What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

Comments

• Uton (Jani Hirvonen)

2007 - Alitaju Yliminä                                            2007 w/ Valerio Cosi - Käärmeenkääntopiiri

2009 Unexplained Objects                                  2014 & I Am Just A Pupil/My Bizarre Bayuk - Split
  •  
    The ‘Sahara Mixtape’ album presents a selection of 33 pieces made for the score of the VPRO-produced travel/documentary series Sahara, in which Bram Vermeulen explores political turmoil, social issues and cultural heritage in the Sahara region. The soundtrack is at times brooding and gritty, but also prominently playful and exhilarating. You might actually hear some influences by M.I.A. and Equiknoxx Music in there… high-energy music that you'd normally not associate with Machinefabriek. Making this album felt like an invitation to experiment in ways that were (relatively) new to the composer; the joy of making it radiates through these tracks. 
    - released November 25, 2018 

• Something warm as the blizzards approach
  • Sahara Mixtape - very nice!
  • Valerio Cosi

Recorded 2006 Amber Lions - WHNZ:28:RLI       2008 - Heavy Electronic Pacific Rock
                            FMA

2009 w/Fabio Orsi - Thoughts Melt In The Air 
  • Seventy Monk tunes spread out over 6 discs.
    Nice combo of group variety and sensitivity 
    buoyed by an excellent rhythm section.

• edited November 2018
    If you like The Necks (@kargatron ?) and don't have this one yet you might want to check out the misprice at Google.

• Fleetwood Mac Rumours
  • If you like The Necks (@kargatron ?) and don't have this one yet you might want to check out the misprice at Google.

Thanks Germanprof!!!
  • edited November 2018

Ouvala are Ian Hawgood and Tim Diagram, their first album 
    "Psychology Of Colour" was released on Fluid Audio in 2016.

Ouvala "Multiperspectivity" is the most-recent handiwork and 
    features nine collaborative pieces, thrown back and forth 
    several times. It is a characteristic of sound, short stories 
    and mystical adventures where both musical perspectives are 
    projected to the listener.
    - Released October 29, 2018
  • denboinc said: Thanks Germanprof!!!
    You're welcome!
    NP:

• Everything but the Girl - Idlewind
  • edited November 2018
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga4268798338_14jpg
    Herzlich Willkommen.

While working as a sound editor for DEFA in the 1970’s and 80's Martin Zeichnete led a secret, parallel life writing music to train and inspire East Germany’s athletic elite. This fourth compilation of Zeichnete’s work will take us on a cosmic voyage of both the body and the mind...
    - released November 19, 2018

• From the Hidden Vibes label, thanks to all for the heads up
  •  
    This program should allow the average runner to complete a 5 kilometre run at a reasonable pace. Included are 3 minute warmup and warm down pieces.
    Written by Martin Zeichnete this program was used by the East German Olympians in the 1970s.
    - released June 3, 2013
  • edited November 2018
    Good to see that the new Kosmischer Läufer is out! I love their stuff (literally, because I have merchandise!). Fun "story" that doesn't obscure their devotion to the beauties of Deutsche-Elektro. Goldene Tage sounds just like a lost track from Harmonia's Deluxe or a Michael Rother tune. ...and that, my friends, is worth its weight in "Gold..."
  • djhdjh
    edited November 2018
    rostasi said:
    Good to see that the new Kosmischer Läufer is out! I love their stuff (literally, because I have merchandise!). Fun "story" that doesn't obscure their devotion to the beauties of Deutsche-Elektro. Goldene Tage sounds just like a lost track from Harmonia's Deluxe. ...and that, my friends, is worth its weight in "Gold..."

I'm onto this right now, starting with vol 2 for all the obvious reasons. Thanks for the heads up @rostasi and @Brighternow loving it so far, but where has it been since 2013, don't think I heard a word press-wise.

EDIT:

I understand that this has been called out as a hoax. Honestly I can't believe there could even be a discussion, the drum production is so 21st Century as to be a joke. But it's still great fun.
  • Cosmic Vortex Justice Divine

I am going to go hang out in 1974 for a while. See you when I get back, unless I decide not to...

• Doofy said:
    I am going to go hang out in 1974 for a while. See you when I get back, unless I decide not to...
    I'm right around the corner . . .

• Thanks all for the pointer on this - fun stuff!

• edited November 2018

httpsf4bcbitscomimga0548634755_14jpg 
    Sparse American primitive instrumentals drawn from the roots music of Mississippi and Appalachia. Influenced by the likes of Skip James, John Fahey, Roscoe Holcomb and John Hurt.

• Re-released on the Everland label. Bad news is it's LP only, good news is you can stream at Bandcamp. There are a few other Strata East albums as well
This discussion has been closed.