who calls himself “Bushy Wushy the Beer Man” and is one of baseball’s greatest fans. After interviewing Bushy Wushy, Bimstein composed a score for wind quintet which supports the patterns and pitches of Bushy Wushy’s voice, while also echoing Scott Joplin’s ragtime and “The St. Louis Blues,” music which arose at the same time as baseball became popular in America.

The Bushy Wushy Rag was commissioned by Continental Harmony , a partnership of American Composers Forum and the National Endowment for the Arts, and an Associate Partner of the White House Millennium Council. The Bushy Wushy Rag was premiered by Equinox Chamber Players in St. Louis July 4, 2000 and featured in a PBS special in 2001.

The Equinox Chamber Players’ recording of The Bushy Wushy Rag is included on Starkland Record’s second release of Phillip Bimstein’s music, Larkin Gifford’s Harmonica, Starkland ST-214.

• Innover by Ivar Trio Kolve
    Enjoyed this quite a bit.
  • Following five albums with Heldon, his band, Richard Pinhas released his first solo record in 1977. Backed by Heldon's congenial drummer François Auger but no longer bound by the group dynamic, he explores his freshly purchased Moog Modular system in search of new sounds. It marked a departure into new realms – with fantastic results. Out February 2nd, 2018

• edited December 2017
    Moon Field
    Rafael Toral - Moon Field

Abstract and spacey. For lovers of hiss and blips. Some guitar and small alien creatures chirping. First track reminds me of the Clangers...it's rather fun.
  • edited December 2017
    Space
    Rafael Toral - Space.

More hiss and blips. Less Clangers, more rayguns and chimes.
    ETA, on the whole, I like Moon Field better.
  •  
    Achwghâ Ney Wodei. Widely assumed to be an alias side project of bourbonese qualk, Achwghâ ney wodei with an equally ridiculous name were infact a real group; Didier Copp , Eric Sterenfield (’Riton’) , Françoise Boitiere , Phillippe Royer (’Woudi’) who were active in the so-called ‘alternative’ Parisian music scene in the late Eighties. With peers such as as Mano Negra, Bérurier Noir’ and Les Negresse Vertes, Achwghâ ney wodei complemented the eclectic style of the times with a cartoon comedic style based on French working class Chanson, music hall and character driven vignettes.
    http://www.achwghaneywodei.com/Achwgha_Ney_Wodei.html
    https://www.emusic.com/artist/rs_3993111/Achwgha-Ney-Wode
  • Memoirs

So nice.
  • edited December 2017
    Maurizio Bianchi (M.B.)

1981  Archives (Thanks to Bn)                      1983

2006 Sinewaves' Weblabel s3p033                  2007
    Thank Bn

• edited December 2017

Recorded 2010.    Thanks                             Recorded 2010-12    

2017 Bandcamp - Maurizio Bianchi / Abul Mogard
  • Time for one more, in the spirit of the season

1995 Martin Atkins And The Chicago Industrial League

Ps remind myself to check out Abul Mogard
  • Charles Lloyd Quartet - I long to see you 

followed by

Gregory Porter - Nat King Cole and me
  • edited December 2017

• Image result for john luther adams canticles of the holy wind

John Luther Adams: Canticles of the Holy Wind
  • Ho ho ho !

Opposing viewpoint:

• edited December 2017
    Till Human Voices Wake Us
    Brubeck
    The North Wind and the Sun
    The Green Kingdom - The North Wind and the Sun

All different, all excellent.

@brighternow, thanks for the Aaron Martin/Machinefabriek - sounds excellent.

• @brighternow, thanks for the Aaron Martin/Machinefabriek - sounds excellent.

Yes indeed and so does this one:

• Adramelech
    Shakkei
    Zion80 - Adramelech;
    Origamibiro - Shakkei
  •  httpsf4bcbitscomimga0776424100_14jpg 

Giulio Aldinucci - Borders And Ruins

released September 29, 2017 on Karlrecords

- sounds like a must have . . .
  • Plong42 said:

If, Bwana - WTF 1: Nov 1, 2017  (name your price)

• Well, the Ms continue.....I think I'll be here for a while.
    Machinefabriek 

2008                                                              2009  & Nils Frahm
  • confused said:
    Well, the Ms continue.....I think I'll be here for a while.
    Mackey & Treuting: Orpheus Unsung
  • Well, I'll have to wait till the Ss for that as I'm using the iTunes library system for storing files. (mostly)
    Machinefabriek  & +(lots of singles)

2006 Reissue 2008 with bonus track            2007 Aaron Martin 
                                                                                  Cello Recycling/Cello Drowning

2008                                                                   2008 Stephen Vitiello 
                                                                                         Box Music