What are you listening to right now? (17 Seconds of Cicadas)

1124125126127128130»

Comments

• Marihiko Hara                                                              Marihiko Hara & Polar M 

2007                      Cesura                                            2013                    Beyond
    https://archive.org/details/zym016 

2015   Live Recordings #1 : Ambient Sessions
  • edited December 2019
    Secret Records image

- released November 29, 2019
    "It's a free sampler of some of the stuff we have released AND some of the stuff we have planned for next year. Spread it around. Tell yer friends and yer enemies."

• Markus Reuter & Ian Boddy 

2009                      Dervish

Markus Reuter + Zero Ohms

2011             The Sun Is Just The Sun,                   2015           From Worlds Unseen A Light 
                  But The Stars They Call The Heavens                          Yet Streams A Sound Replete
  • edited December 2019
    I was wondering if it’s time to move on to number 18 for the new year.
    Don’t have any ideas right now, but it seems that we’ve been here quite a while.
    (actually it would’ve been nice to be starting at “20” and just moving on thru the years.
    I suppose we could just call this new one the 2020 Edition).
    Anyway, it's been nearly 17 months since we've changed this, so just an idea.
  • edited December 2019
    ^^ Seems like a good idea . . .
    httpsf4bcbitscomimga1167655009_14jpg
    released May 13, 2019
    Benjamin Lew was an enlightened amateur, in the noble and almost Renaissance-like sense of the word: he dabbled with equal grace in photography, writing, visual arts ... and worked part-time as a cocktail mixer in a tropical bar which was one of the favourite watering holes of Brussels’ thriving artistic community of the early ‘80s. Tuxedomoon had just moved to Brussels, and Steven Brown was among the many musicians, designers & artists who patronized the bar. Benjamin had a secret passion: he wasn’t a musician, but had acquired a small analog computer, with which he had started creating these strange mysterious little pieces. Benjamin played them to Steven and asked him if he’d agree to record with him. Steven was taken with them and accepted. The Douzième Journée was largely created in the studio by both protagonists, with the help of Gilles Martin and myself, in the spring of ‘82. Listening to his albums (he went on to record four more with Crammed) is like embarking on a dream journey to the Sahara or the Far East. You’d think that some of the pieces feature non-European musicians or samples but: no... this is just Benjamin’s imagination, his synths, and his friends . . .

The Mysterious Music of Belgium’s Benjamin Lew

ETA: Wow !
  • rostasi said:
    I was wondering if it’s time to move on to number 18 for the new year.
    Don’t have any ideas right now, but it seems that we’ve been here quite a while.
    (actually it would’ve been nice to be starting at “20” and just moving on thru the years.
    I suppose we could just call this new one the 2020 Edition).
    Anyway, it's been nearly 17 months since we've changed this, so just an idea.
    Speaking about 18:
    A vibrant hommage to Music for 18 Musicians: a work of musical minimalism composed by Steve Reich during 1974-1976 and which proved to influence many subsequent genres in music, esp. Electronics…

On stage Philippe chooses to process the original 11 “pulses” live, doubling/extending wavelengths and superimposing each into another… Playing with their harmonic analysis and spectral resynthesis, splitting soundwave into its component frequencies and phases, manipulating those and then mashing them all back together again within a different composition. A tapestry of sound running several different sources altogether to create a deep and hypnotic sound assemblage...

• It makes more sense to me to keep going with 18 - if we want to sync with the years we can close it in less than a year to gain ground. New thread started, closing this one.
This discussion has been closed.